SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Celebrated my father's 100th tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Celebrated my father's 100th tonight Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
It's really 99th, but in our tradition/culture, you're automatically one y/o the moment you're born. Hence the 100th BD celebration. The man is the pillar of the extended family. My cousins/relatives from around the country, some I haven't seen in over 40 years, made the trip to make his day. Everyone had a great great time.

My sister ordered the cake, sent them an old pic of his when he was 44. Don't know how they did it, but they transferred his image onto the cake. Amazing.

My cousin leading the BD chant.

Q

Posts: 26434 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Looks HEALTHY. May he CELEBRATE many more. Q, you and your Family are blessed. John.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
That is awesome! Happy Birthday to your dad. Wishing him good health.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Q that is incredible, and many more to come!

Archerman

Posts: 2487 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
So cool! God bless all of you!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to your father and I pray he has many more healthy years.

Let him know how much we appreciate him coming to America and sharing his son with us.

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool Q! He looks very spry for 99/100. My dad is 92 and it's catching up with him over the last year.

Best wishes to all!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
What’s his secret to living such a long life? He appears blessed with a loving family. Happy Hundredth!

Posts: 6016 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Wow. Even him at 44, I would have guessed he would to be much younger.

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to your Dad!

Posts: 26929 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Q, not only congratulations to your father, but to your entire family in their adopted country. We are glad you all are here!

My folks turn 96 this year and God willing they too will have such a celebration. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16246 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Superb! Thanks for sharing this great news.

Posts: 11393 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to your father. The birthday party looks like a very nice time.

Posts: 540 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! 99/100 years is no small achievement.

Posts: 3156 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the milestone birthday. He looks great at 100.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Q, what an amazing celebration! Congratulations to your father.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Extending happy birthday thoughts to your father and continued blessings on your family.

Silent

Posts: 1027 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic. I hope yo all had a great day celebrating your father.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post