SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The "24-hr virus" - It hit me last night like a vengeance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The "24-hr virus" - It hit me last night like a vengeance Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Last night (actually about 1:30 this AM), I suddenly got the chills. Thought it was just the room being cold. Put on two jackets. Portable heater right next to me. Still, the shaking chills were unstoppable. Then, achy all over, and my face felt like it was burning up. Checked my temp, and it was 103. Took me the longest time to finally fall asleep. Woke up at noon today, and everything is back to normal. Not even a residual effect. So, some virus tried to get me, but I suppose I kicked its ass outta here! Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. Smile

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Glad you are all better. Have a good Turkey Day..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Rest up, Glad you're on the mend.

Our oldest, positive for flu a & strep today. We're supposed to have 15 at our house to host Thanksgiving. Had to cancel & have tons of food now. Taking plates to my parents now.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Tue afternoon I was feeling off, but thought it might be my allergies to mold in the air. Wed afternoon, I could tell I was sick. Since about 8pm last night, I've been mostly bedridden and exhibiting symptoms similar to yours. I just took a shower after soaking my sheets in cold sweat. Hoping this does not turn out to be longer than a 72hr virus for me.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Texas the flu is out in force.
Bet you fought it off, and due to your immune system you won!

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I got hit with it Wednesday and ended up missing Thanksgiving this year. Haven’t felt this awful since before Covid, so at least 3 years now.

Something is definitely going around and quick. Several coworkers were sick this week and it’s run through each of my 3 kids too; fever, cough, runny nose, etc

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
RSV? Hit our area pretty hard. Still com8ng back from it after a week..

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I hope mine only lasts 24 hours. Going through it today and it’s been rather annoying. Wife is still feeling the effects of her virus and she’s on day 4 now.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
glad to hear you are OK

this place would not be the same with out you

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Da bug's definitely going around in Texas.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
"Physician heal thyself!" And you did!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
RSV? Hit our area pretty hard. Still com8ng back from it after a week..

Whatever it was, doubtful it's RSV. Except for what was mentioned in the OP, I had zero other symptoms. None. I mean, not even a hint of a sniffle or anything respiratory. Plus, RSV just doesn't suddenly hit you like a truck.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Glad you're ok Q. Happy Thanksgiving

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Glad you kicked that bug in the backside. Stay well. .......................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Does UT win make you feel any better? Wink

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Glad you're on the right side of this, Q. Holidays are no time to be sick. I'm not sure when the right time is, but... not the holidays.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
good thing you made it through alright.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
The virus obviously does not like oriental rednecks. Cool

That's a good thing. Glad you kicked its azz!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Glad it was short lived! Our body's ability to fight back is pretty amazing.

Take care and stay rested for a while....doc! Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Be sure it isn’t Clostridioides difficile.

That bastard very nearly ended me in 2018.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post