SIGforum
The "24-hr virus" - It hit me last night like a vengeance

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2460015694

November 24, 2022, 03:57 PM
The "24-hr virus" - It hit me last night like a vengeance
Last night (actually about 1:30 this AM), I suddenly got the chills. Thought it was just the room being cold. Put on two jackets. Portable heater right next to me. Still, the shaking chills were unstoppable. Then, achy all over, and my face felt like it was burning up. Checked my temp, and it was 103. Took me the longest time to finally fall asleep. Woke up at noon today, and everything is back to normal. Not even a residual effect. So, some virus tried to get me, but I suppose I kicked its ass outta here! Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. Smile

Q

November 24, 2022, 04:20 PM
sig 226
Glad you are all better. Have a good Turkey Day..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
November 24, 2022, 04:22 PM
P250UA5
Rest up, Glad you're on the mend.

Our oldest, positive for flu a & strep today. We're supposed to have 15 at our house to host Thanksgiving. Had to cancel & have tons of food now. Taking plates to my parents now.

The Enemy's gate is down.
November 24, 2022, 04:29 PM
iron chef
Tue afternoon I was feeling off, but thought it might be my allergies to mold in the air. Wed afternoon, I could tell I was sick. Since about 8pm last night, I've been mostly bedridden and exhibiting symptoms similar to yours. I just took a shower after soaking my sheets in cold sweat. Hoping this does not turn out to be longer than a 72hr virus for me.
November 24, 2022, 04:33 PM
Didls
In Texas the flu is out in force.
Bet you fought it off, and due to your immune system you won!
November 24, 2022, 04:43 PM
PASig
I got hit with it Wednesday and ended up missing Thanksgiving this year. Haven’t felt this awful since before Covid, so at least 3 years now.

Something is definitely going around and quick. Several coworkers were sick this week and it’s run through each of my 3 kids too; fever, cough, runny nose, etc

November 24, 2022, 04:54 PM
irreverent
RSV? Hit our area pretty hard. Still com8ng back from it after a week..

"Trust, but verify."
November 24, 2022, 04:56 PM
mutedblade
I hope mine only lasts 24 hours. Going through it today and it’s been rather annoying. Wife is still feeling the effects of her virus and she’s on day 4 now.

November 24, 2022, 08:22 PM
lyman
glad to hear you are OK

this place would not be the same with out you

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

November 24, 2022, 08:46 PM
Il Cattivo
Da bug's definitely going around in Texas.
November 24, 2022, 08:51 PM
rduckwor
"Physician heal thyself!" And you did!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
November 24, 2022, 09:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
RSV? Hit our area pretty hard. Still com8ng back from it after a week..

Whatever it was, doubtful it's RSV. Except for what was mentioned in the OP, I had zero other symptoms. None. I mean, not even a hint of a sniffle or anything respiratory. Plus, RSV just doesn't suddenly hit you like a truck.

Q

November 24, 2022, 10:59 PM
charlie12
Glad you're ok Q. Happy Thanksgiving

November 24, 2022, 11:45 PM
drill sgt
Glad you kicked that bug in the backside. Stay well. .......................... drill sgt.
November 25, 2022, 02:51 PM
mjlennon
Does UT win make you feel any better? Wink
November 25, 2022, 03:56 PM
DennisM
Glad you're on the right side of this, Q. Holidays are no time to be sick. I'm not sure when the right time is, but... not the holidays.
November 25, 2022, 03:59 PM
Rey HRH
good thing you made it through alright.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
November 25, 2022, 04:04 PM
chbibc
The virus obviously does not like oriental rednecks. Cool

That's a good thing. Glad you kicked its azz!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
November 25, 2022, 04:08 PM
6guns
Glad it was short lived! Our body's ability to fight back is pretty amazing.

Take care and stay rested for a while....doc! Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
November 25, 2022, 04:15 PM
Sig2340
Be sure it isn’t Clostridioides difficile.

That bastard very nearly ended me in 2018.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018