SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pope Francis Compares George Floyd To Biblical ‘Good Samaritan,’ Praises BLM Rioters For Being ‘Social Poets’
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pope Francis Compares George Floyd To Biblical ‘Good Samaritan,’ Praises BLM Rioters For Being ‘Social Poets’ Login/Join 
posted
https://nationalfile.com/pope-...-being-social-poets/

Pope Francis released a video message advocating more left-wing politics on Saturday, in the latest attempt by the Vatican to reassure the world that Catholicism is on the side of social justice. The pope praised deceased felon George Floyd as a “Good Samaritan,” and provided a moral endorsement of violent BLM rioters.

“Do you know what comes to mind now when, together with popular movements, I think of the Good Samaritan?” the Pope declared. “Do you know what comes to mind? The protests over the death of George Floyd. It is clear that this type of reaction against social, racial or macho injustice can be manipulated or exploited by political machinations or whatever, but the main thing is that, in that protest against this death, there was the Collective Samaritan who is no fool!”

“This movement did not pass by on the other side of the road when it saw the injury to human dignity caused by an abuse of power,” the Catholic figurehead continued. “The popular movements are not only social poets but also collective Samaritans.”

The pope went on to repeatedly invoke the term “social justice,” and proclaimed that “In my experience, when people, men and women, have suffered injustice, inequality, abuse of power, deprivations, and xenophobia in their own flesh – in my experience, I can see that they understand much better what others are experiencing and are able to help them realistically to open up paths of hope. How important it is that your voice be heard, represented in all the places where decisions are made. Offer your voice in a collaborative spirit; speak with moral certainty of what must be done.”

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d expect no less from the Argentine commie.
Full disclosure: non-practicing Catholic here.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Joe Biden to meet Pope Francis at the Vatican on Oct. 29

https://www.americamagazine.or...ancis-meeting-241657

President Joe Biden will meet Pope Francis at the Vatican on Oct. 29, the White House announced Thursday, a meeting that could create awkwardness ahead of a November meeting of U.S. bishops, who are expected to approve a document that could take aim at Catholic politicians who deviate from church teaching on abortion.

In a statement about the meeting, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki wrote that “they will discuss working together on efforts grounded in respect for fundamental human dignity, including ending the COVID-19 pandemic, tackling the climate crisis, and caring for the poor.”

First Lady Jill Biden will accompany Mr. Biden during his visit to the Vatican, which will be his first since becoming president. The two previously met when Mr. Biden was vice president.

Mr. Biden will be in Rome to attend the G20 Leaders’ Summit, held Oct. 30 to 31, before traveling to Glasgow, Nov. 1 to 2, to take part in the World Leader Summit at the start of the COP26 climate change gathering.

Earlier this month, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi participated in a Vatican meeting and was received in a private audience by Pope Francis. Images of Mr. Biden and Ms. Pelosi being received warmly by Pope Francis and other Vatican officials may create awkwardness as some U.S. bishops ratchet up confrontations with the two political leaders over their support for legal abortion.

Mr. Biden’s Vatican meeting will come just a couple of weeks before U.S. bishops meet for their fall meeting, during which they are expected to vote on a controversial statement about the Eucharist. Earlier this year, the bishops voted to move ahead with drafting the statement. During roughly two hours of contentious debate, some bishops said that the potential document would politicize the Eucharist, while others said Mr. Biden’s support for abortion rights made such a statement more urgent. Ultimately, bishops voted overwhelmingly in favor of drafting the statement.

“He likes to call himself a devout Catholic. I would urge him to begin to act like one, especially on the life issues,” Archbishop Joseph Naumann told EWTN. “And to let his faith really inform his conscience and the decisions that he’s making, not the platform of his party.”

Mr. Biden may find a friendlier reception among church leaders in Rome than at home, a phenomenon that dates back to the earliest days of his presidency.

While U.S. bishops have devoted much attention to their disagreements with Mr. Biden and Ms. Pelosi over abortion, when it comes to the Vatican, the emphasis seems to be placed on agreements in areas such as migration and the environment.

More at link

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So sick of this guy.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
More shit coming out of the commie's mouth. What else is new?

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden & Pelosi will March right up to receive Communion. I hope they choke on the Body & Blood of Christ. This pope is not a Holy Man. A dangerous phony just like the biden’s & pelosi.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Leftists ruin EVERYTHING!

After John Paul II, the RC Church left me. While I still believe in my religion, I no longer believe in the church. Frown

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8875 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I’m so sick of this commie pope!
I am a Catholic and we’ve had bad popes before but this guy is embarrassing.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Defenestration

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Calling that Commie "Pope" should be an embarrassment to the Vatican. He will be judged by God...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Nincompope...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So what is the church doing to combat this?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Unless I'm missing something, the actual quote from the Pope compares BLM and other protest groups to the Good Samaritan, not George Floyd.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I don't see how the Catholic Church CAN combat this in any meaningful way without a major change in core dogma.

The Catholic Church has as a central article of faith that (paraphrasing) when the Pope speaks officially on the subject of faith, morals, or church doctrine, God doesn't let the Pope make any mistakes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:

I don't see how the Catholic Church CAN combat this in any meaningful way without a major change in core dogma.

The Catholic Church has as a central article of faith that (paraphrasing) when the Pope speaks officially on the subject of faith, morals, or church doctrine, God doesn't let the Pope make any mistakes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility

Can’t do anything? Horseshit.

Each catholic can cut off the money. Not a dime more. You know, the same mantra that we seem to be cool with in reference to the NRA and Wayne LaPierre?

Or is that ok for the NRA and not for the Catholic Church? You cut the billions off and things change. Unless you are telling me that Catholics are mindless zombies that can’t think for themselves because the church says otherwise. And if that’s the case, that makes the church no better than a registered Democrat and the DNC.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Defenestration

Yes!!!!

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

Each catholic can cut off the money. Not a dime more.

This is what I do. I've talked to my pastor about it. Our weekly check is marked for parish maintenance and so it can only be used for the upkeep of the parish. No part of it goes to the Archdiocese, the bishop's conference, or to Rome.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6400 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Who let the doggerels out Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8337 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post