SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fired a customer today and made her pay.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fired a customer today and made her pay. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
I often see a response from either the owner or a representative of the company following a review on Yelp.

Jeff should do the same and post a scan of that letter she wrote.

Back in the early days of social media we used to do a lot of "training" with clients as to how to manage their online presence and in 100% of cases like this the solution was to post a professional, factual account of the events as the owner. You come out looking professional and it shows you care about your reputation.

That said, I am not certain how much weight Yelp stil carries. Most people use it to bitch like this woman and if you read their reviews it shoes they are just miserable people

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That kind of 1 star review on Yelp is actually a positive for the store - anyone who reads that can see that she is a bitch.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Interesting that you and David had similar experiences with idiots in the same timeframe.

Couldn't be two nicer guys, both taking the right course of action.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Interesting that you and David had similar experiences with idiots in the same timeframe.

Did David Troung have a similar problem?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

That said, I am not certain how much weight Yelp still carries.

This. The 20-somethings that I work with laugh at Yelp.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11110 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

Yeah, some jackwad with a perceived ring sizing issue and zip credibility.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One Nordstom store in Woodland hills, ca. use to ban a half a dozen people a month from that store.

usually 4 or five of them were for shoplifting, but it was not uncommon for them to ban customers for their abuse of the very liberal return policy.

they would buy clothing wear it two or three times and then return it for one reason or another , three weeks later.

They got a three paragraph letter stating that Nordstrom could no longer afford to do buisness with them .

the weird thing was, 80% of the offenders were filthy stinking rich with bank loads of F.U. money , we could never figure that out

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55214 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
the weird thing was, 80% of the offenders were filthy sinking rich with bank loads of F.U. money , we could never figure that out

Underlying psychological issues mixed with a sense of entitlement. Remember Leona Helmsley and her comment, "Only little people pay taxes." We all remember how that turned out. I remember the front cover of a magazine at the time with her unflattering picture, captioned with "Rhymes with Rich".

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Thank you, bald1, for answering my question. I'm sorry David had to deal with that. David and Jeff are kind, generous, and friendly. How anyone could not get along with those two is beyond me.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Thank you, bald1, for answering my question. I'm sorry David had to deal with that. David and Jeff are kind, generous, and friendly. How anyone could not get along with those two is beyond me.

Some people go through life miserable and entitled. Can't get along with anyone.

I appreciate a retailer that wouldn't try to clean up and resell something that had been urinated on. Speaks well to the quality of their character and business.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Amazing that she didn’t see the error of her dog’s ways. It’s hard enough in a pet store when every Fido, Spot, and Sailor is marking every item when you turn your back, but to do it in front of you and REFUSE to acknowledge your lack of control over your pet.. cmon, lady.
And it sounds like it wasn’t even marking... I’m pretty sure I would’ve shown more than amazement if she had said the dog had done this elsewhere and she’s done nothing since to correct the behavior. Awful. Entitled. Owners.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5507 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
"Mark"? What do you mean "Mark"? You mean like with a Sharpie or something? Razz

Posts: 2707 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
"Mark"? What do you mean "Mark"? You mean like with a Sharpie or something? Razz
Micturating (that word was introduced in a different thread. It's a good word. Use it three times and it will be yours).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31454 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
This dog wasn’t marking anything. He had to go and he did, in my store.

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Kerstin T. of Forsyth, IL sounds like she has serious dissatisfaction with her life. Although the Yelp platform allows me to message her, I will (mostly) keep my comments to myself.

I've used Yelp to compliment new businesses - mostly restaurants - who seem to live for social media. And occasionally, to crap upon someone, like the guy who sold my ex-mil a bum warranty plan on a "new" car which was somehow not originally sold in the USA . . . Roll Eyes

It was useful to spy on a long-time customer who was suddenly slow pay in a new venture. The usual, staffing issues and summer lull. Easily forgiven, and she has since paid up.

Like D.J. Pierre Robert told me, it doesn't matter what they're saying, as long as they are talking about you. I still shop at a market which has a history of bruising my bagged apples.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I left a great write up on her but changed it after I though of the ramifications if she got SJWs involved.
So I changed my reply and gave 5 stars.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39874 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
It's unfair that nowadays, someone like this can have a exponentially unfair & negative affect on something so positive. OP posted cause he cares, and to think that this prune might have cause issue to even 1 customer based on a spoiled elitist perspective is just not right.

Only thing to do - get ahead of it. Call her out. If there are tapes, post them on Yelp, if this witch leaves her 'mark' wherever she goes, let the world know this is one of those bitter people that just spreads joy. It's crazy to let her get away with something like this - especially if she is an habitual douche.

Posts: 1661 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I've read through her "reviews".
Nothing satisfies this spoiled brat of a woman.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39874 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the 60's I was doing TV repair for a large retailer and every once in awhile some guy drinking beer would be spread on his couch and try to tell me what was wrong with the set. And of course they were always wrong, but I would pretend like I'm taking his advice and then say it must be something else wrong, I'll try this instead. Sometimes you had to humor the smucks. Wink

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
One Nordstom store in Woodland hills, ca. use to ban a half a dozen people a month from that store.

usually 4 or five of them were for shoplifting, but it was not uncommon for them to ban customers for their abuse of the very liberal return policy.

they would buy clothing wear it two or three times and then return it for one reason or another , three weeks later.

They got a three paragraph letter stating that Nordstrom could no longer afford to do buisness with them .

the weird thing was, 80% of the offenders were filthy sinking rich with bank loads of F.U. money , we could never figure that out

Some wealthy"s are the most tight.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post