SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fired a customer today and made her pay.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fired a customer today and made her pay. Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
While I understand your frustration and dislike what she did...in today's digital age the business owner rarely benefits from digging in like this.

You'll be left poor reviews on all the review sites which costs more than the product would have.

Unless a flood of people were to respond and express their outrage at such selfish behavior and attitudes.

Maybe a little "reverse leftists tactics" and shove it up back in the faces of these pathetic drones.

Used to be people were put in stocks and the folks ridiculed and shamed them.

Anyone can "Yelp".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I have moved to MS, so I can offer a "bless your heart!"

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I have moved to MS, so I can offer a "bless your heart!"

And here is Louisiana. She's a ole bitch

Posts: 13051 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
her statement that "I live in Illinois" explains a lot.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3796 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
no word of this policy though

Common sense says- You piss on it, You bought it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Yep, I saw it. She is also a liar. She has spent $239 on 5 visits in 19 months.
Your computer records, along with the video of the pissing dog, should form the foundation of a factual response if she is actually foolish enough to whine on yelp or any similar site. In fact, you might want to touch base with your lawyer -- you might have a valid libel / defamation suit.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31454 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
It sounds like this woman is one of those people who brings joy into the life of everyone she encounters. I suspect her "friends" roll their eyes when she starts her rants, and there are likely many. As for banning her from the store? I am all for it, I would prefer the products I purchase to be urine free.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 743 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
She just sent us this note:

"...First let me say that had my dog peed on anything unpackaged or not in waterproof packaging that another animal would consume, I would pay for it with no complaint in a heartbeat - no matter what it cost. But these dried liver treats were in sealed, hard plastic containers - the kind that you have to break a piece off the rim to get open. They could EASILY AND THOROUGHLY be cleaned with diluted bleach or a chlorox wipe.

I know I'm an old fogey, but my first thought was: You're missing the point. It's not what your dog peed on, it's the fact that you seem to have no problem with your dog peeing in this establishment that is the issue. If it was an "accident", your offer to clean it up would be welcome. But the fact that you seem to think this is acceptable behavior is the real issue.

This.

Express your remorse of the situation and offer to clean up the mess. Her response shows a total lack of respect for your store. I bet she gets offended easy too.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5799 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And when she tells all of her friends you know the story will change considerably .

Posts: 4273 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
She appears to be a spoiled “rich bitch”. There’s lots of those in San Antonio, each more special and precious than any of the others.

How in the hell can she stand there watching her damn untrained dog piss (on merchandise!) in a store, and act like it’s acceptable? Does she let the dog do that at home? Probably not.

A pox on her and her kind.

Posts: 27185 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
She was dumb nough to post it to YELP pretty much just like Jeff said - admitted dog pissed on products, and that the staff insisted she buy them as a result rather than just cleaning off the sealed plastic packaged treats. Having been to the store, I felt entitled to leave a review applauding the actions of the staff, as I do not wish to buy previously pissed on treats for my dogs, nor do I think the store owners should eat the costs of a dogs actions. I’d never in my life think of doing such a thing should my animals do the same (though I’m VERY certain they wouldn’t).

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This is exactly the type of woman who would have sued the store if she found out that she bought dog treats that had been peed on, 'cleaned' and returned to the shelves.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38252 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Don't fret it...

I got a bad review once from a guy who complained I showed up an hour late for an appointment...and in the review he pointed out I showed up at the time I had scheduled and he had written the time down wrong... go figure?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m going to leave a yelp review “I for one love shopping in stores where I don’t have to worry bout washing dog piss off the items I buy”

This lady sounds like a real C word....and I’m not talking about crazy

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You are one of the nicest guys on the planet, Jeff. If a customer tangles with you, you know that is a certified, five-star asshole right there.

I've seen a few "You break it, you own it" signs in shops. I've never seen, "You piss on it, you own it." Some things just don't need to be said.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I’m going to leave a yelp review “I for one love shopping in stores where I don’t have to worry bout washing dog piss off the items I buy”

This lady sounds like a real C word....and I’m not talking about crazy
Cray-cray?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31454 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
What a lousy thing for you and your staff to have to go through. I have learned to not buy off the bottom shelf at a pet store because a less reputable business might have just toweled the items off and left them for sale.

I was also in a Petsmart recently and stopped to talk to a young gentleman that had his dog their for "socialization" as he put it. While I was talking to him the dog was on the leash and behind his back whizzing all over the bottom shelf. The guy was totally oblivious.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't ever remember seeking out reviews on social media when selecting a Pet Store to shop at. I think you will be just fine.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^ Absolutely, we are on it. Yelp and Google. Our response would be to post her note and ask if it is a good idea to wipe urine off of an item to sell it.

be careful what you post,

be polite, etc etc, and don't drop to her level,

and no snark,

just the facts and be brief,

probably typing out what you already know

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10594 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I often see a response from either the owner or a representative of the company following a review on Yelp.

Jeff should do the same and post a scan of that letter she wrote.

Posts: 2707 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post