SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fired a customer today and made her pay.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fired a customer today and made her pay. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
^^ Absolutely, we are on it. Yelp and Google. Our response would be to post her note and ask if it is a good idea to wipe urine off of an item to sell it.

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
More of your customers would find your consideration for selling clean and wholesome goods a far better position at the risk of offend a self indulged twit, than doing nothing and letting it slide.

And that sort of diligence is apparent in the stores presentation, the manner of your staff, and does not go un-noticed by your customers.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
At least we now know where the dog learned it's behavior. The owner is not the Alpha or Beta bitch and her pet has been taught it has free reign.

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that lady takes a squat in her local Piggly Wiggly?

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People like her are the reason that people should leave their pets at home if they aren't prepared to take responsibility for them.

Posts: 7087 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
So she's going to tell her friends that your business has a problem when her dog pisses all over your merchandise and she thinks that's wrong?

If I was at a social gathering and this lady was there telling her story of woe, I'd listen, then ask, "So, you feel you were treated poorly because the pet store didn't appreciate your dog urinating all over their products? They're in the wrong in your opinion?!"

It should be noted I don't get invited to too many parties since I live in an area populated mostly by Liberals. You know - people just like the entitled woman in Jeff's story. Roll Eyes

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10864 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Problem is that she will tell her version of what happened & leave important details out. I am an animal lover & tend to get ticked off at most of the pet owners I see because a lot of them are not good ambassadors.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like she posted it on Yelp.

1.0 star rating
8/3/2018

I used to spend between $200-300 every month at Pet Place when I was in town. Today, they MADE me purchase two packages of very expensive treats because my male dog marked them. THEY WERE IN SEALED HARD PLASTIC CONTAINERS! I am an ultra responsible and ultra clean dog owner. Had my dog peed on unpackaged items or on anything that would be ingested by another animal - no matter how expensive - I absolutely would have paid for them with no complaint. But these "sale" items (which they did discount from 25% to 50%), placed on a bottom shelf near the door, were completely SEALED in hard plastic! A wipe down with a little diluted bleach, and they would have been fine. And, their windows are COVERED with signs about shoplifting, local events, promos etc - no word of this policy though. No common sense and horrible treatment of a once good customer. I will never shop here again.

Posts: 13130 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Psst, read the first page.

Oh, nevermind, It looks now she's increased the $$ by $100 in your cut-n-paste.

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

I re read the first page and Jeff said she had sent the message to his store.She has now posted it on Yelp.She has 10 yelp reviews and 7 are 1 star two 2 star and one 5 star.

This woman has problems wherever she goes.

1.0 star rating
7/8/2018
Updated review

I ordered a loaded Q7 in late July and was told the car would be delivered in early November at the latest. It's after Thanksgiving, and The car is STILL not here. I was also told I would be updated every 2 weeks as to the progress/delivery date. NOT ONE CONTACT that I didn't initiate. I have homes in Illinois and North Carolina and the lack of communication on an $80,000 purchase is maddening. I am seriously considering ordering a car from a different Audi dealership. I can't imagine how bad this place must be when they have my money.

In DECEMBER, I called yet again and was informed that my sales person had been let go. I let the sales manager know how miffed I was at the dealership's lack of communication and that I was sorry I ever ordered a car from them. He said, "You can look on DealerRater.com, LADY, and you'll see over 400 five star reviews of our dealership." Lady! He belongs on a JD Byrider lot!!! Guess he hasn't seen Yelp. I then emailed The doctor who owns the business. NO REPLY WHATSOEVER. Finally, I cancelled the order. This experience has completely turned me off of Audi. I'm buying a Mercedes.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
1.0 star rating
11/28/2017 Previous review
I ordered a loaded Q7 in late July and was told the car would be delivered in early November at the… Read more
Ballard's in the Atrium
Ballard’s in the Atrium
$$ Bars, American (New)
8670 W State Rd 56
French Lick, IN 47432
2.0 star rating
5/3/2018

Fantastically expensive for what it is. My husband had one mid-level scotch and salmon with an extra side of asparagus, and I had the black and blue salad and water. $150! The flat iron steak on my salad was cooked to temp but quite tough, and the "blue" was absent. The dressing tasted like mayo with little to no blue cheese. My husband's salmon was over cooked and dry, but the asparagus was perfect. I would have given it one star, but our server was darling and so attentive.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Steak 'n Shake
Steak ‘n Shake
$ Burgers, Breakfast & Brunch, American (Traditional)
7606 Manchester Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63143
1.0 star rating
4/21/2018

We sat at the drive thru speaker forever, no one said anything, drove up to the drive thru window where two employees turned their backs on us. We honked. They ignored us. So we left. I called and the manager said the drive thru was closed. No one could tell us that when we sat at the window? So rude.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Matheny Heating & Cooling
Heating & Air Conditioning/HVAC
402 E Shafer St
Forsyth, IL 62535
1.0 star rating
5/30/2017

First to Review

I called for a/c service, and they came the same day. That was good. Technician added $175 worth of freon for a total bill of $295. Three weeks later, our units aren't cooling again. I called two different HVAC cos and both asked if Matheny isolated the leak first to see if it could be repaired. They did not, and I've learned that this is called a "gas and dump (dash?) that some companies will do because freon is so expensive. Their almost $300 service was a total waste. I'm a Forsyth resident, and I wanted to give my business to a local company. I'm sorry I did.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
American Plumbing Solutions
Plumbing, Water Heater Installation/Repair, Pressure Washers
1733 Renoir Dr
O Fallon, MO 63368
1.0 star rating
10/19/2016

Also got this outfit through a home buyer warrantee for a condo for a hot water heater. My brother lives in the condo. Plumber came, told him the h/w heater had a slow leak and needed to be replaced. According to my brother, plumber was going to check with the home warrantee co about the coverage and call me. After a week with no call, I called twice and emailed before he finally called me back and said no leak. Now another company is going to check it. The very nice lady who called me said American Plumbing does this ALL the time. She said she thinks he makes his living on the $75 deductibles. Don't waste your time.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Hertz Rent A Car
Hertz Rent A Car
Car Rental
1050 Highway 105
Boone, NC 28607
2.0 star rating
8/15/2016

Reservation agents were very friendly and knowledgable, including one who seemed to be in training. The car (Kia Sole) was clean and only had a few cosmetic dings. Unlike other places where I have rented cars though, there was no diagram of the car that could be used to document these dings and scratches. The reservation agent wrote them on a piece of paper and signed it. Disconcerting if there was a problem on the return since the renter is responsible. The reason for 2 stars was the unavailability of a navigation device. It seems to me that GPS is as ubiquitous and expected as power steering these days.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Elk Meadow Properties
Elk Meadow Properties
Property Management, Real Estate Services, Homeowner Association
Evergreen, CO 80439
5.0 star rating
7/21/2016

Elk Meadows (Brian, Trinette and now Katy) has managed our Colorado home since we purchased it 10 years ago, and they do a WONDERFUL job. We live in Illinois - quite a distance - and we trust this honest, caring, competent trio with the care of one of our biggest assets. Brian lets us know immediately when anything in the home needs to be repaired or replaced - which is of course, our decision. When the exterior of our home had to be restained, they found someone to choose the colors (big departure from the original), and it was beautiful! In the 10 years we've owned it, I don't think our house has been empty for four months.

I'm shocked to read the previous tenant's poor review. Our tenants have all been extremely pleased with their service and responsiveness. One tenant who arrived exhausted from out of state before their belongings did told us that Brian and Trinette came over at night with pillows and bedding for them. Another tenant who lost his job told us the Lane family bought them groceries.

We would highly, highly recommend their services, and we've had a very long working relationship with them.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Alexander - King Farms
Alexander - King Farms - CLOSED
$$$$ Meat Shops
111 E Exchange St
Geneseo, IL 61254
1.0 star rating
5/31/2016

It really pains me to write a bad review about a family-owned farm. Most Illinois farmers are such hard-working, honest, salt-of-the-earth people! But I would avoid this one! I ordered half a Berkshire hog in August 2015, and from what I have read, count myself lucky to have received it in APRIL of 2016 - mostly THAWED. I notified AK farms we would be on vacation but it was sent anyway. They offered to replace what was thawed, but now they ignore my calls and emails. From what I have read: 1) Beth King is NOT a member of the American Berkshire Assn., 2) Many of their hogs were sick last year and died, 3)They have a slew of open complaints with the BBB and are not members, 4) They are being investigated by the Attorney General's office. This is what the BBB page says about them: "BBB has received a pattern of pending complaints. Consumers from Colorado, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Oklahoma, Iowa, Kentucky and Tennessee claim to have placed orders for beef or pork with Alexander King Farms in the summer and fall of 2015 and in some cases were told they could expect delivery of the products in January of 2016.
BBB began receiving complaints in October 2015. Complaints allege the products have not been received as of April 2016, no communication from the company and promises of refunds have not been delivered.

The company has recently responded to two complaints stating a refund will be sent on April 15, 2016. One complaint the company responded claiming a refund was sent in February 2016, however the consumer for that case states the refund was not received. Another case the company responded stating that 50% of the deposit is not refundable.
As of April 28, 2016, there are 15 complaints pending. The company has responded to complaints offering refunds in some cases and stating deposits are not refundable in other cases. Two consumers have confirmed receipt of a refund, while several others have stated they have not received a refund as of April 27, 2016.

On April 6, 2016 BBB sent a letter to Alexander King Farms requesting they respond to this pattern and address the underlying cause of these complaints. BBB did not receive a response to this request."

If you ordered from a "Local" swap/buy/sell Facebook page, please warn people with a post to that page. They continue to take orders and people's money. Here is another FB page you may be interested in: People Against Alexander King Farms. They are putting people who were ripped off in touch with the AG investigator and trying to help people get the product they ordered.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Standard Wash
Standard Wash
Auto Detailing, Car Wash
3255 W Main
Saint Charles, IL 60175
1.0 star rating
3/11/2016

Just a regular self-service car wash. You vacuum, you wipe down your dash with a tiny "wet nap." Eh.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review

More reviews by Kerstin T.
About Kerstin T.
Rating Distribution
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
View more graphs
Review Votes

Useful 15
Funny 13
Cool 1

Stats

Review Updates 1
Firsts 1

Forsyth, IL
Yelping Since

December 2006

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Yep, I saw it. She is also a liar. She has spent $239 on 5 visits in 19 months.

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
My apologies wcb, I had been reading that as already being on yelp. But your post indicated she's posting a different value now. It will probably go up from here.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

I re read the first page and Jeff said she had sent the message to his store.She has now posted it on Yelp.She has 10 yelp reviews and 7 are 1 star two 2 star and one 5 star.

This woman has problems wherever she goes.

1.0 star rating
7/8/2018
Updated review

I ordered a loaded Q7 in late July and was told the car would be delivered in early November at the latest. It's after Thanksgiving, and The car is STILL not here. I was also told I would be updated every 2 weeks as to the progress/delivery date. NOT ONE CONTACT that I didn't initiate. I have homes in Illinois and North Carolina and the lack of communication on an $80,000 purchase is maddening. I am seriously considering ordering a car from a different Audi dealership. I can't imagine how bad this place must be when they have my money.

In DECEMBER, I called yet again and was informed that my sales person had been let go. I let the sales manager know how miffed I was at the dealership's lack of communication and that I was sorry I ever ordered a car from them. He said, "You can look on DealerRater.com, LADY, and you'll see over 400 five star reviews of our dealership." Lady! He belongs on a JD Byrider lot!!! Guess he hasn't seen Yelp. I then emailed The doctor who owns the business. NO REPLY WHATSOEVER. Finally, I cancelled the order. This experience has completely turned me off of Audi. I'm buying a Mercedes.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
1.0 star rating
11/28/2017 Previous review
I ordered a loaded Q7 in late July and was told the car would be delivered in early November at the… Read more
Ballard's in the Atrium
Ballard’s in the Atrium
$$ Bars, American (New)
8670 W State Rd 56
French Lick, IN 47432
2.0 star rating
5/3/2018

Fantastically expensive for what it is. My husband had one mid-level scotch and salmon with an extra side of asparagus, and I had the black and blue salad and water. $150! The flat iron steak on my salad was cooked to temp but quite tough, and the "blue" was absent. The dressing tasted like mayo with little to no blue cheese. My husband's salmon was over cooked and dry, but the asparagus was perfect. I would have given it one star, but our server was darling and so attentive.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Steak 'n Shake
Steak ‘n Shake
$ Burgers, Breakfast & Brunch, American (Traditional)
7606 Manchester Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63143
1.0 star rating
4/21/2018

We sat at the drive thru speaker forever, no one said anything, drove up to the drive thru window where two employees turned their backs on us. We honked. They ignored us. So we left. I called and the manager said the drive thru was closed. No one could tell us that when we sat at the window? So rude.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Heating & Air Conditioning/HVAC
402 E Shafer St
Forsyth, IL 62535
1.0 star rating
5/30/2017

First to Review

I called for a/c service, and they came the same day. That was good. Technician added $175 worth of freon for a total bill of $295. Three weeks later, our units aren't cooling again. I called two different HVAC cos and both asked if Matheny isolated the leak first to see if it could be repaired. They did not, and I've learned that this is called a "gas and dump (dash?) that some companies will do because freon is so expensive. Their almost $300 service was a total waste. I'm a Forsyth resident, and I wanted to give my business to a local company. I'm sorry I did.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Plumbing, Water Heater Installation/Repair, Pressure Washers
1733 Renoir Dr
O Fallon, MO 63368
1.0 star rating
10/19/2016

Also got this outfit through a home buyer warrantee for a condo for a hot water heater. My brother lives in the condo. Plumber came, told him the h/w heater had a slow leak and needed to be replaced. According to my brother, plumber was going to check with the home warrantee co about the coverage and call me. After a week with no call, I called twice and emailed before he finally called me back and said no leak. Now another company is going to check it. The very nice lady who called me said American Plumbing does this ALL the time. She said she thinks he makes his living on the $75 deductibles. Don't waste your time.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Hertz Rent A Car
Hertz Rent A Car
Car Rental
1050 Highway 105
Boone, NC 28607
2.0 star rating
8/15/2016

Reservation agents were very friendly and knowledgable, including one who seemed to be in training. The car (Kia Sole) was clean and only had a few cosmetic dings. Unlike other places where I have rented cars though, there was no diagram of the car that could be used to document these dings and scratches. The reservation agent wrote them on a piece of paper and signed it. Disconcerting if there was a problem on the return since the renter is responsible. The reason for 2 stars was the unavailability of a navigation device. It seems to me that GPS is as ubiquitous and expected as power steering these days.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Elk Meadow Properties
Elk Meadow Properties
Property Management, Real Estate Services, Homeowner Association
Evergreen, CO 80439
5.0 star rating
7/21/2016

Elk Meadows (Brian, Trinette and now Katy) has managed our Colorado home since we purchased it 10 years ago, and they do a WONDERFUL job. We live in Illinois - quite a distance - and we trust this honest, caring, competent trio with the care of one of our biggest assets. Brian lets us know immediately when anything in the home needs to be repaired or replaced - which is of course, our decision. When the exterior of our home had to be restained, they found someone to choose the colors (big departure from the original), and it was beautiful! In the 10 years we've owned it, I don't think our house has been empty for four months.

I'm shocked to read the previous tenant's poor review. Our tenants have all been extremely pleased with their service and responsiveness. One tenant who arrived exhausted from out of state before their belongings did told us that Brian and Trinette came over at night with pillows and bedding for them. Another tenant who lost his job told us the Lane family bought them groceries.

We would highly, highly recommend their services, and we've had a very long working relationship with them.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Alexander - King Farms
Alexander - King Farms - CLOSED
$$$$ Meat Shops
111 E Exchange St
Geneseo, IL 61254
1.0 star rating
5/31/2016

It really pains me to write a bad review about a family-owned farm. Most Illinois farmers are such hard-working, honest, salt-of-the-earth people! But I would avoid this one! I ordered half a Berkshire hog in August 2015, and from what I have read, count myself lucky to have received it in APRIL of 2016 - mostly THAWED. I notified AK farms we would be on vacation but it was sent anyway. They offered to replace what was thawed, but now they ignore my calls and emails. From what I have read: 1) Beth King is NOT a member of the American Berkshire Assn., 2) Many of their hogs were sick last year and died, 3)They have a slew of open complaints with the BBB and are not members, 4) They are being investigated by the Attorney General's office. This is what the BBB page says about them: "BBB has received a pattern of pending complaints. Consumers from Colorado, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Oklahoma, Iowa, Kentucky and Tennessee claim to have placed orders for beef or pork with Alexander King Farms in the summer and fall of 2015 and in some cases were told they could expect delivery of the products in January of 2016.
BBB began receiving complaints in October 2015. Complaints allege the products have not been received as of April 2016, no communication from the company and promises of refunds have not been delivered.

The company has recently responded to two complaints stating a refund will be sent on April 15, 2016. One complaint the company responded claiming a refund was sent in February 2016, however the consumer for that case states the refund was not received. Another case the company responded stating that 50% of the deposit is not refundable.
As of April 28, 2016, there are 15 complaints pending. The company has responded to complaints offering refunds in some cases and stating deposits are not refundable in other cases. Two consumers have confirmed receipt of a refund, while several others have stated they have not received a refund as of April 27, 2016.

On April 6, 2016 BBB sent a letter to Alexander King Farms requesting they respond to this pattern and address the underlying cause of these complaints. BBB did not receive a response to this request."

If you ordered from a "Local" swap/buy/sell Facebook page, please warn people with a post to that page. They continue to take orders and people's money. Here is another FB page you may be interested in: People Against Alexander King Farms. They are putting people who were ripped off in touch with the AG investigator and trying to help people get the product they ordered.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review
Standard Wash
Standard Wash
Auto Detailing, Car Wash
3255 W Main
Saint Charles, IL 60175
1.0 star rating
3/11/2016

Just a regular self-service car wash. You vacuum, you wipe down your dash with a tiny "wet nap." Eh.

Was this review …?

Share review
Compliment
Report review

More reviews by Kerstin T.
About Kerstin T.
Rating Distribution
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
View more graphs
Review Votes

Useful 15
Funny 13
Cool 1

Stats

Review Updates 1
Firsts 1

Forsyth, IL
Yelping Since

December 2006

Her one 5 star review is her neighborho association and she is the President.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Her one 5 star review is her neighborho association and she is the President.

A manipulative entitled princess.

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
The best trick in business is giving a bad customer to the competition.

Totally agree. I worked a couple of competitive deals where I recommended that the best thing we could do was to walk away and let the competition "win".

Posts: 6580 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I am sorry you had to deal with this. With all the good you do and the way you care for animals, you deserve better.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
She just sent us this note:

"...First let me say that had my dog peed on anything unpackaged or not in waterproof packaging that another animal would consume, I would pay for it with no complaint in a heartbeat - no matter what it cost. But these dried liver treats were in sealed, hard plastic containers - the kind that you have to break a piece off the rim to get open. They could EASILY AND THOROUGHLY be cleaned with diluted bleach or a chlorox wipe.

I know I'm an old fogey, but my first thought was: You're missing the point. It's not what your dog peed on, it's the fact that you seem to have no problem with your dog peeing in this establishment that is the issue. If it was an "accident", your offer to clean it up would be welcome. But the fact that you seem to think this is acceptable behavior is the real issue.

Posts: 6580 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
FYI - It's a Bernese (think Canton Bern, Switzerland) Mountain Dog

-Loungechair

Posts: 676 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
While I understand your frustration and dislike what she did...in today's digital age the business owner rarely benefits from digging in like this.

You'll be left poor reviews on all the review sites which costs more than the product would have.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
What is "banned"?

Pinky promise with store staff not to come back? Put on trespass notice by local LE?

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post