SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Witnessed Trump rage at the beach yesterday and I am now questioning whether to carry at the beach
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Witnessed Trump rage at the beach yesterday and I am now questioning whether to carry at the beach Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I've read my share of silly shit, but I think this thread takes the cake.

Do you carry a gun?

No, I don't own a vacuum sealer.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a moment I slipped into a Ron Popeil commmercial.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They make watertight camping bags or the voodoo tactical one looks similar. I have a yellow one from countycom, i believe. Wouldn't be out of place on the beach and you could say your keeping your phone and wallet with you so they don't get snatched. Won't be quick draw but it'll work. I always carry, everywhere unless I'm Oconus. Church, 2 year olds bday party, movies, airport outside of security etc.

It's also good to keep a low profile, I have no stickers or tac clothing, political hats shirts etc.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I've often carried on the beach (and in the water).

It just so happens that aLOKSAK makes bags for that purpose - no more complicated than a heavy duty ziplock seal and they work VERY well. Gotta tuck it in a fanny pack (I've never come up with a better idea for swimming), but that's a little easier to pull off on the beach or even moreso in the water.

I always carry a G26 that way, so in the event of failure, I can just field strip it when I get back to wherever and toss it in the toaster oven to dry off.

It's perfectly doable.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Wow. I'm 100% convinced that social media (including YouTube) has effectively brainwashed all who use it. We are so divided now. Not good at all. So sad.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Always prepared? Many years ago, when I was young and stupid, I abnormally slept with a S&W snubbie in my pocket. Luckily, Charles never paid me a visit. Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

he thought the bag was waterproof, I had to rebuild it for him maybe 15 yrs ago, (all the springs were toast, and some of the internals, but the barrel was fine...

Was it a salt water or chlorine pool? Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Ironically the closest I came to a home defense situation was someone trying my doorknob when I was taking a shower at 03:30.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the OP needs a SIG P226 NSW.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Sounds like the OP needs a SIG P226 NSW.

Maybe, since there is no way my P220's are getting near the beach.

I think what I will do is carry a M&P Full Size 9mm in a Magpul zip up bag to the beach. If the wife and I both go into the water at the same time I will walk it back to the truck and secure it there. Then get it out again when I am back in the chairs.

My carry on Sunday was a Kahr PM9 because I can carry it easily, even in swim trunks. Moving forward I will have a larger frame-more capacity pistol on me.

This event gave me a lot to think about and improve on.

Hindsight being 20/20 I could have had the boys lay the flags down and sit in front us. The miscreants may not have been able to see them then and any BS could have been avoided.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) My friend thought I was crazy for having a shower Glock, until his neighbor was hit by a home invasion crew. (They waited until the bathroom light came on, in the morning, intentionally to hit the house while he was in the shower.)

B) I'm going to play w. using some gel spun to make a thread to cut open a vacuum bag. Joining gel spun to anything is always an issue, but I might be able to get it to attach to a piece of para cord.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Could be it had nothing to do with flags or Trump himself. The people causing trouble just found it as a handy excuse to start harassing someone.

The government and the bureaucrats keep finding the wedges to divide us and the media legitimizes the harassment or violence of one group against the other. Whether it's Trump, masks, vaccinations, the environment, blacks, whites as long as everyone is at odds with everyone else that's the desired result and the means are of no matter.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hindsight being 20/20 I could have had the boys lay the flags down and sit in front us. The miscreants may not have been able to see them then and any BS could have been avoided.

Probably the best solution, if the boys would have cooperated...

Salt water and metal together isn't good combination, adding in sand, a good bag with it sealed inside a plastic sandwich bag, hidden in a beach bag under a towel might be your best bet.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I carry go every public place. Lord knows what will happen.
When ever i am with my family having a nice time i must have the means of protecting them if necessary.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post

The bare minimum.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post