SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Witnessed Trump rage at the beach yesterday and I am now questioning whether to carry at the beach
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Witnessed Trump rage at the beach yesterday and I am now questioning whether to carry at the beach Login/Join 
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Vacuum food processor. Small compressed water tight bag with all air removed that will not float up when you get in the water. Easy to get into. Tuck that into your bellyband.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Which vacuum bags are easy to open?

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I’d plan on replacing all springs every year to 6 months in a glock carried around salt

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Witnessed Trump rage at the beach yesterday...

Was he wearing a suit... or a swim suit?
Did he at least loosen his tie?
Razz

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

Well, y'see... You'd also need a pair of scissors holstered in your bellyband, so you can draw, cut open, and present the bagged pistol that's also in your belly band.

But I guess then you'd have to worry about the scissors rusting, so you'd better vacuum seal those too. (Which results in something kind of like buying a pair of scissors that comes packed in clamshell packaging that require a pair of scissors to get into. It's a Catch 22. Big Grin)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is a reusable bag that is vacuumed with an attachment. Opens like a ziplock.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Well, y'see... You'd also need a pair of scissors holstered in your bellyband

Nah, he needs a Spyderco Salt, totally.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Small compressed water tight bag with all air removed that will not float up when you get in the water. Tuck that into your bellyband.

I'd be interested to see how many folks actually do/would go swim around in the ocean on vacation with a vacuum sealed gun and assorted accessories strapped around themselves in a belly band.

I mean, it's one thing to present yourself as the "I'm always prepared!!" guy on an interweb forum, and another thing to actually go to those lengths in real life.

Everything in self defense is a compromise. You do what you reasonably can to be prepared, but you'll never be 100% prepared for 100% of things 100% of the time. So there's no reason to go too far overboard with preparations, to an unreasonable level.

This reminds me of the old meme from years back of the mall ninjas with vacuum-sealed guns hanging on plastic hangars in their showers, just in case Al Qaeda bum-rushes their bathroom while they're all soaped up inside. Big Grin

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Man what a let down. I was expecting to see or at least read an account of Trump going nuclear on someone while at the beach. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nylon shorts with pockets, and a P365 in a freezer bag.

The bag seals well enough to keep the water out but I can rip it open in a hurry if I need it.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A speargun would be nice.
The folks packed in the Yukon causing trouble whites?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
spent many days down at crescent and butler beaches down there, GREAT place and the SJSO deputies are good guys, I always carried a small fixed blade when swimming and even a good folder sometimes when i did not have my pistol, when i was armed with a weapon it was a pistol, in a ziplock in a fanny pack.

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I've read my share of silly shit, but I think this thread takes the cake.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
A speargun would be nice.
The folks packed in the Yukon causing trouble whites?

One white female in the Yukon group.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
It's sad that people feel justified in beating the shit out of some other citizen because of who he/she professed to vote for.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
It's sad that people feel justified in beating the shit out of some other citizen because of who he/she professed to vote for.

The news media, social media and some politicians have given people the license to do it.

No doubt if they had pulled off messing with the boys and posted pics online, they would be lauded as heroes.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually it’s whites telling other whites what blacks want. I was told blacks can’t be racists.
Thanks for the comeback.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I carry a small S&W J frame and a KaBar TDI knife at the beach. I have a small, black waterproof Fanny pack type bag that is slim enough to fit under my trunks. I wear one of those swim shirts that hangs long enough to cover it. I rarely get in the water but I’ve worn it there too and never had any water get in. Worst case water does get in, I’ll take it home and wash it in the sink then clean it real good.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I've read my share of silly shit, but I think this thread takes the cake.

Do you carry a gun?

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Small compressed water tight bag with all air removed that will not float up when you get in the water. Tuck that into your bellyband.

I'd be interested to see how many folks actually do/would go swim around in the ocean on vacation with a vacuum sealed gun and assorted accessories strapped around themselves in a belly band.

I mean, it's one thing to present yourself as the "I'm always prepared!!" guy on an interweb forum, and another thing to actually go to those lengths in real life.

Everything in self defense is a compromise. You do what you reasonably can to be prepared, but you'll never be 100% prepared for 100% of things 100% of the time. So there's no reason to go too far overboard with preparations, to an unreasonable level.

This reminds me of the old meme from years back of the mall ninjas with vacuum-sealed guns hanging on plastic hangars in their showers, just in case Al Qaeda bum-rushes their bathroom while they're all soaped up inside. Big Grin

knew a guy that kept a M16 in his pool,

greased up, in a waterproof bag, in the bottom under an intake or drain,

he thought the bag was waterproof, I had to rebuild it for him maybe 15 yrs ago, (all the springs were toast, and some of the internals, but the barrel was fine...

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post