SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gavin Newsom is Running for President
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gavin Newsom is Running for President Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Fox News ran a story this morning headlined, “Newsom vetoes bill that would require parents to affirm child's gender identity in custody battles.”

Late last night, completely bypassing the news cycle, California Governor Gavin Newsom vetoed the most awful bill to come down the California pike lately. If signed, the law would have required judges in child custody cases to give extra weight to parents who “affirmed” their child's mental illness, I mean “gender identity.”

If you needed any more evidence Newsom is running for president, this is it. But it’s evidence of even more good news. First, it shows that democrats know the wacky trans stuff is deeply unpopular with a lot of folks — otherwise Newsom would have happily signed the bill into law with great fanfare.

Instead he quietly killed it late on a Friday night.

Second, for similar reasons, the veto confirms what we all suspected: that people who support surgically deconstructing children aren’t nationally electable, not even if they’re democrats. (I have no doubt Newsom would turn on a dime once elected.)

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

The CA legislature can feasibly override his veto on AB 957, the Assembly passed the bill through the two houses by more than the 2/3s vote required for an override.

Newsom claims he vetoed the bill because he saw it as setting up a dangerous precedent for "other-minded" states, basically red states, to use the same strategy to single out one characteristic of a legal standard for the judicial branch to apply. IMO, he is not doing it to make himself appear more moderate, the guy has signed hundreds of bills in the last two years, many just as bad as AB 957. A year ago, he signed into law making CA a Sanctuary state for out of state transgender children in regards to surgery.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Just like DeSantis, he will torpedo his hopes for 2028.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Sean Hannity Will Host Debate Between Ron DeSantis and Gavin Newsom on November 30th in… Wait for It…. Georgia Roll Eyes

This is so transparently silly and yet simultaneously obvious in motive.

Both Gavin Newsom and Ron DeSantis are the approved corporate candidates for 2024. CTH pointed out this effort a year ago, and all of the datapoints since then have perfectly aligned to the simple truth of the thing. Either DeSantis or Newsom is acceptable to the Sea Island crew, and guess where the debate will take place. Yep, Georgia. lol

The intelligence glow-worm known as Sean Hannity, who will have to quickly learn the shut-up skills needed to be a debate moderator, is the chosen performance artist for the nonsense. Hannity will likely take the multinational duo on a tour through the questions of policy that he would provide as solutions, and then ask each participant to give their opinion of Hannity’s, “I used to be a dishwasher and I know things” proposals.

FOX News Channel’s Sean Hannity will moderate a red vs. blue state debate between Florida Gov. and Republican presidential candidate Ron DeSantis and Democrat California Gov. Gavin Newsom, FOX News Media announced Monday.

The 90-minute event will air at 9 p.m. ET on Nov. 30 in Georgia, marking the first time the two prominent governors will face off in a debate.

“I’m looking forward to providing viewers with an informative debate about the everyday issues and governing philosophies that impact the lives of every American,” Hannity said.

https://theconservativetreehou...gia-lol/#more-251215

Oh. Alrighty then. We’re just all going to pretend like it’s the first-ever non-campaigning gubernatorial debate. Okey dokey.

Back in August, the DeSantis campaign agreed to the idea of debating Newsom, who is not officially a presidential candidate, but nothing further was announced till this week.

In related news, the second Republican presidential debate is scheduled for tomorrow night starting at 9pm EST. You’ll be forgiven for not already having it in your calendar. But Governor Newsom had it in his calendar. Check out this little news nugget:

As far as I can tell, instead of the actual candidate — Biden — Governor Newsom will deliver the DNC’s response to the GOP debate. Onsite. Live.

The articles about busy-bee Newsom’s recent activity all say that Newsom has “sub-zero” interest in running for the democrat nomination. He’s sure spending a lot of time on presidential politicking though.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post