SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Offended Snowflakes This Week
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Offended Snowflakes This Week Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
This whole thread just pisses me off. The person who brought the complaint forward has to be one of the dumbest people on the planet. Stand your ground, make the school educate the moron or out them as a nazi sympathizer. We’re doomed when this generation comes to power.

Posts: 2967 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Kinda funny how "we" are never allowed to face our (snowflake) accuser. When you're dealing with pussies, though.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect replacement picture - i like the "FO" designator although I doubt any of the snowflakes will get it.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SparkyWho:
The irony of the situation is that I do have a relative who did fly B-17s (pilot) in the "Mighty Eighth," who did graduate from said university who was killed in action in July 1943 fighting off said Nazis.

I'd run with that and try to use it to shame and humiliate the university administration. It's an absolutely disgraceful situation.

Posts: 2490 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a lengthy letter drafted - but I apologize, in that I need to explain a few more things...

It's a public university, so I think First Amendment rights do apply, but the class is in partnership with a private company; so maybe not.

During the meeting I was not informed of a specific violation of either of the codes of conduct that apply to me, nor was I told the exact nature of the complaint, nor was I told anything about what my rights were or what they would do, etc.

I must be honest that and say that initially it didn't bother me. But after having a couple hours and days to think about it, it upsets me greatly -- especially having an 'A' in the class, and not having done anything inappropriate in class.

Essentially they told me that the desktop picture contained hateful symbols, and that they received a complaint and were in the process of investigating it. During the meeting, I showed them the image, explained the significance of it, explained nose-art (explaining that I felt the nose-art on this aircraft was more appropriate than the pin-ups on others), the significance of the bombs painted on the aircraft, and the significance of the swastikas on the airplane.

I think, like you all do, that context here is important. They expressed relief to me that I was not a Nazi, or pro-Nazi, but that too would obviously be protected by the 1st Amendment.

Since it's via Zoom, the offended person, like me is sitting in the comfort of their own home; so I'd like to think that they're already in their safe space.

Posts: 46 | Registered: May 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would think they would feel silly and agree that nothing needs to change once they know the plane is a Nazi killer.

perhaps they do know and that is their problem

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
During the meeting, I showed them the image, explained the significance of it, explained nose-art (explaining that I felt the nose-art on this aircraft was more appropriate than the pin-ups on others), the significance of the bombs painted on the aircraft, and the significance of the swastikas on the airplane.

Three indictments of America's "education" system in one go:

1. That somebody complained
  2. That the school's administration judged the complaint actionable
  3. That the whole thing wasn't dismissed, with apologies to you and a promise to educate the complainant, upon the above explanation

This is a sterling example of why kids today are stupid and ignorant.

I've told the story, here, before, so I'll make it short. I'm reminded of the time a couple young guys stopped by during election season, canvassing for a Democrat. Told them that, as a liberal, there was no way I'd ever vote for a Democrat candidate ever again. They wanted to know why. (I give them props for that.) In the process of explaining it, I mentioned a basic civics/civil rights issue. They appeared confused. This resulted in my asking them several "Did you know...?" civics, civil rights, Constitutional, and U.S. history questions.

They hadn't known a single one of the things I related to them.

Then I informed them everything upon which I'd just educated them I learned in high school, fifty years ago.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Edit the photo to replace the swastikas with snowflakes.

^ This.

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I won’t rant like I normally do relating to the impending death of our once greatest nation, but I just want to give encouragement to everyone fighting it…even on the smallest level.

It is so so very sad we’ve fallen into this state where feelings trump rights. We’ve gone from “I know my rights so don’t mess with me!” to “I know my feelings so don’t mess with me!” Sad that the rule of law has turned to the law of social justice and hurt feelings. Stand up and fight all of this at all levels!!!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1180 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a lengthy letter drafted

During the meeting I was not informed of a specific violation of either of the codes of conduct that apply to me, nor was I told the exact nature of the complaint, nor was I told anything about what my rights were or what they would do, etc.

I must be honest that and say that initially it didn't bother me.

Since it's via Zoom, the offended person, like me is sitting in the comfort of their own home; so I'd like to think that they're already in their safe space.

^^ snipped ^^

First, what are the possible consequences or sanctions that could bear?

Second, why defend something that needs no defense.

If there are no charges, no consequences the closest thing to ignoring it is what I'd do.
Who cares what a snowflake "feels"?
If it isn't a laptop picture it would be something else trivial.
That is how they operate.
To go into full defense mode is just giving them power.
Don't let it bother you ~ this is their norm as bizarre as it is to you and me.
Basically, you cannot let it get to you or to take it seriously.
IMO

Posts: 22933 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ignore it. Get your degree and leave. I would not argue with an idiot our an administration that backs him up. I do not see them reversing their position and there is no point in antagonizing them. I taught at the University level decades ago and find the politics abhorrent.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’m almost of the opinion that if you haven’t pissed of a snowflake or a Karen then you’re not trying hard enough

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post