SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Harvard President Claudine Gay Resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harvard President Claudine Gay Resigns Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Oh well, at least she’s no longer president of the University.

Posts: 13385 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
And of course Captain Kenya had his dirty fingerprints all over this Roll Eyes.

quote:
Former President Barack Obama has secretly lobbied Harvard University officials to stick by embattled President Claudine Gay as she faces pressure to resign for giving cover to antisemitism on campus and for committing plagiarism.

Obama, 62, a 1991 graduate of Harvard’s law school, privately urged the university to let Gay remain in office after she testified Dec. 5 before the House Education and Workforce Committee that calls for the genocide of Jews may be permissible under the school’s code of conduct, depending on “context,” according to a report out Friday...

...Gay’s fate also lies in the hands of former Obama commerce secretary, Penny Pritzker, who serves as senior fellow of the Harvard Corporation, the university’s highest governing body. The Harvard Gazette
On Wednesday, Harvard announced that “examples of duplicative language without appropriate attribution” were found in Gay’s 1997 doctoral dissertation following a review by a four-person Corporation subcommittee.

A separate review by a three-person independent panel also commissioned by the Harvard Corporation determined no other improper citations were discovered in “all of President Gay’s other published works.”

The same day, the House Education Committee sent a letter to Pritzker demanding the university hand over internal records about its handling of the scandal after having launched an earlier probe over antisemitism at Harvard.

This diversity hire at Harvard was essentially a carbon copy of Obama.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...s-report/ar-AA1lVfCW

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Vituperation? Man am I a dumb mo-fo.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So Claudine Gay is out because whitey was racist to her, NOT that she’s a serial plagiarizer and anti-Semite?

LMAO…OKAAAY Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Fucking clowns Roll Eyes

So…mostly peaceful plagiarism?

Posts: 34077 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/SteveGuest.../1742252559543193991

The comments are Pure Comedy Gold!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
quote:
Damin Toell - “copying other peoples writings without attribution” - if only we had a word for this"

The Dank Knight - “Change the definition of plagiarism with this one simple trick!”

Comments now w/ 'proper attribution'! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9066 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"We should note that Claudine Gay has not been accused of stealing anyone's ideas in any of her writings. She has been accused of sort of more like copying other peoples writings without attribution
^^^^^^^^^^^
Matt Egan's explanation. A third grade explanation on plagerism. CNN hires idiots. I wonder if he could explain stealing for us.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These people....twisting themselves into knots in an attempt to minimize and soft-pedal what's going on. Trying to come up with new definitions and using non-mainstream language Roll Eyes

Posts: 14795 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Did you notice the quick photo of President Trump that appeared in that clip? Some subliminal messaging for us idiots?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38857 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I noticed.
That's some first class horseshit right there.
God help us in 2024.

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1327 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The plot thickens...
quote:
Harvard appoints Alan Garber as new interim president after he was seen nodding in approval during Claudine Gay's anti-Semitism testimony that led to her ousting

By Noa Halff For Dailymail.Com

Published: 15:07 EST, 2 January 2024 | Updated: 16:38 EST, 2 January 2024

Harvard named Alan M. Garber as interim president after Claudine Gay announced her resignation following anti-Semitic remarks made during testimony and accusations of plagiarism.

Provost Garber, 68, Harvard's chief academic officer, will serve as interim president effective immediately, the university announced Tuesday.

Garber, who was born to a conservative Jewish family, was sitting behind Gay, nodding in approval, during her disastrous testimony that led to her ousting.

Garber, a physician and economist, was instrumental in helping guide the school through the COVID-19 pandemic, according to an announcement from the Harvard Corporation on Tuesday.

'We are also grateful to Alan M. Garber, Provost and Chief Academic Officer, who has served with distinction in that role for the past twelve years – and who has agreed to serve as Interim President until a new leader for Harvard is identified and takes office,' the statement said Tuesday.

'An economist and a physician, he is a distinguished and wide-ranging scholar with appointments at Harvard Medical School, Harvard's Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

'We are fortunate to have someone of Alan's broad and deep experience, incisive judgment, collaborative style, and extraordinary institutional knowledge to carry forward key priorities and to guide the university through this interim period.

Garber has served as Harvard's provost since 2011, after nearly twenty-five years on the faculty at Stanford University, where he taught medicine, health research and policy, and economics.

In November, Garber told the Harvard Crimson that he has regrets over the university's initial statement on the Hamas terrorist attack against Israel.

He said Harvard's response was responsible for the bitter divisions on campus - and the most serious crisis the school has faced over his 12-year tenure.

'I certainly have regrets about the first statement,' he said to the Crimson. 'Our goal is to ensure that our community is safe, secure, and feels well supported — and that first statement did not succeed in that regard.

'President Gay's follow-up statement was important in rectifying some of the misimpressions that we created with that first statement,' Garber said.

'I've been provost for over 12 years, and in that time, we've confronted many crises,' Garber added. 'But in my view, none has been as serious for the University as this one — and I'm even including Covid in that.'

'The community was immediately divided, and that is not true of every crisis that we face,' he said. 'It is a combustible situation, and one in which many people are grieving.'

Garber graduated from Harvard in 1976 with a bachelor’s degree in economics and then went on to earn a master’s and PhD in the field.

At the same time, Garber enrolled at Stanford University School of Medicine and graduated with an MD in 1983.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23422 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Gay will be replaced by Alan M. Garber, Provost and Chief Academic Officer, who sat behind her at the infamous December 5 hearing, nodding as she made her remarks. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/12919893

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9139 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
From linked article, (DailyMail.com):

Garber, who was born to a conservative Jewish family
That statement is somewhat ambiguous. The three major forms of Judaism in the U.S. are Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform.

The article does not make it clear whether "conservative" refers to the form of Judaism, or to Garber's political leanings. If the adjective is used in its religious sense, the statement really has nothing to do with Garber's appointment. Crappy writing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30922 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Garber looks like he has indigestion. Whether that's from Gay's testimony, or the fact that his published materials will now get the fine toothed comb treatment has not been established.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12821 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It’s frustrating and insulting to listen to her fellow Leftist rectums mitigate her plagiarism with the definition of it. She didn’t steal the candy bar, she just took it without paying for it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29787 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am skeptical of physicians who choose not to practice. Besides Garber, Fauci comes to mind.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Has the Biden administration hired her yet?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16127 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
She didn’t steal the candy bar, she just took it without paying for it.
No, no!

According to CNN:
She borrowed the candy bar, then ate the candy bar, and when she shits it out, you can have it back.

How is that stealing?

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2109 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Maybe I'm either stupid or ignorant, but I'm having trouble figuring out why he has leverage over the Corporation. Confused

I guess I just don't understand his [perceived] importance.

God bless America.

Posts: 13581 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Maybe I'm either stupid or ignorant, but I'm having trouble figuring out why he has leverage over the Corporation. Confused

Over half the members are either former cabinet members, appointees or, close friends/associates of BHO. The rest are career academic administrators that understand the path to building ones legacy is maintaining associations with wealth & influence.

Posts: 14795 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post