SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Harvard President Claudine Gay Resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harvard President Claudine Gay Resigns Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
Finally, Claudine Gay does the right thing.

Just resigned.

But she’ll still stay there to teach and continue to turn students’ minds into mush.

Posts: 4526 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Already a pages-long discussion in the Israel thread

Posts: 34091 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Harvard: Less Gay, Just as Anti-Semitic!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9078 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I’m glad the tsunami finally reached the hallowed halls of Harvard!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6383 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Already a pages-long discussion in the Israel thread

I was looking on the plagiarism thread.

Posts: 21184 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9078 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Finally, Claudine Gay does the right thing.

Just resigned.

But she’ll still stay there to teach and continue to turn students’ minds into mush.

She hasn't really resigned then, maybe stepped down but she'll still have the capability to have a negative impact on her students. Should have been fired

Posts: 1648 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
About time!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7104 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Time to look for a black lesbian trans "woman" as their next leader.

Q

Posts: 26806 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Half- half of Gay's published works contain plagiarism and this dimwit entitled bitch is claiming she was forced to resign because of racism.

In other words, she's a perfect example of a leftist; she's a guiltless victim.

Posts: 108138 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I wonder if she plagiarized her resignation letter?

Harvard's moral compass still hasn't been pointed back true north. It's good that she is no longer president of Harvard but how does somebody with extensive plagiarism (>50% of her published papers) remain as a professor?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23427 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Because leftist’s don’t ever admit wrongdoing.

Harvard’s moral compass is about as skewed as can be. Leftist’s are truly abhorrent people. There are probably better examples of human decency and personal accountability in State Prison.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happens when a student gets expelled for plagiarism. Does Harvard not open themselves up for legal action when they knowingly have plagiarists as teachers and allowed a president to stay ? They were not going to fire her, even after all the evidence came out of her academic misdeeds.

Posts: 4840 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tenure ?

Posts: 4120 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/02...t-resigns/index.html
quote:
“When my brief presidency is remembered, I hope it will be seen as a moment of reawakening to the importance of striving to find our common humanity — and of not allowing rancor and vituperation to undermine the vital process of education,” Gay said.

Zero guilt or comprehension of your failings. You failed to find your common humanity in front of the country when you attempted to 'contextualize' what bigotry is. And like a good modern Leftist that you are, you attempt to turn your failings, into a personal attack as a result of 'racial rancor' and spite.

Posts: 14804 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108138 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Resignation letter:

It is with a heavy heart but a deep love for Harvard that I write to share that I will be stepping down as president. This is not a decision I came to easily. Indeed, it has been difficult beyond words because I have looked forward to working with so many of you to advance the commitment to academic excellence that has propelled this great university across centuries. But, after consultation with members of the Corporation, it has become clear that it is in the best interests of Harvard for me to resign so that our community can navigate this moment of extraordinary challenge with a focus on the institution rather than any individual.

It is a singular honor to be a member of this university, which has been my home and my inspiration for most of my professional career. My deep sense of connection to Harvard and its people has made it all the more painful to witness the tensions and divisions that have riven our community in recent months, weakening the bonds of trust and reciprocity that should be our sources of strength and support in times of crisis. Amidst all of this, it has been distressing to have doubt cast on my commitments to confronting hate and to upholding scholarly rigor—two bedrock values that are fundamental to who I am—and frightening to be subjected to personal attacks and threats fueled by racial animus.

I believe in the people of Harvard because I see in you the possibility and the promise of a better future. These last weeks have helped make clear the work we need to do to build that future—to combat bias and hate in all its forms, to create a learning environment in which we respect each other’s dignity and treat one another with compassion, and to affirm our enduring commitment to open inquiry and free expression in the pursuit of truth. I believe we have within us all that we need to heal from this period of tension and division and to emerge stronger. I had hoped with all my heart to lead us on that journey, in partnership with all of you. As I now return to the faculty, and to the scholarship and teaching that are the lifeblood of what we do, I pledge to continue working alongside you to build the community we all deserve.

When I became president, I considered myself particularly blessed by the opportunity to serve people from around the world who saw in my presidency a vision of Harvard that affirmed their sense of belonging—their sense that Harvard welcomes people of talent and promise, from every background imaginable, to learn from and grow with one another. To all of you, please know that those doors remain open, and Harvard will be stronger and better because they do.

As we welcome a new year and a new semester, I hope we can all look forward to brighter days. Sad as I am to be sending this message, my hopes for Harvard remain undimmed. When my brief presidency is remembered, I hope it will be seen as a moment of reawakening to the importance of striving to find our common humanity—and of not allowing rancor and vituperation to undermine the vital process of education. I trust we will all find ways, in this time of intense challenge and controversy, to recommit ourselves to the excellence, the openness, and the independence that are crucial to what our university stands for—and to our capacity to serve the world.

Sincerely,

Claudine Gay

Roll Eyes

Studiously avoids the reasons.

Posts: 2968 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amidst all of this, it has been distressing to have doubt cast on my commitments to confronting hate and to upholding scholarly rigor—two bedrock values that are fundamental to who I am—and frightening to be subjected to personal attacks and threats fueled by racial animus.

Crock-of-Shit Right There...Oh wait, I forgot it's opposite world now! Roll Eyes

Live Free or Die!

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I wonder who wrote the resignation letter for her or did she find it on the internet? Big Grin

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1876 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
ChatGPT

Posts: 5788 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post