SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please)
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 58
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please) Login/Join 
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Tough one today. I was lucky to get it in 4. I will be amazed if anyone does better than that.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11088 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Got it in 3. Had three misplaced letters with my two starter words. The best I can explain without giving hints is I focused on the likely position of one of the letters I had, the other two fell into place, and the first word I could think of that fit, worked.

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Got it in 3.

it was a tough word, but I was lucky in that I had a couple of letters that really only worked one way. But, it took me a while to figure it out.

Posts: 6565 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
3 today as well.

Posts: 3025 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
4 today
Had the right letters in pos 2 & 3, only a few options for the first letter with what I had eliminated.

Sitting on a 98% win rate, 53 game streak out of 204 total played.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15970 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Well, this is an amazing group!

Obviously, a lot depends on your opening word(s).

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:

I too am sitting on a 98% win rate, with 294 games played and a 97 game streak. I vary my first two words trying to eliminate possible vowels.

Some of my favorites 1st words…

Audio
Bayou
Ratio
Irate
House

Second word varies by what the first word uncovers.

Posts: 3025 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
6 today and I feel lucky to have gotten it at all.

quote:

Audio
Bayou
Ratio
Irate
House

I have been using these every day...

UNION
TEARY

The day it was ONION, I obviously didn't use my second word and got it in 2 Smile The best I ever did.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11088 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
quote:

I too am sitting on a 98% win rate, with 294 games played and a 97 game streak. I vary my first two words trying to eliminate possible vowels.

Audio
Bayou
Ratio
Irate
House

Second word varies by what the first word uncovers.

RENTS & AUDIO are my 2 openers

Got today's in 4, with a lucky guess.

Posts: 15970 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Today was 3.

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
4 today.

Re stats: I have a 99% win rate with 419 games played. My current streak is 84 games.

Posts: 6565 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
6 today and I feel lucky to have gotten it at all.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Good morning. 4 today.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
3, had all 5 letters in 2 guesses, just had to unjumble.

Worldle in 1, for the 32nd time.

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
5 today, had the last four in place in the second guess.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
3 today. I'm getting better at this!!!

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Took 5 today and lucky to get it. Too many combinations for the letters I had in place.

My current streak hit 100 today.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
5 today
Always a bit disconcerting to only have 1 letter after 2 guesses.
No yellows though

Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
Took me 6, and only then with a lucky guess.

Posts: 545 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post