SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Unknown Secrets Of SIGforum
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Unknown Secrets Of SIGforum Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
I have many questions about SIGforum that have been piling up for the last two decades. The time has come for us to attempt to unmask the secrets of SIGforum. Admins/Mods, let us pull back the curtain, if you will. Anyone with any secret knowledge is welcome to offer their insights. Just what is the down-low on these topics? And what other SIGforum secrets make you ponder as well?

1) How long do you really get to modify or edit your post before that little tag shows up at the bottom of your post that says “This post has been edited by ‘x’”?

2) Why is your post count called “Karma Points” in your Karma section of your profile? Is it related to Karmas offered as gifts on the forum, simply your post count, or something else?

3) Why do Junior Members suddenly become Members after just 5 posts? Should it be longer? Or shorter? Why 5? Just askin’, yo’.

4) Just who are these mysterious people that run the board? Chris Orndorff, LDD, arcwelder, L-Beeg, we never get to learn anything about these guys. Do they really exist in this space-time? How come they don’t seem to post much? Are they simply shy? Have I simply not been paying attention?

We all know Para. Although we don’t make these things a matter of discussion on this board out of respect for his privacy, we know where he lives, his background, his hobbies, some of his guns, his likes and dislikes. But this is only because he has posted about himself for 20 years. Do these other guys really exist?

5) Is there some secret society that owns/runs SIGforum from behind the scenes? Is there a secret lair in the bottom of a volcano, a star chamber, a Cabal? Is it SPECTRE, the illuminati, the militant wing of the Girl Scouts, The Council of Dads, what?

6) How long does a post stay on the board before it is pruned? Is there any pruning going on at all? How can stupid people’s posts get pruned before they post?

7) What really goes on in the Forum Administrative Area? It’s the place you guys keep all the wild naked roman orgy pics, right?

Or is it the place where the plans to the Oscillation Overthruster, Warp Drive, the Death Star, and the Tardis are kept?

8) When someone gets banned, do they actually cease to exist in the real world? Is there life beyond/without SIGforum?

Is there a SIGforum hell where these miscreants are sent to live eternally in pain and suffering? Or is it simply bad enough to exist alienated from basking in the warmth that is SIGforum wisdom?

9) I’m not complaining. And really it has a calming effect. It’s actually quite attractive. The blue and white was good too. But by God, and “By Grabthar’s Hammer, by the Sons of Warvan,” why green?

10) How the heck does one actually successfully use the search feature? Big Grin Wink Razz

11) Just what is the 24 character password to the board, and what three keystrokes can nuke the place down to the studs.

Well forget that last one, some secrets should remain secrets, I guess.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
Love it!!!

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
12) When your unitard finally arrives, why is it always XXXL no matter what size you ordered?

13) Is it true that posting a picture of the ban hammer in the Gallery will get you "moderated status - 30 days"?

Posts: 6502 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
1- 60 minutes

2- This language is built into the software and predates the board practice of giving gifts, which we refer to as "Karma".

3- This is a default software setting which I have never seen any reason to change.

6- As of 2017, no content is pruned from the board, nor are threads locked after a period of inactivity (formerly 100 days)

9- Because it's a calming Earth tone, which is comfortable to view in both daylit and darkened environments. Take a look at some forums, with either stark white or deep black backgrounds. They are fatiguing to view for extended periods. "But, shouldn't a forum for SIG-Sauer be blue?" Gosh, how original.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I understand that the SigForum corporate office has direct access to a secret underground alien landing strip.

It’s true. I heard it on the ‘X’

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5761 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Isn't SF hell on an island populated by unwanted toys?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Isn't SF hell on an island populated by unwanted toys?

"The land of misfit toys," referred specifically to a group of miscreants that left the board for their own board. Largely, they are not discussed here anymore. And for good reason.

But I can't think of a better term for where they are now, as "SIGforum Hell".

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Dude. All of this is in the waiver. Sheesh!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
12 How do the House Icon and lightbulb thingys on threads work.

They appear to be symbols that indicate a forum/thread with unread messages but if you go into those forum/threads, and read them, many times the bulb/houses remain active, even when there's no new activity on that thread or in that forum.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, it's hinky....

Posts: 23532 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

5) Is there some secret society that owns/runs SIGforum from behind the scenes? Is there a secret lair in the bottom of a volcano, a star chamber, a Cabal? Is it SPECTRE, the illuminati, the militant wing of the Girl Scouts, The Council of Dads, what?

The secret password is: All your Sig are belong to us...

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5416 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
If you guys would pony up for the platinum membership you would have all the answers to these questions.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

H&K-Guy:
You've started some interesting and some funny threads. You are on a roll lately.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24160 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

H&K-Guy:
You've started some interesting and some funny threads. You are on a roll lately.

Yeah, I agree, I should hit the bottle more often! Big Grin

H&K-Guy

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should hit the bottle more often!

As should everyone.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The abbreviated answers are under the fake stone on your 1 year anniversary secret decoder ring.

Didn't you get yours?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I have blocked myself more times than I can count. I have wondered on many occasions if I have accidentally reported a post. Strange things like that are often on the iPad screen when it smacks me on the nose in bed.

Posts: 17901 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
As for numbers 4) and 5), are you thinking of the movie "Star Chamber" with Michael Douglas?
Cool Big Grin Cool Big Grin

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
As for numbers 4) and 5), are you thinking of the movie "Star Chamber" with Michael Douglas?
Cool Big Grin Cool Big Grin

I think you mean 5). But yeah, that's what I meant.

H&K-Guy

posted Hide Post
I am in favor of an apron. Like the Masons.
Or a cool hat.
That way we know each other when out in public.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
4) I've met and shot with lbj and arc. They do exist, and are both great guys.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16529 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post