SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Unknown Secrets Of SIGforum
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Unknown Secrets Of SIGforum Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Para,

I will echo what many have said. This is one of the few places on the internet I go. I spend most of my time in the lounge, but it is the one place I truly enjoy. I spend time in the Tacoma forum, but the fuckery is strong over there. Thank you so much for working so hard to give us a sane and rational oasis on the internet.

THANK YOU!!!

quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:Only 4GB? My desktop has twice that. I'd have expected it to be much, much, larger.
flashguy

It’s a lot if text. Since there aren’t photos hosted on the servers, there isn’t tat much data. If photos and videos were hosted, it would be exponentially larger.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Previously, I worked in IT. <snip>

Well there is a life-savings wager I would have lost, because for reasons I cannot explain, I have always believed you to be an attorney.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12343 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Jus another THANK YOU to Para, this is the best place to go, the only one I go to daily.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
I’m a little worried about Jim Shugart as well, I know he lost his dog, and she meant the world to him.
Jim logged into the forum today. He may not feel like posting right now, but he's OK.

Posts: 107684 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the most awesome forum on the web.

Just wondering what is in the new Archives?

Posts: 9165 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Top. Men.

Posts: 107684 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
In a fight between SIGforum and all other forums combined, SIGforum would win.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6977 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Most answers to these questions are easy.

You only have to read backwards the last post made every night. When the Dark City stops and resets.

I forget if it must be Eastern Time, Central Time, Western Time or GMT.

There you have it. Please don't tell anyone or I'll have your leotard shrunk two sizes come next reset.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12134 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Previously, I worked in IT. For the past few months, I have been unemployed. To give twenty years of your life to a company, and to plan to pension out with them as your last job, only to have them send your job out of the country, is a bitter pill to swallow.

Foolish of me, wasn't it, to think that an archaic concept such as loyalty would mean anything in corporate America?

I'm sorry.

Thank you.

I hope you're working on your creative writing.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para

Thanks for a place I can come in and relax. With all this craziness revolving around Law Enforcement
its hard for me to relax lately. Sig Forum is a place where I can do that and know y'all got my back. Thanks from a appreciative LEO.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
The only moderator I’ve ever met was Circlsq. I think that was his handle. He showed up at a couple of SigForum Shoots that were held in Smoketown PA many moons ago. He spent most of his time shooting clays at the end of the range and was truly a pleasant guy to meet.

Were you at that shoot? Or was there more than one held up there?

Circlesqr was a funny guy. I remember him being at the first ever Forum shoot and he was shooting clays with my 18" 870P and forgot to pump it because he was such an under/over pro. Good times.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite forum and I'm active on several. I like Para's style of management. You don't have to guess.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great forum full of great people, I have meet several members in person, heck I even bought a truck from a member in Florida.
Thank you!

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
OAT. I was at the first and second Smoketown shoots. It was risky as I had to drive through MA and about 30 miles of New York. I brought everything I had with me.

When they laid out all the guns on a tarp I think there must have been 200 rifles and pistols.

When we got tired of shooting the bowling pins that were hung on strings a few of the more adventurous started shooting the strings - I don’t think that won us many fans with the management.

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I don't frequent many forums anymore but I do visit Sig Forum EVERY day. It is an informative, friendly well run forum. If you need to find out something, this is the place where to come to ask.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list Para, I deeply appreciate all you do for us. If you look at how long I have been here and compare it to my number of posts, you can see I am a man of few words. But my words of thanks and prayers go out to you for your future and all you do here. Thanks.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gas226
posted Hide Post
Para.. a deep thanks for keeping this going.This is one of the best and friendliest forum for fans..

Posts: 432 | Location: Miami | Registered: August 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
My younger son is a software engineer, extremely bright but perhaps not as resilient as he needs to be. A prof at UC Davis named Normal Matloff has been writing for years about the dishonesty of tech companies claiming they can’t get American software engineers and they have to have H1B’s. Ironically it was Jeff Sessions who was the only one in Congress to make it a real issue. Most of the GOP critters continue to sell their souls to the tech companies and talk about greatly increasing H1B quotas.

So true! And it's not just the tech companies. The factories have gone overseas. The tech jobs are leaving. Many of the tech jobs that stay are being taken by H1B immigrants who work for less. Many of the call centers if you have a question about a product are overseas now. The middle class and is on life support and is dying. To me this is the number one issue, because with no middle class, society breaks down.

Sigforum is the best forum on the internet. Very grateful to be a member. Always informative and interesting. And often damn funny as well!

Posts: 1054 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Previously, I worked in IT. For the past few months, I have been unemployed. To give twenty years of your life to a company, and to plan to pension out with them as your last job, only to have them send your job out of the country, is a bitter pill to swallow.

Foolish of me, wasn't it, to think that an archaic concept such as loyalty would mean anything in corporate America?

Sorry to hear. I've had this happen too many times. Some of it was India or H1B Visas, others it was Ch.11 by the company I worked for. M&A's, lost my whole 30's to this garbage.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll let you in on a little secret- aside from SIGforum, I owned in the past several other forums. I have had ample opportunity to recruit moderators, and the fact of the matter is that I would never make a moderator out of anyone who volunteered for the job. Only a glutton for punishment volunteer to get kicked around for free. All moderators in this and all other forums I owned previously, were solicited by me, and I make sure that they know- before they accept- what they're getting themselves into.

So, no one should email me and volunteer for the job. That's not intended to offend anyone. It's simply a matter of fact that in this forum, all moderators are recruits and not volunteers.

I still remember when you owned Rugerforum a loooooong time ago.

Being a mod on a forum is definitely a service to the forum itself. Some know I moderate on the M14forum and this is my second go-around as a moderator on that forum. I took a 2 or 3 year involuntarily hiatus a few years ago.

The ugly part is when two members or businesses have a falling out and the forum gets split between two camps. One party sues another and posts get printed and quoted as legal discovery in lawsuits.

I once had a comment that I made here on SF used as discovery in a lawsuit between a business and an individual. The previous management of the M14 forum allowed one party to solicit legal funds for their lawsuit.

We had another instance a couple of years ago where it was two businesses back in court and we (the moderators) immediately passed new rules that prohibited discussions of ongoing legal cases between members and banned solicitation of legal funding.

Policing what people say on the forum can be a daunting task. I seem to remember Para saying that he'd been contacted by government agencies before regarding comments of past members posted on this forum.

Do Para a favor and use the "Report" button when you see things that are inappropriate. It's unrealistic to think that even a team of moderators can read every word posted on the forum on a daily basis.

Para,

I hoping and praying that you get some employment soon.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5415 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post