SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you Login/Join 
My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
With ya there boss. I have several Benchmade Knives and I'll never again buy another. Screw them.

The last knife I bought was a ZT and it's every bit as nice as my Benchmades.

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Yup. Not sorry. Never again and and to this is how we need to move forward. No false positives

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Emersons. And a few Spyderco's.

I had a mini AFCK, which was an outstanding pocket knife. It saved my life, once. It got damaged in a fall, and Benchmade took care of it at no charge. It's since disappeared.

I haven't bought Benchmade since, and won't. I wouldn't consider them. Especially in the public eye, it pays to know one's clientele, and to not endanger their faith in the company. Benchmade won't see redemption among the community for a very long time. Will it make a difference? I don't know, but they don't have my business any longer.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I have 2 benchmades, but swore off them after this. I am back to spyderco

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a bunch. I won’t buy another.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Flipped all but one eons ago. Kept a NSN-1095-01-446-4348 9050SBT auto for sentimental reasons.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Good then cuz I never had one.

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
I bought Gerber, never any Benchmades.

Certainly not now.

Les (Lester) De Asis passed way in Feb this year. His son Jon, took over in Nov 2018. Jon studied Political Science at Uni of Oregon, and at Nanking University. His FB page has an image of him seated at Jakes Grill.

Recipients of BM donations included Ron Wyden, Mark Udall and Jeff Merkley. All D-OR.
(source: gununiversity.com)

And right there, the Benchmade website, regarding charitable contributions, they state they are unable to support Political Campaigns for one.

Charities

So you did something, got unfavorable media and the public attention, and tried to weasel out.

Weak. As.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
every time I walk into a gun store and see a benchmade display case I tell the owner he should toss them out most of the time they just shrug their shoulders. I cant get over what they did.

Portland area company explains allot.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I don’t need Benchmade, ...........for anything............. hahaha

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgun45
posted Hide Post
I put them in the same category as: Cheaper Than Dirt, Dick's Sporting Goods, and Target. All made decisions I cannot condone. All will never see another dime from me.

Posts: 2049 | Registered: January 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Never had a Benchmade to throw away but those political donations are never to be forgotten. Mad

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5023 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder as I'm looking for a knife to replace one I lost. I knew benchmade was off the list, but I couldn't remember why.

Posts: 10803 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I had a few, gave a few away after their "incident", have one my wife gave me as a gift, and won't buy another. I typically buy and carry Spyderco now. Someday I hope to bring myself to part with Emerson money just to have one.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I have one I bought about 20 years ago, but haven't even carried in about 19 years. I don't even recall what model it is; it sits unused at the bottom of my knife drawer where it will remain. The last few knives I've bought have been Kershaw or CRKT.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I have a few I bought before this whole shit show happened. I won't be throwing them away, especially one of my automatics which has survived 2 deployments with me but I certainly won't be buying another.

Who makes a good folding knife that's made in the US?

Posts: 13041 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
still have a few, wont buy anymore. microtech for me has always had better quality and reliability. their cs is also great. out of my otf automatics, ill grab a utx any day of the week and twice on sunday. ive repaired an infidel or two on my own, no thanks. their cs was also surprisingly unhelpful at times.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
For quality knives I now buy Tops Knives. Very durable quality knives.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ZT for folders
Kershaw for push button autos
Guardian tactical for OTFs

All high quality, all good people all made in the USA.

I do find it hilarious that Benchmade is nor advertising and option for a morenacute edge on their knives. I'm glad they at least finally started sharpening them. They always had some of the dullest knives out of the box...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have only one knife from them. I know they have been talked up and down how great they are for many years. I can say I say I have never been over impressed with the knives they make. Kershaw is what I have and like.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post