SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Today Midway sent me this promo in an email:

https://www.midwayusa.com/prom...ampaign-knives-tools

I would have thought the Benchmade thing would mean something to them. Guess not.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clearly I'm late in learning about Benchmade's betrayal of the Second Amendment and the firearms community. I bought a bunch of their knives during the 10 years after 9/11 - but now will be putting them all on eBay. From now on, for EDC I will be relying on my Harley Elmore RAT, Bill Rapier Northman, and classic Emerson and Spyderco folders.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
I've got a good size collection of Benchmade that I really love but won't buy anything new. I really dislike (hate) anything with a framelock or linerlock. Unfortunately that limits what I'm willing to try out.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
BTT

Same as before

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was recently given a Benchmade as a "Thank You" gift.
It sits and will sit in it's box on a shelf.

PC

Posts: 1329 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A gift is no problem, nor purchasing a used Benchmade, because those lefties don't see any money from such transactions.

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
Was recently given a Benchmade as a "Thank You" gift.
It sits and will sit in it's box on a shelf.

PC

Seems like a waste of your space and a knife. Why not sell it or karma it off?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17242 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's hard to find a company that isn't guilty of something people would disagree with . I'll still carry my Mini Grip because I like it . That doesn't mean I agree with their politics .

Posts: 3967 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

It's not about agreeing with "their politics".

Benchmade made an effort to market themselves to gunowners and patriots in general, especially with their tactical lines. Then they show their ass by destroying firearms, and after the backlash, make lame attempts to rationalize their actions.

Got rid of my Benchmades years ago, and still have not gone back. Plus there are too many excellent knife companies out there to buy from anyways.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16606 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have several Benchmades but nothing since the debacle and not going to buy any more.
The knifes are good the politics are not so just going to keep what I have.

Posts: 22845 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^^^^^^

It's not about agreeing with "their politics".

Benchmade made an effort to market themselves to gunowners and patriots in general, especially with their tactical lines. Then they show their ass by destroying firearms, and after the backlash, make lame attempts to rationalize their actions.

Benchmade didn't just assist with destroying firearms. Their owners and mgmt team were big financial supporters of the Democratic Party, backing leftwing politicians who opposed the Second Amendment.

Fuck them and everything the company makes.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a Hogue Mini-RSK, designed by Doug Ritter of Knife Rights.
This is very similar to the Mini-Griptilian, and comes in different color scales.
It has the equivalent to the Axis lock (which is now off patent).
It's available from Knifeworks.com; I got a discount on mine (not sure why), it was $127 with free shipping.

At this point I think many knife makers would start adopting an equivalent to the Axis lock.

Hogue is a great company, sponsors the Hogue Range in San Luis Obispo, and has a member on SF.

Posts: 18010 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I got my two grandsons (15 & 10) into knives a few years ago, with parental approval. Between them they now have 7 of my Benchmades from the 80's and 90's.

Posts: 3992 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
To those who say they'll sell or not use their Benchmade knives they've already purchased, news flash. Benchmade couldn't give a shit less. They already made their money off the initial sale.

Posts: 27814 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All this hit the news as I started shopping for knives. And I would have bought some Benchmades.
I purchased Spyderco's instead. I am happy with them.

John!

Posts: 113 | Registered: April 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
To those who say they'll sell or not use their Benchmade knives they've already purchased, news flash. Benchmade couldn't give a shit less. They already made their money off the initial sale.

IMO, if the company has any pride in what they produced, they should care about initial sales. Nobody collects washing machines so as to be concerned about immediate future sales.
Watches, guns, knives, etc. where multiple products are collected, I think repeat customers are relied upon. When I think "customer base", I think frequent buyers.
And then those customers voice their disgust on our interwebs, it should be a big concern.

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up about the Hogue Mini-RSK. I'll keep that in mind for the NEXT time I lose my mini-griptillainFrown

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Honest question, does anyone make anything like the 391sbk?

https://www.scheels.com/p/benc...tical-knives#start=1

Longish, slender, slim, yet durable, partially serrated and fast deployment.

Long ago I authored a "screw Benchmade" thread because of their refusal to service autos for non LEOs.

I hate hate hate them, but I need a knife just like this. SOG made one called the slim jim, those are out of production.

Posts: 5096 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Honest question, does anyone make anything like the 391sbk?

https://www.scheels.com/p/benc...tical-knives#start=1

Longish, slender, slim, yet durable, partially serrated and fast deployment.

Long ago I authored a "screw Benchmade" thread because of their refusal to service autos for non LEOs.

I hate hate hate them, but I need a knife just like this. SOG made one called the slim jim, those are out of production.

Boker had a cheapie that was similar, a Boker plus it was but forgot the name. Think it may be discontinued as well.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I go to Blade Show Atlanta and Ft. Worth every year and Benchmade always have a huge display. So there is image is important to them. There are way to many really cool USA makers that make great knives to tolerate their leftist crap.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3569 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post