SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Some things, I can forgive. Some things, I can never forgive.

Mistakes- I can forgive most mistakes, though it may take quite a bit of time.

Betrayal- betrayal is a different story. An American manufacturer of knives, many of which are "tactical" blades (knives designed to draw human blood) and profiting very nicely off such products for years, who then engages in the destruction of firearms- this is a betrayal. Hypocrisy and betrayal.

It's been a year and a half since we first learned of Benchmade's shameful actions. If I were going to be able to let it go I would have done so by now, but every single time I see a Benchmade product, this incident comes to mind immediately.

It matters not in the least that these firearms would have been destroyed regardless of Benchmade's assistance. The fact that a company like Benchmade would participate in the destruction of even a single gun is unforgivable.

To make matters worse, once this incident came to light, people started looking at Benchmade's monetary contributions to political campaigns and parties. In 2012, they gave 500 bucks to some Republican. Since then, Benchmade has donated more than 30,000 dollars to Democrats.

So, the gun incident is not a fluke, and it served to reveal the true colors of Benchmade. Remember that the next time they try to sell you a "tactical" knife (you know- the kind of knives made for killing) or they wave the American flag to proclaim their patriotism. They're hypocrites and phonies.

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Amen. Was my favorite knife manufacturer. Now? SCREW EM!

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
As a Christmas present to myself last year, I purchased a (Ken Onion design) CRKT Panache. The next day I sent an email to info@benchmade.com with a picture of my new knife... relaying that they lost a customer for life due to their stupid actions and support of the Left.

Never did receive a reply, but most cretins tend to hide from others who won't put up with their B.S.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've since retired my Benchmade's, they sit in the bug-out bag as back-up, to the back-ups. Kershaw, and a few others now have taken Benchmade's place.

Posts: 14563 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Been almost 2 years. WTF have they done to support 2A? {crickets} Fuckers.
quote:
Benchmade is aware of the recent post from our local Oregon City Police Department.

We apologize for the confusion and concern that this post created. These were firearms that the Oregon City Police Department had to destroy in alignment with their policies. Oregon City Police requested the use of specialty equipment within the Benchmade facility to follow these requirements, and as a supporting partner of our local police force, we obliged the request.

Benchmade is a proud and unwavering supporter of both law enforcement and Second Amendment rights. These are commitments that we do not take lightly and will continue to support well into the future.

When asked for clarity from Oregon City Police Department, Chief Jim Band made the following statement: “When property is to be destroyed, it is the policy of the Oregon City Police Department to destroy property, including firearms, in accordance to our procedures and ORS. The Oregon City Police Department does not sell firearms."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Gave all my Benchmades away. Will never forgive them.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I have not gotten rid of those I own, but have no plans to ever buy another Benchmade product.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Benchmade- Not even off the secondary market.

They don't deal in firearms and don't have specialized equipment so there's no practical reason for them to have helped destroy the firearms. "Useful Idiot" hoping their friends won't ban knives.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
They like giving to the Dems... $15k in 2016 alone. When asked they said some BS about needing to give to dems to do business in Oregon. Um, no.

From https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/totals?id=D000047693

(Apologies for the rather large pic)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I only have two Benchmade knives, both automatics, both bought before the gun chopping. When they need service they will NOT be returned to them, they have seen the last of my money. Fuck them!!

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I was actually looking at trying out a Benchmade at the time. That made it easy. There's now always a Spyderco in my pocket.

One thing is for sure, with the increasing attack on our 2A liberties and the 'leave me alone' way of life in general, I've decided to pay a lot more attention to who I do business with. I don't want to inadvertently help financially the people who are trying to take from me and mine.

Posts: 17050 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Yep, I agree 100% Springfield and Rock River Arms are on the same list for me.

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
This garbage happened as I was shopping for a new knife. I was seriously considering investing in a Benchmade knife at the time because of their reputation. Had it happened a week later I might have a Benchmade knife.

I carry a Spyderco daily.

Posts: 3652 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Sold every Benchmade I owned.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I have bought around a dozen or more knives since then, not one Benchmade. I actually have an unused 940 sitting in a box, that was going to be my EDC knife. It just feels wrong.

Posts: 9943 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I've sold one of the few I own. I don't plan on buying any more of their products either. What they did was wrong. I won't support a company who doesn't support my values.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold my Benchmades, never again.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I always preferred SOG. Been using them for nearly 20 years. Until they pull some fuckery like this, I’ll continue to use them.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I had one Benchmade, I destroyed it and tossed the pieces in the garbage.

Luckily for me, there are "a few" other knife makers out there should I need to buy another knife at some future time in my life.

I really don't understand how a company like Benchmade, making what they make - for the clientele that they have; can spit in the face of their customers like they did. Seriously, you have to be f---ing stupid to do what they did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post