SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with Ka-Bar.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Nope, purchasing others when I do buy.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from KnivesShipFree.

Looks like the author has gotten himself a new P365.

I wrote them back, asking them to consider dropping benchmade and included the link to this thread.

Josh C. wrote me back saying he would pass it along and I wrote back saying that it is doubtful anything will come of it.

Gotta keep trying. This is my second volley of emails to the knife vendors who email me weekly if not daily...

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I’m solidly in the Spyderco fold.
Thanks to a member on here that gave me one in a Karma.
All but one was purchased after the Benchmade unmasking.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I posted this last year, and it's as true today as it was then. Not only can I not forgive them, I'll be bumping this thread annually for as long I draw breath.

To the people who run Benchmade, you be sure and open all those folders before you cram them up your leftist ass. Don't you dare wave the flag at us, you phonies.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I was just relaying this info to a co-worker last week. He had no idea until I gave him a link to the Benchmade shenanigans. There’s another sale their bullshit cost them.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Emerson and Winkler, never again will I find benchmade.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Spyderco annual seconds sale is fantastic. Bought multiple last time and very happy. Coming again soon?

I’m still using the benchmades I have but will buy no more.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am also solidly on the Spyderco camp. Blessing in disguise because I REALLY like their products.

I have Benchmade’s that I very much like a I certainly am not going to burn them in effigy or something but I haven’t spent a dime with them since.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I agree with para’s op.

Every time I see a Benchmade it irritates me.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Is there any update on what this piss poor decision has done to Benchmade's bottom line and if any exec heads have rolled because of it?

Posts: 3518 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spyderco and ZT knifes only no cheap ass Chinese knifes either.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
I’m solidly in the Spyderco fold.
Thanks to a member on here that gave me one in a Karma.
All but one was purchased after the Benchmade unmasking.

That’s one NICE collection!

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3625 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm entitled to this Title
posted Hide Post
I was unaware of this incident.. I will be sharing it with all of my 2A buds and knife junkies.

Posts: 13990 | Location: WV | Registered: October 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Had several and sold every last one.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will never see a dollar of my money. Amén para.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I was actually looking to buy one shortly before this happened. Didn’t happen.

I was telling a coworker about this incident last week. Big knife and gun fan and it was the first he’d heard of it. “They cut up guns? Fuck those guys.”

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have one, I’ll never own another. I never was a big fan anyway so it’s hardly a loss for me.

Frankly there are too many other options that are as high quality at a lower price point anyway. I only bought the one because it was something nobody else offered.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Hogue is my new alternative. I hear they like guns.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post