SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
MikeNH, you have missed the point entirely. Let the police fill a rocket with confiscated firearms and crash it into the Sun if they want. That is not the point. The point is an American manufacturer of "tactical" knives (you know- "deadly weapons"?) assisting in the destruction of firearms (you know- "deadly weapons"?), all the while profiting off of their own deadly weapons and telling us at intervals about how proud they are to be Americans. They're hypocrites and they're phonies.

And "outrage shopping"? Man, this happened a year and a half ago. Honestly, do you think I brought this up after so long so that I can take another bite out of what you apparently think is nothing?

Watch where you sling such accusations, because I started this thread, so you are most definitely accusing me of just looking for something to complain about. You are out of line, man.

You go ahead and think whatever you want but AFAIC every American gun owner who has ever done business with Benchmade has a right to be indignant about the hypocrisy of Benchmade.

The only reason we know about Benchmade's action is because of the Facebook post of some unthinking person at that PD. If word hadn't gotten out, Benchmade would still be assisting in the destruction of firearms. And, once again, the PD can handle those confiscated guns however they want. This is not about that.

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
My only Benchmade knife is one I won as a KARMA years ago...it’s been a great knife and special to me...but I will never buy one since their anti 2nd amendment stunt...Case is the only knife brand I’ve bought as of late Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. I needed it.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have about a dozen benchmade knives and I’ll never buy another one but I’ll use the ones I have. I can’t afford to give them away or toss them, it would be like cutting off my nose to spite my face. I paid for them years ago, benchmade already got their money. Since all of this I’ve bought a spiderco and I love it.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Screw Benchmade, Piranha auto (Idaho) is my daily carry.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

I get they wanted to help their local PD but its the blatant virtue signaling that i think did them in. If they did it quietly, no one would have known but they bragged about it all over social media and that got them in troubke.

They didn’t brag. The PD they did it for gave them a shoutout on their page and it went to hell from there.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
MikeNH, you have missed the point entirely. Let the police fill a rocket with confiscated firearms and crash it into the Sun if they want. That is not the point. The point is an American manufacturer of "tactical" knives (you know- "deadly weapons"?) assisting in the destruction of firearms (you know- "deadly weapons"?), all the while profiting off of their own deadly weapons and telling us at intervals about how proud they are to be Americans. They're hypocrites and they're phonies.

And "outrage shopping"? Man, this happened a year and a half ago. Honestly, do you think I brought this up after so long so that I can take another bite out of what you apparently think is nothing?

Watch where you sling such accusations, because I started this thread, so you are most definitely accusing me of just looking for something to complain about. You are out of line, man.

You go ahead and think whatever you want but AFAIC every American gun owner who has ever done business with Benchmade has a right to be indignant about the hypocrisy of Benchmade.

The only reason we know about Benchmade's action is because of the Facebook post of some unthinking person at that PD. If word hadn't gotten out, Benchmade would still be assisting in the destruction of firearms. And, once again, the PD can handle those confiscated guns however they want. This is not about that.

Given how people troll Benchmade’s Facebook with remarks about what they did, I do think *some* people are just looking for something to be angry about.

But you’re right, I do not understand why people are upset about them destroying guns used in crimes. I know nothing about Oregon law but given the state of the left coast, I am pretty confident that the guns cannot just be resold. They had the equipment to destroy the guns so they did just that. I don’t see hypocrisy there. As for their political donations, they claim it was in support of some politician who backed a trade school they recruit heavily from if memory serves. I don’t like the idea of giving the left a dime, but political donations exist at that level strictly to serve the donors interests, for better or worse.

I am sorry if you took my comment as an attack, that was not my intent. I just do not see the destroying crime guns=bad Americans here.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Benchmade's bottom line has suffered as a result of their actions? Has anyone in leadership changed course or lost their job? Seems to me bad decisions happen because so many people are immune from their consequences.

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did you read my post? Twice, I said the destruction of guns is not the reason I started this thread. I believe I was crystal clear about the issue I have with Benchmade's behavior. They sell deadly weapons and then turn around and pull shit like this. They're hypocrites. They're phonies. And they got caught.

I don't care about the actions of some police department or other.

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of folders, mostly from the Spyderco brand.

I did have one Benchmade and ended up giving it to a co-worker that was carrying a crap gas station no name knife.

Will not purchase anything else with the Benchmade brand. Mad

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benchmade <=> dead to me. Has been since that incredulous affair broke. Never forgive, never forget. But truth is that I had already given and sold off most of my BM folders even before the story hit the fan. I've not been a fan of their pocket knives; they too seldom seem particularly robust in their design. Instead I strongly preferred ZT (and still do to this day), and go Kershaw when on a budget. All that's left from BM is a pre-production behemoth that they made as a dealer sample for HK's knife lineup several years ago. What can I say? I'm so much a sucker for that red HK logo...

But I also confess that I do like many of their fixed blade knives. One remains a constant companion when I'm in the back country. At one time not all that long ago I had wanted a second one, but then BM went and did stupid and that desire abruptly ended.

-MG

Posts: 1927 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I love my mini grip but haven't bought a Benchmade knife since after that incident. I am still buying Spyderco and Kershaw.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/category/usa-made

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7054 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assisting the cops I could forgive, the police asked for the help. But actually funding multiple Anti-Gun politicians I find UNFORGIVABLE.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....nd-amendment-rights/

I have a few Benchmades still in my knife drawer which I will sell at some point, but Benchmade will not receive a nickle from me until they 1st) Apologize, and 2nd) stop with sending money to Anti-gun politicians.

Posts: 1916 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Benchmade? Screw 'em - Ken@Hogue is a member here and actually responds. Besides, the EX-F02 is a neat little bugger.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Anyone who knows me knows that I have a terrible knife addiction. A lot of my collection is Benchmade.

But like the majority here, I made a vow a year and a half ago to no longer give my money for Benchmade's products. The last knives I bought from BKC were the Super Freek. Since then, nothing. However I've poured thousands of dollars into companies like Hogue, Spyderco, MT, and several others.

If anyone out there is itchin' for an AXIS lock or a Griptilian folder, go straight to Hogue and check out the Ritters. Absolutely great knives for cheaper than what BKC offers and built better too. I have six of them now in all the different sizes and flavors available and couldn't be happier.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
I'm pretty sure years ago I read on here that Ford destroys guns seized by the Dearborn PD. Better stop buying Fords too I guess.

Ford doesnt market themselves to gun owners, dont purport to be supporters of the second amendment and arent involved in the production of 'arms'. Its also some you may have read on here. Ford isn't plastering social media trying to virtual signal about how much they love cops and helping them destroy guns.

The problem isn't the fact that guns got destroyed, its about the hypocrisy and the plastering on social media like they did a good thing.

What exactly do you want to happen to seized firearms? The department certainly cannot sell them without becoming a dealer, nevermind the optics of the police selling guns. I'm not particularly loyal to Benchmade or anyone else but the fact they helped the local PD with this is not something I'm gonna whine about. It needed to be done. This reeks out outrage shopping. That's for liberals, not adults.

Well, here in Idaho the police use local gun dealers to auction off said crime guns
And then pd takes that money to buy more crime fighting shit to fuck up people who break the law
Works for me

But Benchmade is nothing but whores, thru and true.
The Greek work for hypocrite is "actor", you getting it now?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another former Benchmade customer here. Never again! Spyderco gets my money now.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Emerson knives gets my business, along with Winkler. Benchmade maybe should open up shop in Venezuela.

Posts: 2762 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigbuck5:
Yep, I agree 100% Springfield and Rock River Arms are on the same list for me.

Yes, yes and yes.

As far as benchmades go, I still have a few sitting in my safe, jeep & tool box. I have a nice one that I want to sell at some point.

How I feel about throwing them away, breaking them on purpose, tossing them in the lake.... I can't do that. Yeah, Benchmade fucked themselves in a big way, as well as Rock River & Springfield. I'll never purchase a fuckin thing from any of these companies, they won't get one more penny from me, and I'll dissuade my friends from their products. But they already got their money from that specific purchase. So it hurts them NONE if you decide to chuck that griptillian in the trash.

Anyone that wants to toss them in the trash,(including a RR OR Springfield Wink ) my email is in the profile, I'll take it. It's a tool that I'll gladly abuse till it can go noo more!

I'll gladly give my money to Emmerson, Spiderco, CRKT, Buck, Microtech, Chris Reeve... Hell, there's these two guys, "Sybo" and "Dozer" that seem to make some pretty good stuff, I may have to give them a try soon.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8315 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me they've always been mostly overpriced status symbols. I sure wouldn't buy one now.

Posts: 932 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post