SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Honest question, does anyone make anything like the 391sbk?

https://www.scheels.com/p/benc...tical-knives#start=1

Doc,
I have met the owner (and his family) of Protech. These guys are great and are true enthusiast. I carry the Godfather, and Auto bought for my birthday by my wife, and worn on the first day it was allowed here in Virginia Smile

They do have an assisted mechanical with a serration, but I do not know if it is as long as the one you referenced.

TR-5 yeah, now that I compare them the Benchmade blade is 4.47in. and the protech is 4

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Honest question, does anyone make anything like the 391sbk?

https://www.scheels.com/p/benc...tical-knives#start=1

Longish, slender, slim, yet durable, partially serrated and fast deployment.

Boker had a cheapie that was similar, a Boker plus it was but forgot the name. Think it may be discontinued as well.

I have a Boker Magnum Urban Tank that resembles that description. It is plain edge vs partially serrated though. It's probably the biggest folding knife I own.

Boker Magnum Urban Tank, 440 Stainless, G-10 Handle

CRKT Otanashi Noh Ken is another knife that has most of the characteristics DocSolo listed. It's discontinued, but you can find them on ebay.

Columbia River 2916 Otanashi noh Ken Folding Knife 4.52" Combo Blade, G10 Handles

On both models, the blade is heavy enough and pivot smooth enough that you can flick them open using a J-hook type wrist motion w/o needing to contact the thumb stud at all.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post