SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’ve sold off some of my Benchmade knives, still have 3-4 and only one that I still carry. I’ll never buy another. My current rotation is really down to 3, a Valloton Spyderco, a Microtech Combat Troodon, and a Bitchmade large G10 Griptillian. The griptillian is a very comfortable and utilitarian knife that I liked very much. I am hoping to replace that knife with a Rick Hinderer and never look back, but too many other things Keep getting in the way.

I too will never forgive Benchmade.

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
I have not gotten rid of those I own, but have no plans to ever buy another Benchmade product.

I have one Benchmade. It was a gift. I will never buy one, especially after what they have pulled!

I almost never leave the house without a pocket knife, but that Benchmade stays in its box somewhere in my desk.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:Portland area company explains allot.

Oregon, principally around the Portland-area is the knife making capitol of the US. Big commercial brands like Gerber, Leatherman, CRKT, Coast, Kershaw, Zero Tolerance Knives along with more premium smiths such as Bill Harsey, the late Al Mar, and many others are all located there. Drive east on I-84 to Boise and there's Buck Knives and Chris Reeve and a growing group there as well.

Posts: 14552 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure years ago I read on here that Ford destroys guns seized by the Dearborn PD. Better stop buying Fords too I guess.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Oregon, principally around the Portland-area is the knife making capitol of the US. Big commercial brands like Gerber, Leatherman, CRKT, Coast, Kershaw, Zero Tolerance Knives along with more premium smiths such as Bill Harsey, the late Al Mar, and many others are all located there.

They're welcome to pull up roots and come on down to Arkansas, to join AG Russell, Bob Dozier, Jimmy Lile, and a slew of smaller makers. 12% of the less than 200 "master bladesmiths" for the American Bladesmith Society reside in Arkansas currently. (And Arkansas is where the Bowie knife originated back in the 1820s, so its knifemaking pedigree runs deep.)

Arkansas is rapidly becoming a major gathering spot for gun and ammo companies, so the knife makers fleeing leftist areas should come too. Big Grin

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
My new HK Edition folder by Hogue is awesome, and every bit the knife that benchmade is.

Now I just need Hogue to make an automatic for us here in Texas.

ETA - Thank you Scurvy, you are correct, I picked up my HK model from the HK site. Looking at Hogue site lists 4 pages of autos, nice!! And many are SIG branded I see.

HK Ag

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HK Ag,

Posts: 3491 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
agree wholeheartedly

no excuse for their behavior

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Please tell me my beloved Buck knife company aren't a bunch of commies.

Still solid, red blooded Americans.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1054 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
My new HK Edition folder by Hogue is awesome, and every bit the knife that benchmade is.

Now I just need Hogue to make an automatic for us here in Texas.

HK Ag

Hogue makes a full line of automatic knives.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
I'm pretty sure years ago I read on here that Ford destroys guns seized by the Dearborn PD. Better stop buying Fords too I guess.

Ford doesnt market themselves to gun owners, dont purport to be supporters of the second amendment and arent involved in the production of 'arms'. Its also some you may have read on here. Ford isn't plastering social media trying to virtual signal about how much they love cops and helping them destroy guns.

The problem isn't the fact that guns got destroyed, its about the hypocrisy and the plastering on social media like they did a good thing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
They're welcome to pull up roots and come on down to Arkansas, to join AG Russell, Bob Dozier, Jimmy Lile, and a slew of smaller makers.

Good reminder, AR is another hot spot in this country for knife making. They may not have the big commercial brands but, still a long-time, tight collection of known smiths. I have a couple of sharpening stones that are from AR

Posts: 14552 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:

Ford doesnt market themselves to gun owners, dont purport to be supporters of the second amendment and arent involved in the production of 'arms'. Its also some you may have read on here. Ford isn't plastering social media trying to virtual signal about how much they love cops and helping them destroy guns.

The problem isn't the fact that guns got destroyed, its about the hypocrisy and the plastering on social media like they did a good thing.

What exactly do you want to happen to seized firearms? The department certainly cannot sell them without becoming a dealer, nevermind the optics of the police selling guns. I'm not particularly loyal to Benchmade or anyone else but the fact they helped the local PD with this is not something I'm gonna whine about. It needed to be done. This reeks out outrage shopping. That's for liberals, not adults.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Every time I’m involved in a conversation about knives I make sure people know about Benchmade. Mad

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In some states ( my current home in AZ is an example) law enforcement is not allowed to destroy guns. If unable to locate a rightful owner, they release them to an auction for resale.
In my former residence in as another poster puts it “god awful New York” they are required to destroy them. They won’t even allow retiring law enforcement officers to buy a duty gun!I was rather surprised when the surplus N.Y. corrections model 10’s came up for sale a few years back. Apparently corrections differs from the wording in the law?
I know a number of N.Y. state police officers that had inquired about purchasing duty guns upon retirement ( which they used to do) and were told they could only be released to another agency or destroyed. Corrections got the older state police glocks when the troopers got new glocks, hence the model 10 release

Posts: 3266 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
I've always thought their products were overpriced anyway! My Kershaw has a better fit and finish at about a third of the cost. I was done with Benchmade years ago.

Posts: 1955 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I've always been a Kershaw guy, so this doesn't change things for me, however I do have the same opinion of other companies that have wavered in their support for 2A in recent years.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Carried a Griptilian for years. Last Christmas, bought myself a Spyderco Para 3, heard a lot of good things about it, and I actually like it better for EDC, great knife. My Benchmade is in my tool cabinet, along with a yellow box cutter to cut rope, cardboard, etc. I will not buy another Benchmade.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16606 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:

What exactly do you want to happen to seized firearms? The department certainly cannot sell them without becoming a dealer, nevermind the optics of the police selling guns. I'm not particularly loyal to Benchmade or anyone else but the fact they helped the local PD with this is not something I'm gonna whine about. It needed to be done. This reeks out outrage shopping. That's for liberals, not adults.

I'm not gonna speak for others and I was never a huge benchmade fan to begin with. I only owned 4 or 5.

I get they wanted to help their local PD but its the blatant virtue signaling that i think did them in. If they did it quietly, no one would have known but they bragged about it all over social media and that got them in troubke.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I have dozens of knives. Folders and fixed. Can't seem to find a single benchmade among them. Never have.
Back when I was looking for a left-handed auto, I looked at benchmade. They were one of the few who make an auto for lefties. Didn't get one and glad I didn't. Now I find they destroy firearms for "lefties". Not buying into that either.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post