SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a true MINIMAList wallet
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a true MINIMAList wallet Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
I’ve used this wallet for a couple years now and really like it. Searched for about a week and settled on this one. Well I mine is Napa Walli brand and I purchased it from Amazon. Now when I search it came up with this:

https://www.amazon.com/Tougher...dExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Wallet looks exactly the same.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I backed this on Kickstarter and love it. Carries 6 cards in the actual trigger mechanism and another 2 or 1 plus some cash in the outside. A true minimalist design. On sale now for up to 50% off and free overnight shipping. I just bought a second one.

https://skyborne.co/products/trigger

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
While not nearly as streamlined as a rubber band on a few cards, I have been using a vaultskin RFID front pocket wallet for several years now, I'm happy with it:
https://vaultskin.com/collecti...cts/manhattan-wallet

Posts: 4022 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Revolution37:
I backed this on Kickstarter and love it. Carries 6 cards in the actual trigger mechanism and another 2 or 1 plus some cash in the outside. A true minimalist design. On sale now for up to 50% off and free overnight shipping. I just bought a second one.

Do the cards inside the trigger part have to be hard plastic cards? I have a few cards that are paper, would those get stuck inside?

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I've been using a SlimClip in the front pocket for probably 15 years now.
https://www.amazon.com/Ontel-S...Money/dp/B01IC0XJ48/

Posts: 45383 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
There's some pretty minimalist stuff in this list, and they all block RFID chips.

Do they? I looked at a few links and saw no mention of RIFD blocking.

I just picked up a YouTube channel called walletopia. They guy makes an interesting argument that RFID protection is now just a marketing gimmick because less than 1% of cards use the vulnerable technology. That coupled with the cost of the equipment to sniff out the cards makes it unlikely that a sophisticated thief will spend time being in one location to get a 1% hit. The guy said cards have moved on to more secure contactless technology.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19691 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Sounds like you're looking for a Hick's Original®
Is that from SF's own sureshot45?
If so, I'll agree wholeheartedly.
Yes, I have a few more but planned on gifting them to nephews over the next 10-20 years.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Sounds like you're looking for a Hick's Original®
Is that from SF's own sureshot45?
If so, I'll agree wholeheartedly.
Yes, I have a few more but planned on gifting them to nephews over the next 10-20 years.

This is definitely the best looking of the leather options.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a ridge wallet for years now - you can have one with both the elastic and the clip both - I just ordered the clip separate and added to the one with the strap - its done great holding a bit of just in case cash in the clip and I use the strap to hold folded receipts (except CVS... ) till I get home

Got one for my wife last year as well and she loves hers

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
I have been using a wobo wallet for over a year now. I have given a couple as gifts and my friends really liked them too.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of the Big skinny card holder.
https://www.bigskinny.net/wallet-card-cases.html

Thin leather case, doesn't fold, holding up strong after 3+ Yrs.
https://www.bigskinny.net/open...ed-mini-leather.html

Very happy with it!

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Flowfold. Made of carbon-fiber sailboat sail material. Very tough and very thin.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I bought the Ekster wallet over christmas but, as I said before, I came across Walletopia on YouTube and have been watching his videos.

I decided I'm going to get this wallet come January. It's handmade and owned by an active duty sailor. He has other models but this one fits the bill for me.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19691 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't deserve
this CUT
posted Hide Post
I've been using a Magpul DAKA Essential since 2012 or thereabouts, when it finally started to fray I bit the bullet, spent another $20 and bought another one. I can hold 6 cards and 1-2 folded bills. Anything more and you are going to stretch it.

"If somebody says there ought to be a law there probably ought not." - Penn Jillette

Posts: 5246 | Location: Clearwater, FL | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Been carrying a Tumi nylon and leather one for about 3 years and while it's still serviceable the leather around the clip worn through a year ago.

The Mrs. got me a Kings Loot one for Christmas, it is a little bigger since it is a bi-fold design but still fits in my jeans front pocket.

Supposedly RFID resistant and carries a lifetime warranty.

A bit too complicated compared to my Tumi but the leather is nice...if a bit thin.

https://m.facebook.com/kingslootwear/

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

Do the cards inside the trigger part have to be hard plastic cards? I have a few cards that are paper, would those get stuck inside?

Mine just came in and yes it does work with paper cards if they are sandwiched in between hard plastic cards.

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post