SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a true MINIMAList wallet
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a true MINIMAList wallet Login/Join 
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted
My current wallet consists of a rubber band around seven cards. If I need to carry cash, it goes under the band. My wife keeps trying to buy me a "minimalist" wallet, but they all add too much bulk. I don't care about tactical or rfid. I just want the minimum that will look better than a rubber band.

I'm thinking all I need is two pieces of steel/aluminum/whatever, just barely bigger than the size of a credit card and the same thickness. An elastic strap that encircles the whole thing lengthwise, and a thinner strap across the back. Nothing else. Maybe radius one of the front corners for fanning the cards out.

The closest I've found is the Ridge Wallet, but it's unnecessarily thick. Anyone seen better?

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are about the thinnest I have seen. I have one but it has not made it into the rotation yet. I still am using my 10 year old stingray version of this one.

Maxpedition Wallet

Posts: 826 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dango.
Purchased mine months ago and it's the best thing I've done.
I have the R spec model.

https://www.dangoproducts.com/

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Checkout Magpul DAKA wallet series..

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you're looking for a Hick's Original®

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Due to back pain caused by a fat wallet years ago, I went simple. I carry a simple leather wallet that holds credit card, insurance card, driver's license and CC permit. Cash gets folded and goes into a front pocket. No pictures or membership cards.

https://www.amazon.com/Timberl...%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-16

Posts: 5680 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
https://www.all-ett.com/

This is with eight cards and mini pen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tigereye313,

Posts: 11416 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I just moved my stuff into the Ridge wallet last night. I got the strap version without a money clip. The money goes under the strap. This is basically exactly what you describe in your op.

https://www.ridgewallet.com/co...ts/aluminum-gunmetal

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a leather one from Holtz leather. I love it!

NRA Life Member

Posts: 814 | Location: Tuscaloosa, AL | Registered: May 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
This is what I use: Viosi Magnetic Money Clip
I carry 4 credit cards, drivers license and my insurance card, plus whatever cash I might have.

JP

Posts: 2075 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I don't think that you can find anything thinner than this recycled sailcloth from FlowFold.

Tough, too. I have been carrying my medical ID stuff -- insurance cards and photo ID -- in one of these for about five years. It still looks new, like the day I bought it. No signs of wear.

It would not take up any more room in your pocket than just the "naked" cards that you are now carrying.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying the Saddleback for about 10 years. No rubber band, but cards and such are very secure. There's a place for a bit of paper money, and the newer version splits open in this money slot... my older version has no split. I have 4 cards as well as DL and LTC card and usually a $20 bill. It's so small and light I forget it's in my front pocket.

Wallet

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the larger FlowFold. They are incredibly light, durable and water resistant.

Posts: 698 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
All good suggestions. The issue I've had with anything leather or fabric is that they want to put a piece of leather in each slot, which adds bulk. I did have one that was just a single pouch, but it was always either too loose or too tight.

quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I just moved my stuff into the Ridge wallet last night. I got the strap version without a money clip. The money goes under the strap. This is basically exactly what you describe in your op.

https://www.ridgewallet.com/co...ts/aluminum-gunmetal

I like this design, but the side "scales" seem unnecessarily thick. I'd really like them to be no thicker than a credit card.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum

posted Hide Post
www.allett.com is what I recommend and use. USA made too.

Posts: 456 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a thin leather business card holder. Then, I actually slip it in my pocket in the unfolded/open position. Usually in my front pocket. Doesn't get much thinner than that!

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I don't think that you can find anything thinner than this recycled sailcloth from FlowFold.

Tough, too. I have been carrying my medical ID stuff -- insurance cards and photo ID -- in one of these for about five years. It still looks new, like the day I bought it. No signs of wear.

It would not take up any more room in your pocket than just the "naked" cards that you are now carrying.

I like how minimal this is, but since sailcloth doesn't stretch, I'm worried this would work only with the right number of cards. Do you have any problem with it being too tight or loose?

Si vis pacem para bellum

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
My fiance got me a FlowFold for Christmas. It is stupid light. Haven't loaded it up yet.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16232 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Niteize has one that meets your requirements.

https://www.niteize.com/search...lets&search_tip_url=

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 743 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.curatedbasics.com/...et-money-clip-wallet

I've been running this since 2017 and been very impressed not a single stitch has broke down. And it gets abused by sweat when I am at work, always forget to stow in the truck. Catched onto the company while visiting a friend in New York.

Posts: 548 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post