SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a true MINIMAList wallet
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a true MINIMAList wallet Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
There's some pretty minimalist stuff in this list, and they all block RFID chips.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Very happy with my Bull Sheath wallet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I just moved my stuff into the Ridge wallet last night. I got the strap version without a money clip. The money goes under the strap. This is basically exactly what you describe in your op.

https://www.ridgewallet.com/co...ts/aluminum-gunmetal

I like this design, but the side "scales" seem unnecessarily thick. I'd really like them to be no thicker than a credit card.

I also have the Ridge wallet with the elastic strap, not the money clip. Each side panel is thicker than one credit card but not by much. Maybe two? Not sure you are going to find anything that better meets the criteria in your original post. My only two negative comments are that it take a bit of practice and more effort to withdraw cards or cash than a traditional wallet but its very workable. The other is that I keep mine in my back right pocket and because it does not bend like a leather wallet when seated it can be a little uncomfortable. But that's pretty minor also. Overall I like it, its not perfect but the trade off for much less bulk is worth it.

Posts: 577 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
My current wallet consists of a rubber band around seven cards... Anyone seen better?

You sir have started at the pinnacle of minimalist wallets. Your search for better will be long and ultimately disappointing. The large guage rubber band has been my wallet of choice for a couple of decades now. Honestly this has been the most effective of ways to handle my cards and cash that I have found.

I say embrace it, and know that you are ahead of the curve of most wallet carriers on the Earth.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1141 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Chum's Surfshort Wallets. It's cheap, made out of thin material and durable. Holds a lot of cards, cash with minimal bulk.

Posts: 1701 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Since I've moved my wallet to my front pocket (years ago) I use this...

https://moneyclamp.com/

Pick your wallet, pick your clamp. Works great.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1463 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I don't think that you can find anything thinner than this recycled sailcloth from FlowFold.

Tough, too. I have been carrying my medical ID stuff -- insurance cards and photo ID -- in one of these for about five years. It still looks new, like the day I bought it. No signs of wear.

It would not take up any more room in your pocket than just the "naked" cards that you are now carrying.
I like how minimal this is, but since sailcloth doesn't stretch, I'm worried this would work only with the right number of cards. Do you have any problem with it being too tight or loose?
No, no problem with the fit. I put it in my pocket open side up. I have never lost a card from it and believe me, if anybody is going to lose something, I will be that person.

Try it. Not expensive. Fifteen bucks. You have nothing to lose. At the bottom of the FlowFold website there is a link for "returns." It says, "If you purchase a product and are dissatisfied for any reason, you can return it to us within 30 days and receive store credit or a refund." So you can get your money back if it doesn't work for you. Or offer it as a karma on this forum. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31446 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive had this one for years. You won't be disappointed with Saddleback, they make quality stuff.
https://saddlebackleather.com/...r-wallet-slim-bifold

Posts: 2762 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Saddleback Leather Business Card Holder

I ordered 2 and my daughter ended up with my second one. Very minimalist, tucks in the front pocket without hassle and it's relatively inexpensive considering the quality.

With 2 credit cards, 1 ID, my CCW permit (business card stock) and a business card it is .2655" thick. I can stick a few bills in it folded over too if I need to. I normally only carry a $20 bill and that sits behind my phone in the Rugged Shield case I have for it (emergency money only).

Good luck finding a perfect minimalist wallet. There's a lot of tradeoff when getting to the basics.

Posts: 2860 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
Niteize has one that meets your requirements.

https://www.niteize.com/search...lets&search_tip_url=

Yes! I think this comes the closest to what I'm looking for:

https://www.niteize.com/produc...-Blocking-Wallet.asp

I don't need it to be a multi-tool, but this looks like it won't add any bulk. I knew this had to be out there.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
quote:
My current wallet consists of a rubber band around seven cards... Anyone seen better?

You sir have started at the pinnacle of minimalist wallets. Your search for better will be long and ultimately disappointing. The large guage rubber band has been my wallet of choice for a couple of decades now. Honestly this has been the most effective of ways to handle my cards and cash that I have found.

I say embrace it, and know that you are ahead of the curve of most wallet carriers on the Earth.

I'm down with that, but my wife seems to think this is a thing only hobos do. I know this because at literally every gift-giving opportunity, she gives me a wallet. Even though I've told her I don't need a wallet, she thinks people judge me when I pull out my rubber-banded card stack. So to ensure her happiness, I think I'll try out the Nitize version and the Flowfold.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Pam and I both have Trayvax wallets. She likes hers because she can carry her CPL and DL in jeans pockets will little bulk. I got mine when C19 started up for use at work. I carry my DL and two credit cards and maybe $10 under the band. Easy to wipe down when I get off work.

Pam has the Original and I have the Armored Summit

https://www.trayvax.com/collec...ducts/armored-summit

Posts: 11292 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I bought a ridge and love it.

Took the money clip off and carry cash in a money clip. (which is what I've always done)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I also use a Saddleback wallet, and bought one for my son. I tried several types prior.

I’ll sometimes carry a money clip with extra bills if I’m anticipating needing cash. Otherwise I carry a few bills in the Saddleback.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11464 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying one similar to this for years, and the price is right. Almost as cheap as that rubber band.

https://smile.amazon.com/Trave...8C8Y?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Posts: 1571 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have a FlowFold. I have several
cards and it’s about a 1/4”loaded. I do carry in the front pocket.

https://www.flowfold.com/produ...uard-billfold-wallet

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8368 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Z clip. It is crazy light and thin as hell.

Posts: 1764 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
There's some pretty minimalist stuff in this list, and they all block RFID chips.

Do they? I looked at a few links and saw no mention of RIFD blocking.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:

Do they? I looked at a few links and saw no mention of RIFD blocking.

Trayvax lists it in their descriptions on their metal wallets

Posts: 11292 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I second the Magpul DAKA wallet. Made from some plastic stuff, not leather; no windows for driver’s license or anything.

Posts: 18381 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post