SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texans Try Queso from Chipotle
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texans Try Queso from Chipotle Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
The Texans' reaction is pretty good and I suspect mine would be the same.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/GeNT_kJDDdI

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23304 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Velveeta?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
Velveeta?
Yes, the tried and true standard recipe is Velveeta and Rotel (not salsa). Some add milk or half & half so it's less likely to turn back into a block.

Some start with a bechamel and turn into queso.

One that I'm interested in trying, using sodium citrate to turn real cheese into queso

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23304 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Queso is the sole known legitimate use for Velveeta

Posts: 26933 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Isn’t Chipotle from New York City or something?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

New York City?! Get a rope!

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:

Is it like a Taco Bell for yuppies?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The "non-Texans" in that are funny.

It's always amazing to me that what most people think is SPICY HOT is barely hot at all to me.
I think the majority of people in the north are like that.

As an aside, we used to use Velveeta on our fish hooks for lake trout fishing.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16527 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Catsup could pass for Texas Pete in MN.

Manwich in a flour tortilla is a taco, as long as you put sour cream and lettuce in there.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5158 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ha.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:

I remember my first trip to NYC as an adult. I had been living in Midland, TX, for a year and one of my employer's affiliates needed some help on some really old oil & gas facilities. My hotel was in this restaurant hub where there were 60+ restaurants within walking distance, and most were phenomenal. After a while, I got hungry for Mexican and I had walked past this Mexican cantina dozens of times. I gave it a try since all of the employees looked Mexican. I ordered a beer and they brought out chips & "salsa." I think their recipe was adding canned green chilis to ketchup. I should've left after my beer, but I was an idiot so I had their "food" which made me wish for Taco Bell.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Eek

Posts: 22932 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
For those who want to roll their own, http://www.quesoforall.com/que...AEAMYASAAEgJ6kfD_BwE

posted Hide Post
Time to bust out the crock pot.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
People still eat at Chipotle? How many have had food poisoning?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I've been to Chipotle once and that was a few weeks ago.

I don't get why it is all the rage. Wasn't that good at all.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34132 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's my go-to version of Velveeta queso. I like it much better than the classic Velveeta and Rotel. It's made in a crockpot/slow cooker, so it's easy to take along with you, and can be kept warm for a long time.

-16 oz. Velveeta Cheese
-1 cup milk (or preferably Half & Half if you have it)
-½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
-2 teaspoons paprika
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 15-oz can no-bean chili
-3 teaspoons chili powder
-2 teaspoons cumin
-juice of 1 or 2 limes (I like mine extra limey, so I use 2)

1. Cut Velveeta cheese into cubes. Add all ingredients to a crockpot/slow cooker. (Putting down one of the slow cooker liner bags first makes cleanup even easier.)

2. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, or on high for 1 hour.

3. Stir until everything comes together. You can serve now, but for best flavor, continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes to an hour before serving.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Can you use a real cheese instead of processed velveeta? Like some version of cheddar?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12746 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Chipotle is decent for what it is.

What it is, though, is not definitive TexMex.

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Can you use a real cheese instead of processed velveeta? Like some version of cheddar?

You can.
My Googlefoo revealed this:

https://www.thrillist.com/reci...ip-thrillist-recipes

Posts: 22932 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post