SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
It surprises me, but DeSantis may run.

I hate to say it, but the January 6 bullshit seems to have damaged Donald Trump with some of his potential voters. Whether or not this is so, every American with a triple digit IQ knows that the Dems would hammer that shit non-stop once the race begins to heat up. Leftists who are capable of rational thought are a distinct minority but some do exist, and those people know that January 6 is nothing but bullshit and that the government of the United States was never in danger of being overthrown. It is to laugh...

But, even those who know it's nothing but propaganda will enthusiastically join the wailing and lamentations. This would end up being a huge distraction, not to mention, we'll get to a point where we'll want to choke some of these commies out just to get them to STFU. Months and months and months of that stuff, day in, day out. Lies on top of lies, and all of it, a distraction.

DeSantis, though, can bypass this nonsense.

It goes without saying that we will support whoever gets the Republican nomination- DeSantis or Trump, assuming no independent conservative runs.

The danger, though, is Donald Trump's ego. I say unreservedly- and I'll say it to anyone who listens: I love Donald Trump. The man kept one of the nastiest, most vile, evil leftist crooks ever to draw breath out of office- Hillary "Bad Faith" Clinton. In doing so, he gave us hope once again, and he gave us four years of a great Presidency. I can never thank Donald Trump enough, and all Americans who love this country owe him a debt we can never repay. Donald Trump is not only the reason Hillary Clinton was not elected POTUS; Donald Trump is the reason that Hillary Clinton will never be President.

But, his ego may get in the way if DeSantis enters the race and the danger is that if he doesn't get the Republican nomination, he may run as an independent, and if he does this, you can say hello to another four years of leftist scum in the White House.

If Donald Trump loves this country as much as he says, he won't split the conservative vote, but there is very little left in this world that surprises me any more.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The danger, though, is Donald Trump's ego.

That is the one thing that has kept Trump from being the president he could have been, and perhaps cost him his second term.

Posts: 2324 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Your thread title about Donald from way back in 2016 is still true... he is an ass-clown. I liked a lot of his policy and I'd vote for him again but I'd prefer to not have to.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:

That is the one thing that has kept Trump from being the president he could have been, and perhaps cost him his second term.

You mean besides the blatant cheating? Frown

Posts: 22895 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Parabellum those are my sentiments exactly.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
The primary process, for better or worse, is going to probably end up giving us Trump.

Every poll (I know, I know) I've seen shows Trump losing to DeSantis in a head to head, but Trump winning most all the primaries with less that 50% when you add in a full field of candidates...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Your thread title about Donald from way back in 2016 is still true... he is an ass-clown.
Actually, it was 2015, and I no longer feel that way about the man. Donald Trump has earned my undying respect, no matter what anyone else thinks about him. He's got balls the size of cantaloupes.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's Juge! Ego and self restraint are major problems for him. I wish he stayed on the sidelines. I don't want to listen to all the BS and false attacks that will be spread. Desantis only has the normal republican's are evil racists that want to take everyone's safety nets away to deal with. Trump however has his persona, perception, and an ability to whip any democrats into a furor just with a smile.

He was the right man at the right time, he no longer is. He'd be a lame duck president after a couple years and have to fight obstructionists from both sides of the isle because they simply don't like him.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone must move over and support the other for the sake of our country. No more installed B/S!

USA # 1

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You do realize that Trump received 11 million more votes in 2020 that his numbers in 2016? He received more votes than any other POTUS before him. Trump did not lose votes, he gained more supporters.

DeSantis is not immune from the treatment the press, Democrats, and RINOs gave Trump, and to this day, continues to heap upon him. They will go after DeSantis with the same intensity, likely more than any other candidate before him. Are they fully prepared to bring past dirt on DeSantis? You can bet on that.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16668 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
They spent five years trying to tear him down and they’ll have had another four years to solidify their opposition to him - all modes and methods we can think of, and plenty I’m sure we can’t. If he’d sat for another term, we would have been better for it. That didn’t happen. I’ve been thinking many of the same things stated thus far.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
quote:
You do realize that Trump received 11 million more votes in 2020 that his numbers in 2016?
Be that as it may: I've seen and heard comments from more than one voter who did not vote for Trump in 2020 because they literally did not like him for his mouth and his ego. I liked the job he did as President, but, in certain ways he was his own worst enemy.

I'm with Yellow jacket: I'd vote for him over whatever leftist, but, I'd prefer not too have to.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd take DeSantis over Trump. I liked DJT policies and his jousting with established press brought a smile he did not shy away from any challenge but, he couldn't knock-off the petty commentary and was as unable to articulate some of those solid policies.

If DeSantis runs for POTUS, who could the leading conservative candidate be to govern Florida? Would hate to see Christ return to Tallahassee

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might be excellent for Christ to return to Tallahassee! I’d move down there pronto like!
(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
If Mr Trump loses the nomination he would also have to strongly endorse Ron DeSantis to unify the party and give him the best chance of winning.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’d vote Trump again in a heartbeat. I’ll vote for DeSantis again for whatever office he’s running for. I’m not the problem, nor do I believe the forum membership is either.

I know quite a few people who will never vote for Trump no matter what. They will vote for DeSantis.

I have little doubt that DeSantis is running for 2024. Flying illegals to Martha’s Vineyard and going to Illinois to talk to law enforcement there are both political stunts to get him into the national spotlight.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
In an ideal world DeSantis does not run and pledges full support for Trump.

I'm listening right now to Trump talk live in Palm Beach,FL and yes he toots his horn too much but he has a spectacular grasp of the issues.

Keep in mind there will always, always something the media and big tech cartel will be attacking on.
If not Russia-Russia-Russia it will be something else and if not Trump the same attack engine will deploy on them.
To determine the effectiveness just listen to everyone complain on the conservative side (even here on SF) and make excuses on why he should not run.

Trump 2024!

Posts: 22895 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I don't care too much for PDJT's personality, but at this point, I think he may be the only person who can save this country from the leftist take-over that threatens all we stand for. Desantis may be an effective, and solid leader in Florida, but he hasn't shown me that he has a deep acceptance of conservative policies, and is not the kind of politician who goes along to get along like so many politicians that have failed to live up to their promise in the past. The fear and loathing cast Trump's way by the left is the greatest and most sincere endorsement he could possibly have. America First! Make America Great Again! Trump 2024!

Posts: 6453 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What stopped him from being the president he wanted to be and could have been was the fact that the people he put in place around him were his enemies that at the time he thought were friends. They hindered and back stabbed him at every chance. He didn't know how treacherous Washington was it took him most of his presidency learning that.

Imagine what he could have done without the wolves surrounding him. Lying, cheating and stealing cost him the reelection.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Trump has paved the way. He did an incredible job walking the walk rather than just talking. I'd like to see someone like DeSantis take the baton and run w/ it w/ the foundation that Trump created. The hand off is going to be critical.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post