SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Irma - everyone has gone nuts
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Irma - everyone has gone nuts Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Yet everyone wants them to run nation reciprocity.

What's to run?

National reciprocity simply means a state-issued license to carry a concealed firearm is valid in every other state.

It is not a plan for a fed.gov issued license to carry a concealed firearm.
A discussion for another thread gentlemen...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
yet everyone wants them to run nation reciprocity.

don't be silly. there's nothing to "run", no meaningful resources to deploy, no troops to coordinate, no supplies to distribute, no "Program" that needs "Administration", no department that needs to do much of shit with respect to nationwide CCW...

all the government needs to do is simplify the law and get the fuck out of the fucking way in one important way, by doing NOTHING when in the course of normal business they encounter someone carrying, in fact, of all things the government could possibly do about anything, this is exactly the sort of thing that costs next to nothing, accomplishes a ton, and sides with liberty and the Constitution (the 2nd trumping States Rights all day every day).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, another thread is best. ^

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did someone change the subject?? LOL

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I just received an email notice from the gun club. The range will be closed Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

What a bunch of kill-joys! I was planning on going to shoot. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just received an email notice from the gun club. The range will be closed Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Our club would stay open. You must belong to one of those high class clubs. I do not think they use email.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

NOAA 2pm forecast

I know people can look these up, just seems good to have a picture running in the thread.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Please keep the updates coming, sdy! Thank you.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
The more that moves west the more I wish I'd pulled my boat out of Lake Martin, AL.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Those in Ft Myers they just expanded the mandatory evacuation area to include part of Zone B.

My grandmother's house is in this area. She has lived there since about 1971 and never had to leave for a hurricane. Glad she is safe here in Maryland and not down there.

http://www.leegov.com/publicsa.../emergencymanagement

http://leegis.maps.arcgis.com/...402aaf41c45cd9015c63

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My grandmother's house is in this area. She has lived there since about 1971 and never had to leave for a hurricane.

She needs to leave. She does not need to go far, just away from the storm surge. Run from the water, hide from the wind. It is not complicated.

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I just saw a report from a young American woman stranded with 15 others on St. Maarten.

The island is flattened, looters raided a police station on the French side taking guns and ammo. There is little power, few safe standing buildings, debris everywhere, and Jose, a cat 4 hurricane is headed their way.

As for Irma, it's going right through the keys as a strong cat 3 or weak cat 4, and then heading up the west coast. The average track has it staying just offshore until about Ft. Meyers, and the just onshore through Tampa. One area in particular seems to be a worry-lots of poor migrant agricultural workers in the area who don't have the resources to evacuate themselves.

It looks like the great evacuation in the east will be decried as "Chicken Little" rather than the good idea it was.

To our Floridian friends, I truly wish I was there (riding out a major hurricane is a bucket list item). I pray you and yours stay safe and are left with tales of remarkable things like flying gators and generous people.

My ANG unit made a rescue of these folks; well done guys.
http://www.123aw.ang.af.mil/Ne...n-following-hurrica/

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
My grandmother's house is in this area. She has lived there since about 1971 and never had to leave for a hurricane.

She needs to leave. She does not need to go far, just away from the storm surge. Run from the water, hide from the wind. It is not complicated.

I said it in another post but should have probably made it clear again. have made it clear. She's up here in Maryland with family.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those interested. Links to Irma webcams:

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/...ncart_river_home_pop

posted Hide Post
It'll be amazing if any of us are left alive by tomorrow.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

You want kill-joys, a range I go to in Houston is going to be closed for months.

Of course, it is on land leased from the Army Corps of Engineers in the Addicks Reservoir, and is currently under 18 feet of water, so it might be kind of hard to go shooting there at the moment. Smile

The range floods often and is set up so it can go back into operation as soon as it dries out, everything is concrete and meta, but it is probably going to be two months before it isn't flooded.

Good luck to all you Florida folks!

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YZuMe5RvxPQ

Looks a bit West now. Is it safe to go back to Miami?

Posts: 6163 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
...Of course, it is on land leased from the Army Corps of Engineers in the Addicks Reservoir, and is currently under 18 feet of water, so it might be kind of hard to go shooting there at the moment... Smile

Not if you're prepared:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks a bit West now. Is it safe to go back to Miami

NO.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Yes, skeet should be especially sporty!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post