SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long is your commute? Time not miles please
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long is your commute? Time not miles please Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
14 minutes, 9 miles.

Posts: 9612 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
5 minutes.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
30 seconds unless the weather is bad

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
20 minutes.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7182 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently about 18-20 minutes in the morning and 25-30 minutes in the afternoon. There is a toll road that would save me 5-7 minutes each way but I don't want to pay the $2/each way.

Although this will change sometime towards the end of the year as we finish up work at the current location and start work at another site which will probably double my commute time.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
30 minutes each way.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
About 20 seconds to make it from the bedroom to my office, longer if I stop at the bathroom.

Posts: 23002 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
45 minutes to an hour.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53134 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
80 minutes each way

Posts: 1710 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Last couple of years, about 10 minutes.
For the prior 15 years, just under an hour on the rare day of no delays. As much as 2hrs 30mins on a regular basis.
Don't miss that even a little bit.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3146 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I am retired now, but it was about 15 minutes on my bicycle and maybe 10 if I drove.

Posts: 5635 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
The Ms and I work together. Used to live ten minutes from the office but decided we wanted a more rural experience. Perhaps y'all in the local south metro area know from where I speak...any way, takes 30 minutes now. Hear no sirens anymore; just the way we like it.

Posts: 1832 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1:15 to 1:30 each way depending on traffic. An hour of that is a train ride so the stress of driving is not there.

Posts: 4824 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
About 9 minutes to the office, but most work days I log on in the car and since I live in my "division" I'm on-duty.

Days I have to teach at the academy, 30 minutes to 45 both ways.

I don't like those days as much.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11459 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
After getting out of bed, putting on a shirt, making a cup of coffee, and sitting down to open the computer, I'm at the office.

So minus the stuff I would normally do, like 0 seconds. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 to 15 minutes. 5 minutes on city streets and county roads, 10 minutes on company property. ..

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
If I walk to public transit (BART station) - 24 minutes.

If I take my bicycle - 22 minutes.

If I drive - 10 minutes.

Posts: 5588 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
Working from home. Zero minutes.

Same.

Posts: 5078 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last commute, a week ago, was 20 hours. That's typical.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I just timed it. Exactly 5.00 seconds.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16435 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post