SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long is your commute? Time not miles please
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long is your commute? Time not miles please Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
In the morning to work with no traffic- 5 minutes and involves 3 traffic lights.

The way home always has traffic- 10-15 minutes

Posts: 7429 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before I retired, half hour. That was for 44 years and whether located in Texas or Jamaica or Australia.

Posts: 657 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
18 miles / 90 minutes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10735 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
About 30-35 minutes until I retired (again).

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
27 minutes e/b in the morning.
45 minutes w/b in the afternoon.

Same distance.

Posts: 491 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Depending on where I go first thing.

If I go to a job site it could be 10 to 30 minutes.
If I go to the office it takes about 20 minutes.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6364 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
About 55 minutes, 1:15 to my main office but I only make it there about once a week.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
40 min.

Posts: 5323 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
A bit over 15 minutes. This is barring a backup on I-81 of course.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15673 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
7 or 8 minutes.

Posts: 11404 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in Maryland and work in DC so my commute is about an hour and 15 minutes each way. That includes 26 minutes to walk to the metro, 36 minutes on the metro, and 8 minutes to walk to the office. It isn't so bad I guess, better than having to drive and be stuck in traffic.

Posts: 2018 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 3-5 minutes in the morning, coming home 7-10. That’ll all change in 2 weeks when I start with a new company and work remote, could be a matter of walking to the living room or catching a flight somewhere.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
25 min/ 20 mi.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
18 Minutes

Posts: 1699 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
25-45 minutes on average.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2277 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 15 min each way. Love it.

In the past, I worked 6 yrs living about 60 miles from my work. Moved, then worked in Los Angeles where traffic sucks no matter what. Moved again & had to drive a piddle 12 miles to work, (3yrs) but was during rush hour & no other simple roads to get there so also took about an hour each way.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
It depends on the day and site location.

Monday, 25 minutes each way
Tuesday, 1 hour 15 minutes each way
Wednesday, 2 and a half to 3 hours, each way

Thursday and Friday are any of the above if needed, or possibly work from home if not.

Luckily its a company vehicle, averaging 1000 miles a week.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3359 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20 minutes each way.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I had worked from my an office 5 minutes away from 2007-2011, then my home through 2017. I now have a 25 minute commute in, 25-45 home.

Yeah, some days I wonder if the money is worth it.

I also used to travel (overnight) 50-70 days a year, now almost none. Wife and I have observed we see each other less in this model than the old one. Frown

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12482 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 2 minutes. Its 12 blocks and speed limit is 35 MPH with 2 stop signs going to work and 1 going home.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 728 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post