SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are gas prices on the climb again?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are gas prices on the climb again? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I expected to see pump prices drop overnight, because Governor DeSantis signed a gas tax relief bill that would eliminate the 25.3¢ / gallon tax, effective October 1, 2022 (today).

I have not seen any change in pump prices. Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I expected to see pump prices drop overnight, because Governor DeSantis signed a gas tax relief bill that would eliminate the 25.3¢ / gallon tax, effective October 1, 2022 (today).

When they did that here last July, the dealers didn't lower their prices until they got replenished with gas they didn't pay the tax on.
It took at least several days before we saw prices dropping at the pump.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Gas has gone up about .45c here in the last 5 days.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$5.69 on the low end at Costco...everywhere else is averaging about $5.90-6

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Prices around us were about 3.55 a couple weeks ago, then jumped to 3.89, now the cheapest is 3.98 with the average being 4.09. Only saw two stations with 3.98 prices in the last two days.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Back up to $3.29 from $2.89 overnite last week.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Strange. Ones around here within a couple of miles have been holding steady, some in fact have gone lower (2.75), for weeks now, although further away, I've seen them creeping up a bit.

Q

Posts: 26337 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This past week, lovely Gov Newsome harped on oil and gas companies to lower the cost of fuel for Californians. Well Gavy, let me recap it for you.

Single-party rule, super-majority in the state legislature, anti-oil and gas policies with CalGEM, the nation's highest fuel taxes, the nation's highest electrical and gas costs, and an overall anti-small business environment.

I was in NM two weeks ago and paid $3.20/gal. I'm back in NM this week and it's $3.45/gal. Meanwhile, back in CA it went from $4.89 to just shy of $6.00.

California's high fuel prices are solely the responsibility of the California governor and legislature.

According to California's Board of Equalization (tax board), CA sells about 80 million gallons of refined fuel.......each day. That number may have gone down a bit since Covid and more EVs on the road. Regardless, CA residents are paying an extra $29B each year (80M x $1 above average/ gallon x 365).

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're (PNW) up 81 cents since I filled up last week.

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I mentioned it before, but the only real action Biden has taken other than blaming the oil companies and screaming "gouging" with his fist cinched at the station operators, is robbing our gas from the national reserve. This is artificial, but the election you know. And now with the sabotage of the Nord Stream pipe line he'll site that as the cause of increasing prices at the pump. I'm not much of a conspiracy theory guy, but this does smell like 3 day old fish to me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I checked today. $6.80-$7.20 here. FJB and the Hoe.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

He signed that months ago. Given that Florida just got smashed by a hurricane and fuel supplies are tight no dealer is going to drop their price 25 cents in an upward trending market. Especially since when those dealers run out, they won’t be getting resupplied quickly or easily.

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's up in the Seattle metro area.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
You think it's rising now, wait until November 9th.

If the Dems win, they'll be emboldened; if they lose it will be some sort of EO as payback.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Was out and about a short while ago and prices have inched up a few pennies, but nothing major. The cheapest prices around here at the moment is $3.01 for 87...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4573 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I just filled the tank for $3.07/gallon. I haven't seen it go up here for a while.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I just filled up for $2.89/gallon.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3.99 a gallon here in southeast Wi., today..

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Yep. We went for a cruise last week and paid $2.94 in SC near Columbia. Paid $3.21 on the way home Sunday.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Prices are not going to stay low, oil will be over $100 a barrel again in the near future.

Posts: 4098 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post