SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are gas prices on the climb again?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are gas prices on the climb again? Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
From what I've read, the hurricane has very little, if anything, to do with the rising gas prices.

"AAA said that gas prices are going up slightly because of refinery issues on the West Coast and in the Midwest, not because of the hurricane headed toward Florida. Hurricane Ian won’t have an impact on gas prices because the storm would have to head toward the refineries near Texas and Louisiana instead of Florida."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-gas-prices-n2613631
I believe I saw a refinery or tank farm on fire here in the US and it was said this would contribute to higher prices also. Northern Ohio?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Hey, it's not like we didn't already have a long running thread on this exact subject.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/1290018984/p/1
I searched this yesterday as "gas prices", and nothing came up.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is correct. There are not many lines under the GOM running towards Florida. Past hurricanes have really disrupted services.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
2.95 right by DFW airport. QT gas station, top tier.

The QT stations here have covered up the words "Top Tier" on their pumps.......meaning they no longer are top tier gas.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
My take is Biden will do everything possible to lower prices including wasting away our national reserves. No matter, after the mid terms, that will stop no matter who gains control of the houses, and prices will sore. Biden will give nationally televised speech, screaming, shaking his fists, then whispering, then getting lost on stage. It will take the newly seated congress to affect much change. So basically, we're screwed for awhile.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’ve not seen it drop below $6 around here.

You need to shop around a bit more.

I just filled up at Costco. $5.29 for Reg, $5.49 for Premium

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’ve not seen it drop below $6 around here.

You need to shop around a bit more.

I just filled up at Costco. $5.29 for Reg, $5.49 for Premium

Use the Costco app, go to the Warehouse page and prices for each location will show up.

Right now, looks like the San Jose-location on Senter has the lowest price in the Bay Area at $5.19. Usually Vallejo has the lowest price in the North Bay, they're at $5.34

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are gas prices on the climb again?

Not here, at least not yet. They have and are still trending down, dipping below $3 (OK, $2.999 if you want to be picky) for the first time.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
I believe I saw a refinery or tank farm on fire here in the US and it was said this would contribute to higher prices also. Northern Ohio?

Yes there was a fire that shut down a refinery in Toledo, Ohio. This will contribute to local shortages and higher prices.

Once these old refineries shut down, they are never replaced. This one is over 100 years old.

https://www.reuters.com/busine...-sources-2022-09-28/

We don't really need refineries since all cars will be electric soon. Oh, wait, can we pave roads with solar energy?

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday in Chattanooga I paid $2.73 at Sams. Today I paid $3.84 in Montana.

I watch the difference between Sams and a Walmart neighborhood market close to me. The market was 2.99. Usually Sams is a few cents cheaper. When the spread gets this big, I expect to see prices rise everywhere. Hardly scientific but it seems to work than way.

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
We just passed $5.30
Wouldn't be surprised to see $5.50 tomorrow.

Almost $100 to fill up now, was about $35 not long ago it seems.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still around 3.00 in AL

Posts: 869 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
QuikTrip this afternoon was at $2.99, so round to $3.00. Still higher than the Trump years and no doubt an effort to say "see, we're doing something about gas prices" which they will hammer although sleepy Joe has nothing to do with it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
$2.89 in the DFW area.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Just drove by the Chevron down the street from me. I believe I saw $6.49 for 91 octane. It was slightly under $6 last time I filled up 2 weeks ago.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Not sure the difference, but here in the Huntsville/Madison area, gas prices are still creeping down. $3.16 seems to be the going low price around here, down from $3.19 just last week.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Just drove by the Chevron down the street from me. I believe I saw $6.49 for 91 octane. It was slightly under $6 last time I filled up 2 weeks ago.
That is the highest price I have ever heard of. The diesel fuel probably cost so much it wouldn't sell. Shoot, I wouldn't buy gas at that price.

Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
In the Indianapolis area prices have gone up 40 cents in the last two days and we are from 4.10 to 4.40 for regular and damn near 5.00 for premium as of this morning.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Up .10 a gallon overnight in my town.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Filled up at the Chevron that's near me. A day or two ago, it was about $6.49 for 91, now it'r right about $7 a gallon plus or minus a few cents.

I put in $109 worth of 89 octane just now.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post