SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are gas prices on the climb again?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are gas prices on the climb again? Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Cant help but notice just last week, 3.16 at the local Shell. Then it jumped to 3.39 and again today to 3.71. That's with the Shell card. Otherwise, 3.76 a gallon. Few weeks back I was up in Ohio and pretty much all stations were fully .60 cents more per gallon than just across the river in Kentucky. I dont understand why such a difference in price. Are your gas prices going up again? President Trump, at the N. Carolina ralley yesterday stated that after the mid terms, the price will go much higher. Have the dems burned through out Stretegic reserves enough that this is the cause?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
daughter just paid $3.70/gal for regular up here on the north side of Ohio.

It's gone up about 30 cents a gallon from last week.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Thursday I filled up for $3.97 - Saturday it was 4.15 today it was $4.30 which for even now it is crazy that it is jumping up that much.

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, Crude is down in the 70's, but gas is up.
"hurricane coming"

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 295 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paid 3.62/gal at Costco Tonight. All stations around town jumped .40 to 4.19 today. Expect Costco to be at least 4.00 tomorrow. Haven't heard why yet - possibly something to do with the stock market sell off last week?

Posts: 250 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’ve not seen it drop below $6 around here.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
6 bucks? Eek I think I would park it. It does appear fuel is going back up.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
2.95 right by DFW airport. QT gas station, top tier.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$4.79/gal at Costco earlier today; jumped up to $5.05 for tomorrow's opening.

I can't remember when gas was below $4 here....February?

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I think prices will spike again if the election goes the wrong way.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Prices "should" be going down as we shift away from summer blends, but FJB... Frown

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jumped .50 cents a couple days ago. From 3.89 to 4.39

Now today, we have both prices within a couple of blocks.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The traitors running the country into the ground are not finished with us yet. As temps get colder, I see even bigger spikes in fuel prices of every kind. It’s as if they want civil unrest, and the accompanying violence. What they’re doing makes no sense, but it is clearly intentional.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Filled the truck up yesterday at $3.33 per gallon.

No matter what happens in November, I expect prices to really spike.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
A ton of imported petroleum comes through Tampa and they’re about to catch a direct hit from the hurricane.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Hurricanes, expiring state fuel tax holidays, and refilling the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (currently down by over a third) will all be pushing prices higher over the coming weeks and months. Add the seasonal spike in heating oil needs in the northern hemisphere and they’re likely to go way up just after the midterm elections.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The hurricane is the immediate reason for the bump up in the last few days.
I would expect gas to go back up after the election, regardless of your location. I have a Republican Governor and he has dropped the gas taxes that are $.30 a gallon.
You can't do that forever and also maintain the roads so that will likely come back after November.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I've read, the hurricane has very little, if anything, to do with the rising gas prices.

"AAA said that gas prices are going up slightly because of refinery issues on the West Coast and in the Midwest, not because of the hurricane headed toward Florida. Hurricane Ian won’t have an impact on gas prices because the storm would have to head toward the refineries near Texas and Louisiana instead of Florida."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-gas-prices-n2613631

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up about 50 cents a gallon here in the Yoop. Now around $4.20

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hey, it's not like we didn't already have a long running thread on this exact subject.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/1290018984/p/1

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post