SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon US customers have one week to opt out of mass wireless sharing
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon US customers have one week to opt out of mass wireless sharing Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Seems like I recall from waaaay back in college a professor talking about how a lack of response cannot legally be used as consent. Seems like giving you a week to opt out and you don't is a lack of response.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Seems like I recall from waaaay back in college a professor talking about how a lack of response cannot legally be used as consent. Seems like giving you a week to opt out and you don't is a lack of response.

Except I would almost bet a house payment their TOS includes wording that gives them the right to change those terms without prior notification.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Here is a good video that explains what we are facing regarding these mesh networks.
It's worth taking the time to watch this.

Hidden Radios in Home Devices (IOT)! The next Cyberthreat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tIK3Fk-bLA

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

Thank you for posting that.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great post Jupiter - 25 minute education with a lot of information.

I think I'll hold on to my "dumb" TV for now.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

Thank you for posting that.

^^^ +1
wholly chit!
After years of all our tinfoil hat jokes this is being portrayed as already being much worse Eek Is this as bad as it sounds, or over hyped??

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
so that big TV thingy that was in the Batman movie with Morgan Freeman is now basically a reality?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10422 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
From a privacy perspective, it IS as bad as it sounds. This is what happens when Big Tech becomes a contractor for the U.S. Government.
A Win/Win situation for everyone except the consumers.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jupiter- great vid.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post