SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The nine lives of the real-life Mr. T /// >>> Karma Winner = usmc-nav <<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The nine lives of the real-life Mr. T /// >>> Karma Winner = usmc-nav <<< Login/Join 
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Also, please enter me in the karma.

Posts: 1772 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Great story and a happy birthday to your dad.

Please enter me as well.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1055 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to your Dad! Add me in to the Karma.

Cool

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2823 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Mr.T you sir are one ole tough bird and wishing more b-days bringing joy to your physical family as well as your SF family here..... drill sgt.

Posts: 2095 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Happy 102 birthday Mr. T!!
Don't enter me in the drawing since I live in MD which requires a heavy barrel.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1735 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Remarkable! Happy Birthday, Mr. T!

Posts: 2342 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Happy 102nd Mr. T!

(Please do not consider me for karma)

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, sir!

Posts: 13623 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing some details from an amazing life- your Dad's.
Happy Birthday, Mr. T!

Posts: 10039 | Location: Henderson (Vegas), Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is today 102 years old, much weaker, and thus, no longer doing his daily gardening, but still actively reading and editing his writings. And still bragging about his health. LOL

Wonderful. I'm in my 50's but he could probably kick my butt in the garden because it's a labor of love.
Happy Birthday Mr. T. Smile

Posts: 7500 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I'll play :P

Mr. L
(it's me)

#1 When he was about 16 he was helping his dad re-roof the house. While on the roof he unknowingly stepped on a piece of loose plywood and ended up surfing it off the roof onto the ground below. No inujuries.

#2 When he was about 22 he visited the beach in Wilmington NC and went out on a jetty with a friend. The tide came in and swept him off the jetty. He was able to ditch most of his shoes and clothes while in the water and was able to swim back to shore.

#3 When he was 23 he was sent over to Kuwait for Operation Iraqi Freedom. On the night of March20, life became real interesting with lots of missiles flying overhead.

#4 When he was about 24 he was driving through some mountains in February at about 2am to visit some friends. He hit some black ice and the car almost went over the edge; prevented only by the cable guard "rail" on the side of the road. Car was totaled but he got out and walked to the nearest town for help.

#5 When he was about 27 he had another car crash which broke his right femur and his jaw in two places.

#6 When he was about 30 he was riding a motorcycle through Georgia to visit some friends. It was about 3am. Somebody in a car came southbound in the northbound lanes. He swerved in order to not have a head-on collision with the car, but lost control of the bike and went down. The car turned around and drove off without stopping. He was able to pick the bike back up and ride it to the nearest gas station for medical supplies. He ended up finishing the trip to visit friends.

#7 When he was 44 he was riding his (different) motorcycle back from the shooting range. Some guy in a mustang decided he wanted Mr. L's lane and just came over. Mr. L was knocked down and off the bike. The mustang drove off. Mr. L (with much help from bystanders) picked the bike up and eventually rode it the rest of the way back home.

...to be continued.
I guess I only have 2 more lives to go.

Happy birthday to your dad! 102 is a helluva long run!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1566 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Thanks for your service and a salute for being a member of the "GREATEST GENERATION" Your sacrifices will always be remembered!

Do NOT enter me in the Karma. I'm DEEP behind enemy lines here.

Posts: 4709 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a life he has lived. Happy Birthday!

Posts: 13167 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
What a GREAT MAN. Quang my friend, you are TRULY Blessed. You have a Strong Family that surround you with love and Bless you with all the virtues you embody. That, in it's self makes you a RICH Man !!!!! Thank you for your Service and Happy Birthday to the "REAL" Mr. T.

John

Posts: 2898 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Please exclude me from your generous karma Q, but please pass along my heartiest birthday greetings to Mr. T!!

Posts: 6599 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mr. T!

May Almighty God continue to bless and preserve you, and may you bask in the love and joy of your family.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Awesome story, and a heck of a man, Happy Birthday Mr T!

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to Mr. T! He’s had quite the adventures!

Edit: I forgot to add, thank you for the generous karma opportunity but please don’t enter my name in the drawing. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StarTraveler,

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2177 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mr. T and thank you for bringing Q to us.

Q thank you for sharing some of his story with us. And don't enter me in the karma you have already blessed me.

Posts: 13052 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mr T. I hope you have many more healthy ones.

Posts: 11157 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post