SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
About damn time. Trump's got a fire under him now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"About damn time" Amen

https://justthenews.com/govern...obe-was-broken-start

Declassified memos: CIA feared Clinton was 'stirring up' false Russia collusion narrative

Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe on Tuesday declassified two documents showing President Obama's CIA feared in summer 2016 that Hillary Clinton was "stirring up" a false Russia collusion narrative to "vilify" Donald Trump and distract from her own controversies heading into the election.

The memos indicate the CIA first received the information through the monitoring of Russian sources and deemed it credible enough to brief Obama on it in July 2016 and to refer the intelligence to the FBI in September 2016 for possible investigation.

The warnings came as the FBI was just starting its Crossfire Hurricane probe into now-disproven Trump-Russia collusion, aided by the Clinton campaign-funded dossier by Christopher Steele. They are likely to bolster GOP claims the James Comey's FBI ignored clear evidence that the allegations were a political dirty trick and not evidence of a counterintelligence threat.

"Per FBI verbal request, CIA provides the below examples of information the CROSSFIRE HURRICANE fusion cell has gleaned to date," the September 2016 referral from the Agency to the bureau read. "An exchange [redacted] discussing US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s approval of a plan concerning US presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian hackers hampering US elections as a means of distracting the public form her use of a private email server."

Two months earlier, then-CIA Director John Brennan briefed Obama, according to handwritten notes written after the briefing.

"We’re getting additional insight into Russian activities from [redacted],” Brennan notes read. “CITE alleged approved by Hillary Clinton a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisers to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by the Russian security service."

Officials said Ratcliffe was authorized by President Trump to released the documents over the weekend while he was hospitalized for coronavirus treatment.

Ratcliffe is also exploring declassifying evidence requested to be released by House Intelligence Committee ranking member Devin Nunes (R-Calif.). The evidence includes a referral Nunes made to the CIA inspector general in 2018 about flaws in the U.S. intelligence assessment about Russian interference as well as evidence showing what Christopher Steele's primary sub-source for his dossier told the FBI and what the bureau knew about the sub-source's ties to Russia.

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows hinted at that declassification on Monday.

Trump has "already tasked me with getting some declassification rolling in a follow-up to some of the requests that Nunes and others have made," Meadows said.

"It's very disturbing to me that 35 days before an election, a director of national intelligence would release unverified Russian rumint," said Senate Intelligence Committee Vice Chairman Mark Warner (D-Va.).

former FBI General Counsel James Baker testified the bureau was inundated with unverified allegations of Trump-Russia collusion from Clinton sources , including from long-time Clinton associate Cody Shearer.

Baker described the pressure campaign on the FBI by Clinton associates as unusual and uncomfortable.

"I had a jaundiced eye about everything, yes," Baker testified. "I had skepticism about all this stuff. I was concerned about all of this. This whole situation was horrible, and it was novel and we were trying to figure out what to do, and it was highly unusual."

but Baker goes on CNN trashing President Trump

Hillary Clinton > Steele dossier > Fabricated & False Persecution of President Trump

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
And then there’s John (The Sound of Silence) Durham.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"About damn time" Amen

https://justthenews.com/govern...obe-was-broken-start

Declassified memos: CIA feared Clinton was 'stirring up' false Russia collusion narrative...

"It's very disturbing to me that 35 days before an election, a director of national intelligence would release unverified Russian rumint," said Senate Intelligence Committee Vice Chairman Mark Warner (D-Va.).

Seriously... Roll Eyes

It's VERY disturbing to me that 1375 days since the election, 'bombshell' information about this Seditious Coup attempt to destroy a duly-elected President continues to dribble out at a glacial pace, and NOBODY has been held accountable! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I wonder if these documents will see the light of day before the election. How many road blocks and delays will the various alphabet agencies put up? How many of these docs will simply disappear? At this point I'm more anxious to see Judge Barrets confirmation to go through before the election than see any of these unredacted documents.

We are well aware of who did what already. Seeing their names instead of a black streak on the paper will hardly be a bombshell.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are well aware of who did what already. Seeing their names instead of a black streak on the paper will hardly be a bombshell.

This is what irks me about Durham not doing anything before the election so as not to be seen as "political". Well guess what? This makes you look MORE political. We know what happened. Show us the proof. "Ongoing investigation"? Either a crime was committed or it wasn't. Showing us documents will not change that fact.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike Flynn seeks to remove judge overseeing case, alleging bias

https://justthenews.com/accoun..._campaign=newsletter

In a dramatic escalation of a long-running feud, lawyers for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn on Wednesday filed a motion to disqualify U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan from considering the request to dismiss their client's case, arguing the jurist has demonstrated "contempt and disdain for the defense."

The filing by attorneys Sidney Powell and Jesse Binnall came after the defense and judge clashed several times at a hearing last week. It also follows Flynn, retire Army lieutenant general, having tried to get an appeals court to issue a writ of mandamus forcing Sullivan to immediately dismiss the case.

The defense won an initial ruling by a three-judge panel before it was reversed by the full D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals after Sullivan appealed.

In the new motion, the defense lawyers argued that Sullivan met the standard for dismissal or recusal because he created the appearance of bias "when he actively litigated against General Flynn" in the appeals court.

"He has since far exceeded it – rising to the level of demonstrating actual bias," the lawyers wrote, citing Sullivan's comments during last week's hearing. "The court’s contempt and disdain for the defense was palpable throughout the hearing on
September 29, 2020, including when defense counsel made an oral motion for his immediate disqualification, which he refused to allow even to be fully stated for the record."

Sullivan has defended himself, saying he has a right to weigh all the issues before deciding whether to dismiss a charge of lying to which Flynn previously pleaded guilty. Both the defense and the Justice Department say recently discovered evidence of prosecutors' activity in the case amounted to misconduct justifying a dismissal.

Sullivan declined to immediately grant the dismissal, instead hiring a retired judge to offer arguments opposing the idea.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I hope that works. I’m sick and tired of Sullivan.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sullivan has defended himself, saying he has a right to weigh all the issues before deciding whether to dismiss a charge of lying to which Flynn previously pleaded guilty. Both the defense and the Justice Department say recently discovered evidence of prosecutors' activity in the case amounted to misconduct justifying a dismissal.

Sullivan declined to immediately grant the dismissal, instead hiring a retired judge to offer arguments opposing the idea.

None of this passes any kind of objective sniff test. Like, at all.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Hopefully these emails will tighten the noose around the Hildebeasts neck.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well according to Mike Pompeo they have Hillary’s 30 thousand deleted emails and plan to release all if not most of them before the election. I find myself with no shits left to give about this whole thing now. Seems anti climatic at this point. Now if this sends her to prison I could become interested.

Link

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I say Hillary's chances for President in 2020 are sunk.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In case you need some light afternoon reading, the Department of State has published over 35,000 of HRC's "missing" emails.

Link to Department of State Hillary Email Dump

Posts: 490 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://dailycaller.com/2020/1...-justice-department/

Bruce Ohr resigned from the Justice Department late last month after he was informed that a final decision was imminent in an ongoing disciplinary review over his contacts with dossier author Christopher Steele, the Justice Department said.

“Bruce Ohr retired from the Department of Justice on September 30, 2020. As such, he is no longer an employee of the Department,” Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said in a statement.

“Mr. Ohr retired after his counsel was informed that a final decision on a disciplinary review being conducted by Department senior career officials was imminent.”

Ohr, who was a top official in the deputy attorney general’s office, served as a conduit between the FBI team that investigated the Trump campaign and former British spy Christopher Steele.

xxxxxxxxxx

Chuck Ross:

A source familiar confirms @CBS_Herridge scoop that Bruce Ohr resigned from DOJ before being fired over findings in the IG report.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
In case you need some light afternoon reading, the Department of State has published over 35,000 of HRC's "missing" emails.

I’m glad the transparency has partially arrived; however, wasn’t the original issue that she had Top Secret emails being funneled off GOV systems and then scrubbed everything when asked to place them all on litigation hold?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:

What could possibly be on those? Nothing much, per the Dame of Benghazi: From the Guardian, 2015: linky
quote:
In further defiant remarks on the emails that Clinton will not turn over, her office insisted that none contained material relevant to her work in four years leading Foggy Bottom.

“These were private, personal messages, including emails about her daughter’s wedding plans, her mother’s funeral services, and condolence notes, as well as emails on family vacations, yoga routines, and other items one would typically find in their own email account, such as offers from retailers, spam, etc,” it said.
Strange thing. bunches of emails in that group that State just found, linked to above have markings on them, such as
quote:
Classified by DAS, A/GIS, DoS on 01/29/2016 — Class: SECRET — Reason: 1.4(D) — Declassify on: 08/24/2031 UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05782235 Date: 01/29/2016

That's some top secret wedding planning, that is. Wink

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I know some lawyers probably don't like these guys, but this video is worth a watch if you're at all invested in General Flynn's plight.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Bruce Ohr resigned from the Justice Department late last month after he was informed that a final decision was imminent in an ongoing disciplinary review over his contacts with dossier author Christopher Steele, the Justice Department said.

So he played the get out of jail free card by taking a cushy early retirement? Must be tough being in the club these days. Roll Eyes