SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
CIA Director Gina Haspel Blocking Declassifying Critical Documents Related To Russia Investigation, Report Says

https://www.dailywire.com/news...tigation-report-says

Sean Davis, co-founder of The Federalist, reported on Wednesday night that CIA Director Gina Haspel is reportedly blocking the declassification and release of critical documents related to the FBI’s surveillance of the Trump campaign in 2016.

“I can report here tonight that these declassifications that have come out, those weren’t easy to get out and there’s in fact far more waiting to get out,” Davis told Fox News host Tucker Carlson. “Unfortunately, those releases and declassifications, according to multiple sources I’ve talked to, are being blocked by CIA Director Gina Haspel, who herself was the main link between Washington and London as the London station chief for John Brennan’s CIA during the 2016 election.”

“Recall it was London where Christopher Steele was doing all this work,” Davis continued. “And I’m told that it is Gina Haspel personally who’s blocking continued declassification of these documents that will show the American people the truth of what actually happened.”

Davis said that he believes that one reason that certain U.S. officials are making it difficult to declassify documents is because they are “likely implicated by” the documents, adding that their careers could be damaged based on what is contained in the documents.

Davis’s report comes after Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe declassified a document yesterday that stated U.S. officials had referred then-Democrat presidential nominee Hillary Clinton for investigation to the FBI regarding her alleged “approval of a plan concerning U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian hackers hampering U.S. elections as a means of distracting the public from her use of a private mail server.”

The news came in a letter that Ratcliffe sent to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC). Ratcliffe’s letter contained three major points:

In late July 2016, U.S. intelligence agencies obtained insight into Russian intelligence analysis alleging that U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton had approved a campaign plan to stir up a scandal against U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump by tying him to Putin and the Russians’ hacking of the Democratic National Committee. The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.
According to his handwritten notes, former Central Intelligence Agency Director [John] Brennan subsequently briefed President Obama and other senior national security officials on the intelligence, including the “alleged approval by Hillary Clinton on July 26, 2016 of a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services.”

On 07 September 2016, U.S. intelligence officials forwarded an investigative referral to FBI Director James Comey and Deputy Assistant Director of Counterintelligence Peter Strzok regarding “U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s approval of a plan concerning U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian hackers hampering U.S. elections as a means of distracting the public from her use of a private mail server.”

“As referenced in his 24 September 2020 letter to your Committee, Attorney General [William] Barr has advised that the disclosure of this information will not interfere with ongoing Department of Justice investigations,” Ratcliffe added. “Additional declassification and public disclosure of related intelligence remains under consideration; however, the IC welcomes the opportunity to provide a classified briefing with further detail at your convenience.”

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Why doesn't the President just declassify the documents then?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Or fire Haspel like today and instruct the replacement to do so....

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Why doesn't the President just declassify the documents then?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^The President is the ultimate 'Classification Authority' so DJT can declassify anything he wants.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I have been concerned about Gina Haspel ever since she was appointed to lead the CIA.

Why ? Because she was indeed CIA station chief in London from 2014 to 2017.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/t...mr-downer-1527809075

In 2016 Alexander Downer (Australian diplomat) reported that Papadopoulos told him the Russians had "material that could be damaging to Hillary Clinton". Downer reported that to the U.S. embassy in London.

"The Downer details landed with the embassy’s then-chargé d’affaires, Elizabeth Dribble , who previously served as a principal deputy assistant secretary in Mrs. Clinton’s State Department."

Dribble would report back to Victoria Nuland in the State Dept
Nuland was assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs from September 2013 until January 2017.

Nuland is also a nonresident senior fellow at the Brookings Institution,

Nuland's husband is Robert Kagan

Robert Kagan is a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and a contributing columnist for The Post.

Brookings Institution - Benjamin Wittes, Fiona Hill, Igor Danchenko, Strobe Talbott

One week after the Downer mtg w Papadopoulos, Robert Kagan writes an opinion piece in the Wash Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com...1e66333e7_story.html

18 May 2016 by Robert Kagan

This is how fascism comes to America

"A mass political movement is thus a powerful and, to those who would oppose it, frightening weapon. When controlled and directed by a single leader, it can be aimed at whomever the leader chooses. If someone criticizes or opposes the leader, it doesn’t matter how popular or admired that person has been. He might be a famous war hero, but if the leader derides and ridicules his heroism, the followers laugh and jeer. He might be the highest-ranking elected guardian of the party’s most cherished principles. But if he hesitates to support the leader, he faces political death."

"Today, less than 5 percent of eligible voters have voted for Trump. But if he wins the election, his legions will likely comprise a majority of the nation. Imagine the power he would wield then.

In addition to all that comes from being the leader of a mass following, he would also have the immense powers of the American presidency at his command: the Justice Department, the FBI, the intelligence services , the military. Who would dare to oppose him then? "

"This is how fascism comes to America"

Think about those words above. Those words from Brookings Institution are exactly what obama did.
The Justice Dept, the FBI, the intelligence services

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
There was a reason why both Brennan and Clapper endorsed her.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I'll beat the horse one last time about Comey's recent testimony

What a lying POS

It is so infuriating to listen to this liar keep saying he doesn't remember anything while he still talks about FBI integrity.

Based on pure fabrication by a Russian clown show, Comey told President Trump that there was a story of a sex tape being used to blackmail Trump. And that the news media were waiting "for a hook" to run w the story. Within two business days after telling Trump that, Comey and his coconspirators gave the media the leaked "hook" to run w the Russian misinformation.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
SDY, I followed the hearing yesterday through the tweets of Mollie Hemingway and Sean Davis (I refused to watch). I had to stop because my blood began to boil (again).

What I found was a man who was either so disconnected from reality that he needs to be clinically evaluated, or a man that knows he will never face any consequences for his actions.

Time will tell I suppose.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Federalist co-founder Sean Davis reports that CIA Director Gina Haspel is blocking releasing and declassifying critical documents related to Obama’s FBI surveilling the Trump campaign in 2016

George Papadopoulos:

Of course she is. Mifsud, Downer, the CIA, DIA, Halper, “Azra Turk,” and more all “bumped” into me in London. Who was CIA station chief in London at the time? Gina Haspel. She is trying to cover up the UK and Australia’s role with the CIA. Expose it!

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Professor Jonathan Turley is one of the preeminent attorneys in Washington. Here’s his take on Comey’s testimony.

quote:
Comey was asked about an intelligence report suggesting that Hillary Clinton personally approved an effort “to stir up a scandal against U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump by tying him to Putin and the Russians’ hacking of the Democratic National Committee.” The report was reportedly sufficiently serious to be included in a briefing of President Barack Obama. However, when asked about his knowledge, Comey again shrugged and said it “didn’t ring a bell.” That’s it.

The fact is that the allegation against Clinton (like the one against Trump that launched the Russian investigation) was unverified and could be legitimately questioned. There is a fair question on why the FBI went all in on one allegation and not the other. When asked “did you have a duty to look at any allegations regarding Clinton in Russia?” Comey simply replied “I don’t know what you mean.”

Jonathan Turley on James Comey Testimony

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
DC Legal Circles Rumor Says Member of Mueller’s Prosecution Team Has “Flipped” for Durham

Posted at 7:26 pm on October 1, 2020 by Shipwreckedcrew

https://www.redstate.com/shipw...-flipped-for-durham/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
It should not be hard for Trump to verify this if true. Then he needs to fire her.

Intel Sources: CIA Director Gina Haspel Banking On Trump Loss To Keep Russiagate Documents Hidden

Haspel is hoping Trump loses his re-election bid so she can run out the clock on Russiagate document declassifications, multiple intelligence community officials told The Federalist.

https://thefederalist.com/2020...te-documents-hidden/

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Trump NEEDS to fire her ass Pronto! Mad

How much downtime has former Acting DNI Richard Grenell had since he stepped down...He would be good replacement in the CIA Director role! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
It’s far more important for Haspel to block any embarrassment of herself or her agency than to have full transparency and accountability,” another senior intelligence official told The Federalist. “She’s just hoping she can get past the election so the documents will never come out.”

I've been told (by a former FBI agent) that managers are afraid that negative disclosures of a major nature could lead to the "destruction" of their agency, and that provides them with the motivation to delay, obstruct access to, or destroy evidence. Personally, I think that's a BS excuse, rather than based upon facts. Those actions aren't in the interest of the nation or it's citizens. They're self-serving.

Agencies like the CIA and FBI do serve important purposes for our country, but can also be misused to it's detriment. What makes the difference is how accountable these organizations are to those they're supposed to serve. If the culture of the organization doesn't place accountability as the foundation of it's culture, it has to be changed. The KGB certainly wasn't accountable to the citizens of the USSR, it only answered to the top echelon of the Communist Party. Our nation is supposed to be far different than that and any President worth his or her salt needs to demonstrate that distinction, if he or she takes that oath of office seriously.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I can't open Conservative Treehouse blog

just me ?

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I can't open Conservative Treehouse blog

just me ?

From Conservative Treehouse:
"Hello, this is Stella here.

We are making note of all of the problems that you are reporting either here or via email.

It appears that WordPress continues to work on the site. At the moment, it seems that all posts made since October 2 are missing, and that some of you are having trouble accessing the site at all.

It is possible that Sundance has heard from WordPress. I am sure that he will explain what is happening/will happen as soon as he knows something and is free to make a post.

In the meantime, please do your best, as we are doing!"

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
The desktop website seems to be going back to theconservativetreehouse.com.

Mobile is still going to the staging site: theconservativetreehouse.wpcomstaging.com

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
details from mbinky link to the Federalist story:

"Officials also accused Haspel of repeatedly lying to the White House about the status of documents that are in the pipeline for declassification and release. These officials said that Haspel has consistently provided baseless excuses for her failure to produce certain documents, falsely claiming that she can’t physically locate documents, or that her agency doesn’t technically own them and therefore cannot release them.

“Haspel has repeatedly lied to the president about the status of documents to be declassified,” one intelligence community source said. “She will claim they don’t know where they are, or which agency technically owns them, and then we’ll find out she had them the entire time and just didn’t want them to see the light of day.”

“The frustration with Haspel is reaching nuclear levels,” one official said, noting that White House and top U.S. intelligence community officials have been taken aback by the ferocity of Haspel’s refusal to release documents."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://dailycaller.com/2020/1...ication-coronavirus/

President Donald Trump is working to declassify documents related to the Russia investigation while he recovers from coronavirus at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, his chief of staff said Monday.

“This morning we’ve already had a couple of discussions on items that he wants to get done,” Mark Meadows, the chief of staff, said in an interview on “Fox & Friends.”

“Candidly, he’s already tasked me with getting declassification rolling in a follow up to some of the requests that Devin Nunes and others have made.”

Nunes, who was briefed by Ratcliffe last week along with other lawmakers, said the intelligence contained “smoking guns” that should be made public.

“From what I understand, there’s even more underlying evidence that backs up what Director Ratcliffe put out,” he said on Fox News.

“We want every damn bit of evidence that every intelligence agency has or it’s maybe time to shut those agencies down,” Nunes said.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

“We’re getting additional insight into Russian activites from [REDACTED],” Brennan’s handwritten notes state. “Cite alleged approval by Hillary Clinton–on 26 July–of a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisers to villify [sic] Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by the Russian security services.”

The CIA referral declassified and released by Ratcliffe shows that it was personally addressed to both Comey and Strzok. Because the CIA does not have legal authority to police domestic matters, it informed the FBI of the agency’s concerns about potential Russian knowledge of Clinton campaign’s plan to smear Trump as a Russian asset, especially given the FBI’s ongoing counterintelligence investigation of the Trump campaign. Not only did the FBI refuse to investigate whether the Russians were using the Clinton campaign to interfere in the 2016 national election, but Comey also claimed last week that he knew nothing whatsoever about the CIA investigative referral.

During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the matter last week, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) asked Comey point blank whether he remembered receiving a referral from the CIA personally addressed to him. Comey claimed that he had zero recollection of the CIA asking him to investigate whether the Clinton campaign was potentially compromised by Russian disinformation artists.

“That doesn’t ring any bells with me,” Comey claimed under oath.

“You don’t recall this inquiry I just read about September 2016?” Graham followed up, referring to the CIA referral sent to Comey on Sept. 7, 2016.

“No, as I said it doesn’t…It doesn’t sound familiar,” Comey again claimed.

Following a lengthy investigation of FBI abuses of power under Comey’s watch, the Deparment of Justice (DOJ) Office of Inspector General (OIG) concluded in its summary report that Comey had repeatedly violated FBI policies and cast a cloud over the entire bureau, damaging its reputation and that of its 35,000 employees.

“Comey set a dangerous example,” the reported stated. Although the OIG referred Comey to DOJ for criminal investigation and potential prosecution, DOJ ultimately refused to hold Comey accountable. Comey’s deputy, Andrew McCabe, was similarly referred for criminal investigation after he repeatedly lied to DOJ officials under oath, but DOJ also refused to prosecute McCabe for lying under oath.

One of Comey’s attorneys at the FBI and a member of former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s legal team recently pleaded guilty to charges of fabricating evidence in an application to spy on former Trump campaign affiliate Carter Page.

https://thefederalist.com/2020....X3zDLFJAhuh.twitter

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post