SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you a windows down in the vehicle kind of person??
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a windows down in the vehicle kind of person?? Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Usually have the driver's window down or cracked and the rear window slider open or cracked. Even in crazy cold weather I'l drive this way with the defroster and foot well vents for the heater blasting.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, windows are up in my Pilot (and other vehicles before it). Same with my wife. I like the A/C (it is Florida after all) and I like my Western Swing and very old country music (50s-early 60s) off Pandora. Don't want to hear your music or your conversations.

If it's cool, the windows are up, too, and the heat may be on slightly. Prefer the relative quiet, the lack of smells of smoke and auto exhaust.

As a young police man, we always had the windows down, need to hear what was going on.

But that was fifty years plus ago. Nope, comfort not wind is my preference.

And at home the windows have never, as far as I know, been opened to the air in the 18+ years we've lived in this house. We have air for most of the year with a heat pump for those few cold days.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I was, but have some high frequency hearing loss in my left ear because of it. Driving back and forth between Florida and Minnesota in two days each way. I still do when the weather is right for short, low speed trips.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love it but I've found myself leaving the windows up more often. The tinted windows help my migraines in immeasurable ways, so I tend to leave the "shields" up when I do drive these days.

I definitely find myself compromising by cracking the windows for a bit then closing them.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post