SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you a windows down in the vehicle kind of person??
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a windows down in the vehicle kind of person?? Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Depends on speed, temps & what’s going on. I like fresh air, though just cuz the window is down, may not be all that fresh.

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I am a windows down guy, my wife is not Big Grin

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1732 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Fresh air is key to happy driving. Even on the highway in inclement weather, I'll usually have them cracked (down to the level of my Weathertech deflectors). Temperature is unimportant. That's what A/C and heat are for. At lower speeds, I'll have at least mine down as long as it's not raining.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Only at in-town speeds.

One reason I wear hearing aids is wind noise from pre-AC days. My left ear is significantly worse than my right ear.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15234 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Only at in-town speeds.

One reason I wear hearing aids is wind noise from pre-AC days. My left ear is significantly worse than my right ear.

Yup. Truckers ear. I spent a good portion of my career patrolling with windows down and my left ear is pretty much shot because of it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I do like windows down but not on the Highway. I can’t stand diesel fumes.

Posts: 45375 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Windows, pants....yes it's all good.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m a windows down gal, husband not. My kid hangs his head out the window like a dog if he can get away with it.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Depends! In the summertime on the highway AC on, front windows up and rear ones down about an inch. Cruising around in town, windows are down. Wintertime around here, they be up!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
No, I learned that riding around with the windows down let’s all the AC out.

Same ^^^
I love a spotless vehicle inside & out .
Weather make’s keeping the exterior a challenge at times as I can’t control that but I can keep most of the dust & dirt out of the interior by using the A/C & heat.

I get all the wind I need while on my Harleys. Wink

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
On a real cool fall morning or winter morning. When I'd ride to work. I'd put the seat warmers on and windows down.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8854 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Only at in-town speeds.

Ed Zackery. Same here for years, before I lost almost all hearing.

I have been driving since the 1950's. I think my first air-conditioned car was a 1973 Citroën.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
In the city, windows up due to other cars with loud music or motorcycles that roar away from stop lights. You can feel the hearing damage from those.

On peaceful country roads, driver's side window down, arm resting on the sill.

Freeway, have the passenger side window open at least a few inches, all the way if weather permits. Usually too much blast to have the driver's side window even cracked.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely a windows down guy. If the weather and speed allow: They're down. Unless my wife's in the car, then not.

If I had a sun roof: That'd be open, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Highlander - windows up
S2000 - windows and top down

Winner
On those rare perfect days, I'll drop the windows & open the pano roof on the Explorer, but that's exceptionally rare in Houston.

Once the Midget is on the road, top down, windows down unless it's raining. And then, it'll be parked.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Driver's window down in my Jeep, weather permitting. My wife never puts hers down and I really don't care. Same thing off road, so my interior is always dusty.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I drive with the sunroof in the “popped up” position in all conditions and most temperatures. I will only close it when it gets below 10 degrees.

I keep one or both of the back windows down until the temperature gets down into the 30s.

And, yes, it annoys the wife. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Windows down in nice weather until about 40 mph.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Once the Midget is on the road, top down, windows down unless it's raining. And then, it'll be parked.

Say, when we gonna see some midget pictures... Big Grin

SUV/s Windows are down on cool days, slow speeds, not so much on highways.

Motorcycle, no windows, get all the wind you need....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Say, when we gonna see some midget pictures...

I'm sure he's taken them, but they keep being deleted from his device by Dark Lord Lucas.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post