SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you a windows down in the vehicle kind of person??
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a windows down in the vehicle kind of person?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Not much more in life do I enjoy than cruising in a vehicle with the windows down.
If it is above 50 degrees outside and not raining I have the windows down. I have been known to have the windows down even in the 30s or 40s seat heater on low and heat on the floor pretty high.
My wife hates having the windows down so if she is riding well no windows down. If the kids are in the vehicle it’s more like 60 for windows down.

My Tundra has the full roll down rear glass which is outstanding! On the interstate you have that down and wind noise is very minimal one can still have music and a conversation.

Not a big sunroof or convertible fan however.
Had a 1996 Mustang GT Convertible through college which was great. After that it lost its luster and I sold it.
I waffled when buying it over a hard top and wish I would have bought the hard top as I would still own it today.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
No, I learned that riding around with the windows down let’s all the AC out.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Windows up and the AC almost always on, even in the winter for humidity control.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I absolutely am. In fact one of my greatest pleasures in life is cruising around on a nice cool night with the windows down listening to music. I try to find nice backwoods roads to cruise along so I don’t have to turn the music down at stoplights like I do in town.

In my almost 30 years of vehicle ownership I’ve only had a primary vehicle with working A/C for about 10. My current vehicle doesn’t have it and hasn’t for a little over a year.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
In my truck, it's windows down for me & the dogs.

In my wife's Jeep, the windows have to be up. No breeze or fresh air allowed.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
I like window down heater on and this way everyone can hear my America and The Doors CD.

And I always have the AC on whether the heater is on or not.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Depends upon if I've been to the beauty parlor that day.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks dorky if the windows are up and the top is down on the Corvette. LOL!

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2891 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Top down if it isn't raining and temperature above 55.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1559 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
No. After non-A/C - or non-working A/C - cars, I want no part of my windows down. I can adjust the temperature wherever I want it, and no racket.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
In warm weather, yes. I like to drive with my left arm vertical in the open window. A few years ago, my dermatologist noticed my left arm was well tanned, and when I told him why, he said “Well, job security for me!” I know I shouldn’t do it, but I’ve been doing it since I was old enough to drive a long time ago. In my wife’s car, only if I’m driving it alone. She has a sunroof that she never opens. Tsk, tsk.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here it snows through the open windows. That said, I put vent visors on all my vehicles which quiets the airflow for an enhanced open window cruise.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
In my youth, yes.

These days, I much prefer a quiet cabin.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Highlander - windows up
S2000 - windows and top down

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Window down, heater on if need be. It was a much more civil society when most drivers had their windows down.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8348 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I suspect it depends on climate and speed. For me, on the freeway (barring lousy traffic) windows up at least most of the way to mitigate noise. On the ranch or surface streets, windows down is nice, but that’s in CA with wussy weather. On those rare occasions (well not so rare lately) when the angels are either crying or urinating, windows most of the way up.

ETA: In my youth I had a ‘69 El Camino with electric windows, but hand crank wind wings. Those were bitchen on road trips. Driver’s wind wing cranked wide open for a jet of cold air in the face, heater on the feet as needed to avoid freezing. I miss wind wings!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I delivered newspapers all night for years. Window down in the freezing cold and rain. I HATE wind I keep my windows up now.

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another whose had more vehicles without A/C than with. Windows down is pretty much my SOP if it's over 60. Might explain why I can't hear too well.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Not usually on the highway, but sometimes. Around town? Yeah, I typically have the windows down. My wife and daughters hate it though so if I have passengers in my jeep, they usually have to be up.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I can't be in a vehicle with closed windows. They are at a minimum cracked, if weather allows open. Moon roof on any cool summer evening.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post