SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you a windows down in the vehicle kind of person??
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a windows down in the vehicle kind of person?? Login/Join 
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Our only car is a convertible. Top down whenever possible if there's no rain or snow falling. The exception is a busy highway because of noise.

My personal vehicle is a motorcycle. I ride as long as there's nothing frozen on the road.

Posts: 9452 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Window down and radio up unless in a city, which is not very often. I don't like AC unless it is very hot.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Say, when we gonna see some midget pictures...

I'm sure he's taken them, but they keep being deleted from his device by Dark Lord Lucas.
Big Grin Funny now, not so much when I owned a Triumph!

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Driver's window down weather permitting unless my wife is in the car than they have to be up. An occasional fart, though, and I can roll them down until it clears.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I like the window(s) at least partially rolled down, for the fresh air, even on a cold day. On warm summer days, not only do the side windows come down, but my '93 4Runner has the old-style roll down rear window. It's like driving around in an open-air gazebo.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
Windows down…

Posts: 258 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in MN - windows down until it's about 70 - then the humidity sucks enough that I prefer AC.

In the spring when the temps start to warm it's wonderful driving with the windows open. It was a sunny 39 on tuesday and I had the window open on the truck (and rear slider window open). I saw quite a few others doing the same.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not all the time, but when the weather is right there is nothing better than the windows down and stereo cranking.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Kinda both. I like to have a window cracked even if AC is on.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Windows down - Beautiful day, low humidity, driving around town

Windows up - Really hot, really humid, or on the freeway.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a nice cool breezy day-windows down. Unfortunately down here in Florida, there are not many days like that.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
When driving our two labs around, I have to have the back windows of the pickup down, or the windows would be covered with dog slobber. I don't mind washing the truck, but I hate cleaning windows.Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Windows down and radio off!! Been this way forever.

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
One need not roll windows down to get fresh air. Any car can admit fresh air through its vents. When using A/C, don't select "max" as this is the recirculate setting. This also has the benefit of the evaporator not stinking up. Some HVACs default to fresh when a defroster setting is used, and won't allow recirculate mode.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In mild weather I will open the driver's window a little. If a Harley-Davidson is alongside I'll open it all the way so I can hear it better. Smile

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Except for the long distance expressway cruising I’m windows down. The Jeep spends the summer without doors.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 332 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At work driver’s side window down. At least to a point. Even on midnight shift w/ -20 below and snow blowing around. It will be down a little.

I know it sounds cheesy but, you can hear, smell, and feel the surroundings at work that way.

Windows up and heater/AC blowing you miss a lot.

On my own time in my own vehicles. Driver’s side window open at least a little unless on long highway road trip.

Posts: 4059 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Generally only if one of the dogs is with me, he likes the window open. I was cruising down a highway one day. A big wasp smacked into the drivers side mirror, and bounced into the car and down the front of my shirt. The impact had killed it instantly, but I didn't know that. You can imagine the frantic activity on my part to pull over and tear my shirt off. Eek

Since then I tend to leave the windows up.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
When I got my first Crewmax Tundra I thought the back window would just be a gimmick but I love having that window down. Driver's door window down with the back window and the cabin is surprisingly quiet. It's kinda nice to flex at a red light with a Chevy or Ford behind you too.

Posts: 3457 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
At work driver’s side window down. At least to a point. Even on midnight shift w/ -20 below and snow blowing around. It will be down a little.

I know it sounds cheesy but, you can hear, smell, and feel the surroundings at work that way.

Not cheesy at all you are 100% correct. I always have the window at least cracked when working.
Especially at night.

quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
When I got my first Crewmax Tundra I thought the back window would just be a gimmick but I love having that window down. Driver's door window down with the back window and the cabin is surprisingly quiet. It's kinda nice to flex at a red light with a Chevy or Ford behind you too.

Forget the resale value and reliability of the Tundra over the other big 3.
The added cost of a Tundra compared to a similarly equipped Ram, Ford, or Chevy that roll down window is worth EVERY PENNY.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post