SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Look out Jeep! Watch your back Bronco. The Land Cruiser is BACK BABY!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Look out Jeep! Watch your back Bronco. The Land Cruiser is BACK BABY!!! Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
If they made one without all the electronic doodads, I would be interested. Part of the fun of the original Jeeps, Broncos, Scouts, and Land Cruisers was hosing them off including the inside. Another part of the fun was being able to fix what you broke with a basic set of tools.

Posts: 10986 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
That 4 cylinder nonsense is gayer than jizz on a mustache.

Posts: 9975 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Isn't that just a Toyota grill photoshopped onto an existing vehicle? lol

No matter, it will be 90% more than I'm willing to pay and have none of the reasons I'd want to buy a Land Cruiser. Same reason I have no interest in new Jeeps. (or "Broncos")

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Call me when they bring back the International Scout.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You guys know it’s ok to not be negative all the time.

I bet if you actually drove a new turbo hybrid Toyota it would shock the shit out of you. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21118 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
That 4 cylinder nonsense is gayer than jizz on a mustache.

Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24145 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bet if you actually drove a new turbo hybrid Toyota it would shock the shit out of you. Smile

Your right I haven't driven one.
How would you compare it to the old 3.5 Sienna's.
Do you think the hybrid will still be hanging in there at 200k?

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Nope. Land Cruiser is dead to me. I’m a former FJ40 owner.

This thing is made for getting groceries and is a Land Cruiser is name only. IMO, it is a weak “re-introduction” of a classic that only a marketing department could love.

0:01

Posts: 4214 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
You guys know it’s ok to not be negative all the time.

I care about two things, reliability and ability to tow a medium sized boat. No hybrid is shocking me.

Posts: 9975 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'll be the one person who doesn't shit on your thread. I like it!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20834 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
That's not a Land Cruiser, This is a Land Cruiser!

Yup. My first LC was almost identical to this one.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
From what I understand, you'll have to be quick if you want the round headlamps with decent options.

They will start off that way (first edition?), but the later version will have the square lights so it will look like an uninspired driving appliance with the fancy trim options.

Doesn't matter as some will buy anything blessed by Saint Kiichiro and it will make them happy. If it does, more power to 'em.

Not sure if they'll decide to play engine noises over the radio so it will sound better like Ford. Possibly a firewall diaphragm like the Benz? Haven't heard.

I like that they are bringing the LC back, but I can't look at it and not think of an X-Terra with a Bronco front clip.

Posts: 9164 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Not sure if they'll decide to play engine noises over the radio so it will sound better like Ford.

The new Tundras with the twin turbo V6 do the same thing.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
the modern LC FC or whatever that was disco'ed was basically a Tacoma

the Toyota Land Cruiser turned into a Luxo Barge, not that that was a bad thing, but it was more Lexus than Land Cruiser

and thanks (read that sarcasticly with a good smile) for the reminder,
I need to upgrade from a Civic to a SUV for my business, and was looking at RAV4's,, now, I may need to go test drive some Japanese market stuff

https://www.japaneseclassics.c...3-land-cruiser-vx-l/

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Not sure if they'll decide to play engine noises over the radio so it will sound better like Ford.

The new Tundras with the twin turbo V6 do the same thing.

Mini Cooper did the same as well

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This turbo 4 hybrid can tow 2500 lbs more than my 3.5L V6 Sienna.

I bitched about the hybrid Sienna until I drove one. I was wrong about it and it surprised the hell out of me. It is MUCH faster than my Sienna and considerably better on gas too.

The 6,000 lb towing capacity of this is better than our Highlander limited by 1,000 lbs. A new boat is the priority but I could definitely see this replacing our Highlander. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21118 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
I've owned multiple LCs and love them. But I have no interest in a 4 cylinder hybrid LC. They need to offer the twin-turbo 6 cylinder gas option for the US market. See below.

https://global.toyota/en/newsr...toyota/35758437.html
I’m with you. No thanks on a turbo four in a heavy brick shaped vehicle. Sure if you mash the throttle it will do great but rear work fuel economy will be terrible.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Jeep has never stopped doing it.

Ford just showed you how to do it.

Toyota misses the penalty kick into an open net wide right. LOL. It’s an iconic brand and they do THIS? Great relaunch Toyota. Really great.

I don’t think Jeep or Bronco will be watching anything except their sales going up up and up.

0:01

Posts: 4214 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excuse my ignorance , but I have a question . Is there any advantage to having a turbo when you're chugging along a muddy trail in the boonies ?

Posts: 4064 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Are you serious?

How would you make acceptable power and torque with increasing emission regulations?

Do you think Toyota is making turbo hybrids for the hell of it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~