SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My nephew was drafted by the Atlanta Braves
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My nephew was drafted by the Atlanta Braves Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Smile, Bruce, baseball's back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca8DfCwOok_/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Wednesday afternoon Orioles game thread: vs. Rays, 1:05

Opening Day is nine days away. Until then, it’s Grapefruit League time. The Orioles are on MASN this afternoon.

Bruce is pitching.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked him up for my fantasy team. Looks like he had 3 good innings today.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
I picked him up for my fantasy team. Looks like he had 3 good innings today.

That's cool Smile
3IP, 1 hit, 1 run, 2 SO

-rduckwor

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'm psyched over at least one thing this year. Another one of my youth players starts his MLB career (hopefully). Logan Gilbert (Right Handed Pitcher) will be toeing the mound for the Mariners this season. The Mariners have brought him along slowly over the past couple years, which is great, and I hope Logan has a fantastic season this year. Fun facts. Logan and my son played on the same 12 year old team that visited Cooperstown several years ago. Logan didn't start pitching until he got to college. Knock them dead young man. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Logan Gilbert (Right Handed Pitcher) will be toeing the mound for the Mariners this season.

-rduckwor

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
54 years later, another Maryland native starts O's home opener

Zachary Silver

SARASOTA, Fla. -- Left-hander Bruce Zimmermann, a native of Ellicott City, Md., and a graduate of Loyola Blakefield High School in Towson, was asked this spring what it would mean to get the nod for the Orioles’ home opener, set for Monday against the Brewers.

Zimmermann said he couldn’t look that far ahead. He first needed to worry about making the team.

Sometimes you can accomplish two things at once.

O’s manager Brandon Hyde, as he announced the club’s Opening Day roster, revealed that Zimmermann not only cracked the rotation, but the Maryland native would get the responsibility of starting his first career home opener -- possibly the only honor more meaningful to him than getting the start on Opening Day itself.

“It adds a little extra something,” Hyde said. “It's extra special being from the area, he’s going to have a lot of friends and family there. But it's cool to give him the news. He's going to make the home opener -- that's a special moment.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/bruce...-orioles-home-opener

-rduckwor

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That is really cool. Talk about pressure. Eek I'm sure he'll handle it well. He's come a long way since you started this narrative.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Bruce Zimmermann excited to make home opener start at Camden Yards

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2RZ6kTx2I4w

-rduckwor

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Wow. What a journey.

Congratulations!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Bruce Zimmermann excited to make home opener start at Camden Yards
One of my favorite MLB parks by a mile. Bruce is gonna love standing on that mound. Hope he kills it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So awesome! Hope he has a great career here.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Chellim1, I am going to opening day!

Gonna try to get a "Howdy" in for you and the Missus.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That’s really fantastic!

“He first needed to worry about making the team.” Sounds like he’s worked on his interviews.

“Crash Davis:
It's time to work on your interviews.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh:
My interviews? What do I gotta do?

Crash Davis:
You're gonna have to learn your clichés. You're gonna have to study them, you're gonna have to know them. They're your friends. Write this down: "We gotta play it one day at a time."

Bull Durham

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
Chellim1, I am going to opening day!
Gonna try to get a "Howdy" in for you and the Missus.

That’s awesome! Have fun!
… and bring home a winner!

-rduckwor

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good start, Bruce!
3 up, 3 down. 1 K in the first...
And another scoreless 2nd. Good slider for the K to end the inning.
Got into a bit of trouble in the third. Gave up a two out double and a couple of walks but got out of it without damage.
2-0 O's.
Another scoreless 4th!
Center fielder made a great play to save a run.
2-0 O's.
They brought in Baumann to start the 5th... so Bruce is done for the day.
Great day, Bruce!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

-rduckwor

Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Bruce pitched a helluva game. 4 innings 3 hits and 0 runs.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
He is getting it done. Way to go Bruce!

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Bruce Zimmermann on starting the O's home opener

... and his parents:

Marcie and Bruce Zimmermann before their son's home opener start

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
Wow. From 5th round pick 5 years ago, traded organizations to opening day starter. That’s awesome. So cool. Glad the O’s had faith in him. I hope he stays healthy and gets the mega contract.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post