SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Visit To My Favorite LGS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Visit To My Favorite LGS Login/Join 
Picture of GASIGnut
posted Hide Post
Great story and history Mars_Attacks. Before I moved way north, out of Atlanta years ago, I spent a lot of time at the Cobb/ Marietta civic center gun shows, buying up GA Arms ammo. Even back before the lines started circling the parking lot just to get into the gun show. Wish I had known about the gun shop you mention back then. Sounds like the best place on earth right about now.
Keep spreading the word and keep that family in business man!

~ take advantage of today, & have no regrets
Carry On

Posts: 339 | Location: Apalachicola, FL | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is a good story, well told.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I visited them again today to pick up some supplies for the soon to be Bird Brothers Big Bang BBQ.

I spoke with them about SigForum members dropping by in plague proportions and they owner said the more the merrier.

The name of the shop is Deercreek Gun Shop off Franklin Road in Marietta, GA.

I figured we could go by there very early and then make the pilgrimage up to the cockatoo farm for BBQ and shooting.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34118 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a nice place.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are some nice places like this around but they are becoming more rare. I have a couple local shops by me that seem to treat me right and I have had no complaints. Thanks for sharing the story.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
This story reminds me of Tumlin Battery in Flowery Branch. Been there since the 1960’s I guess and is still ran by the original owner. He has to be close to 80 years old. Good people.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this shop. They did the barrel clean up (cut/crown) on my Turk Mauser. It was good work.

Walking in is certainly a step back in time.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great shop.

My favorite gunstore, Ron Petersons in Albuquerque since 1968 closed its doors last fall.
The owners health was declining his family didnt want to run the store.
Now the family is selling the remaining guns online.
Damn shame I really enjoyed goimg there.

Mars hopefully your store remains in buisness.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great story Mars. Knew you were talking about Pat at Deer Creek right away. He is the man responsible for my love of cap and ball pistols since I was a teenager. He also verified a 61 Navy I was about to buy was a very well done fake!! I grew up not too many miles away from that store and spent many Saturday mornings pestering him and his son talking powder, building rifles, and all things black powder. Moved away 20 years ago and dont get by there too much anymore, and sure do miss it. One of the last good old school gunshops.

Still waters run deep, so careful I don't drown you.

Posts: 146 | Location: Grantville, Ga | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 66tas:
Great story Mars. Knew you were talking about Pat at Deer Creek right away. He is the man responsible for my love of cap and ball pistols since I was a teenager. He also verified a 61 Navy I was about to buy was a very well done fake!! I grew up not too many miles away from that store and spent many Saturday mornings pestering him and his son talking powder, building rifles, and all things black powder. Moved away 20 years ago and dont get by there too much anymore, and sure do miss it. One of the last good old school gunshops.

You should come to the SC BBQ and Shoot we hold at my place.(Dawsonville/Amicalola)
It'll be a good day trip.
I'm into cap and ball myself!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39756 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
You should come to the SC BBQ and Shoot we hold at my place.(Dawsonville/Amicalola)

Is this going to be a open event like in the past?

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yes it is as always.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34118 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post