SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The dumbest/ most simple reason you will not by a specific product
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The dumbest/ most simple reason you will not by a specific product Login/Join 
posted
Im not talking about because its made in china or they made some political comment.

A product you would buy but dont because of a certain reason that has nothing to do with the quality of the product.

I will not buy crest toothpaste because it has a screw on cap, I like flip tops.

I also will not buy body wash that does not have a flat top so it can sit upside down for easy dispensing.

Posts: 5419 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
I would never buy an otherwise great Music Man bass because of their 3 + 1 headstock configuration.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
gpbst3, both your examples are actually quite valid reasons, in my opinion. I do the same.

I didn’t buy Fruit of the Loom underwear initially because I had a hard time pronouncing the name as a recent Korean immigrant. In the ensuing 44 years my English got better, but I still get Hanes.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
General Motors.

Because the last nine years that I worked in dealership parts departments I got so fed up with how they did things post bankruptcy.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8110 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
If the commercial is silly stupid I assume the product must be for that kind of market.
Don't belong there nor I let others treat me like a moron.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12120 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
This is a tough one. Apparently all my choices are well reasoned.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
I would not buy a Chevy truck because the right front driving light is burnt out on a lot of their vehicles for like a decade so if they can't fix that what else is screwed up?

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I won't buy a Springfield with "grip zone" written on it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
John Deere. About 60 years ago my grandfather had some problem with a John Deere on his farm, and as a child I always heard how bad John Deere was, so to this day I avoid everything John Deere.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccwguy
posted Hide Post
Because of their stupid commercials. Progressive - Flo and Jamie, Liberty Mutual - Liberty Biberty and the stupid guy with the emu. They have to realize that after sssooooo long the law of diminishing returns has kicked in.

Posts: 54 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won’t buy any toothpaste that lacks a manly screw-on top.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I will not buy body wash because, well, it's just not manly.
When they phase out bar soap, I guess I'll just stop bathing.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccwguy:
Because of their stupid commercials. Progressive - Flo and Jamie, Liberty Mutual - Liberty Biberty and the stupid guy with the emu. They have to realize that after sssooooo long the law of diminishing returns has kicked in.

Amazing how marketing people came up with the "we customize so you don't pay for what you don't need". I can see a presentation by a young enthusiastic marketing person where everyone else is looking at each other and saying, "but all insurance is sold that way, and we are not doing anything different".

How do you like the Progressive Motaur commercials? Weird, but memorable.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't buy a PPQ M2 or VP9 with the button mag release. German plastic must have paddles!

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if it has a stupid or an annoying ad, no matter how 'good' the product might be, I'm not getting it

Progressive Insurance, Liberty Mutual and Geico come to mind immediately, but honestly just about every other ad on TV is just as clueless or panders to the least common denominator

you want me to buy your product, then don't insult my intelligence

Posts: 53194 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I won't buy a handgun that has a warning label stamped into the frame. Such as the Beretta's with " Read Manual Before Use" stamped into the dust cover.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to avoid products because of stupid commercials. Now, I DVR everything and skip thru them. Makes life less stressful.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Might be specific to me, but I won’t buy “sherbert” or “expresso”, nor “dairy free” sherbet, ice cream, etc.

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'd never consider buying anything from an unsolicited email. Or buy anything from an ad on Youtube.

The other day at work I looked at a product on the Brownells site. Later that day I got the "Need a better look" email from them with the link to the product. I ordered it from another company and emailed Brownells telling them I had and why.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
But wait there's more - Just pay separate S&H
Here we go -

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post