SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DC District Court judge forces the WH to re-new Acosta's credentials.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC District Court judge forces the WH to re-new Acosta's credentials. Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted
Federal judge in DC is forcing the Whitehouse to give that ass Acosta his press credentials back. It's unbelievable just how deep the swamp is in that town. Mad

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The judge was appointed by Trump as well.

I don't really understand how it violates his 1st and 5th amendment rights.

I don't have a White House press pass, does that violate my rights?

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, if they just don't ever call on him to ask questions, will that violate his rights as well? Will a judge order Sarah Sanders and President Trump to call on him?

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Then I demand my press pass too. Otherwise my rights have been violated.

Any forum lawyers wish to take my case?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15722 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Here's the horse Acosta rode in on...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Deny him access anyway. Cite national security. State that it is classified. Keep him out.

Have the intern file an assault charge. #MeToo

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
The judge was appointed by Trump as well.

I don't really understand how it violates his 1st and 5th amendment rights.

I don't have a White House press pass, does that violate my rights?

I don't get it either. Trump isn't restricting CNN's ability to be represented, just an abusive reporter. I hope the administration pursues this to a higher court.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see Trump yank all of CNN's WH credentials as part of a larger argument (before a higher court) that no company has a right to WH access just because they claim to be a new org. They already have limited seating in the briefing room and because of that have pool reporters that share with those who aren't in the rotation. The event where Acosta fought for the mic was not in that room, but the principle here is the same. If the POTUS can't control access to the WH, WTF can?

Posts: 3542 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
Also, if they just don't ever call on him to ask questions, will that violate his rights as well? Will a judge order Sarah Sanders and President Trump to call on him?

Just ignore him it would be worse that the ban for him.

Posts: 22923 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Maybe a group of conservatives should follow Acosta around day and night yelling and blowing whistles at him til he either leaves town or kills himself.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I predict the MSM will have a formal dinner and invent a new "Defender of the 1st Amendment" award for Acosta. Keynote speaker will be Dan Rather.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The courts have been ruining this country for a few decades now.

Posts: 12699 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do away with Daily Briefings and Press Conferences.

There is no need for either of these anymore.

The President can accept questions in writing and give answers in writing if he wants to continue to interact with the press (fake news).

He can get his message out there and speak directly with the American people by simply tweeting, releasing videos on YouTube (or other platforms), publishing information on the White House website, holding rallies, etc.

He can also selectively give interviews to individual reporters and networks.

The press will report on these official statements and releases because they would have nothing else (except slimy anonymous sources).

I suspect he will not do this because he enjoys battling with and making reporters look stupid. But, doing the above will quickly show these assholes how irrelevant they really are and probably make them change their combative ways (if they want to actually ask a direct question of the President).

The "Boz"

Posts: 1533 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable is right.

Maybe it should have been handled like an HR problem.
First misbehavior, warning.
Second misbehavior, written admonishment, with consequences spelled out.

Third transgression, FIRED , and CNN invited to send a civilized adult reporter.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15901 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The problem with the POTUS not being allowed to control access to the WH is that those with credentials can come in and walk around, talking to anyone who will see them. I don't know how strict it is in the West Wing these days, but remember that Bob Woodward met Deep Throat while sitting next to him in a waiting area there, while waiting for his appointment. Lots of great info to be gotten there without attending a press briefing. And we all know there are plenty of leakers in the WH. Their stock has probably just risen.

Posts: 3542 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This judge wasn't vetted very well I'd say. I hope the rest of his appointments aren't as moronic.

Jim

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately there is precedent already set, if I'm not mistaken a 1977 Washington DC Circuit Court of Appeals ruled on a similar issue from either the Ford or Nixon Administration ejecting a reporter, the Judge in this matter is following the guidance and la w of the higher court. I will try to remember the case name and citation and post it.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Unfortunately there is precedent already set, if I'm not mistaken a 1977 Washington DC Circuit Court of Appeals ruled on a similar issue from either the Ford or Nixon Administration ejecting a reporter, the Judge in this matter is following the guidance and la w of the higher court. I will try to remember the case name and citation and post it.

Well, if that's the case then it needs to go to the Supreme Court.

Jim

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Put him in a back corner & don't answer his questions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Cancel the daily press briefing. There is no requirement to have it.

Then give one on one interviews to select reporters.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post