SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just Lost About 1/3 Of The Vision In My Right Eye
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Lost About 1/3 Of The Vision In My Right Eye Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Sounds like you are progressing well. Have you had any episodes of afib??

Not of which I'm aware, but there isn't always symptoms. As I noted, earlier: My Apple Watch has twice, in the four years I wore one nearly continuously, warned me of an irregular heartbeat. Twice in all that time I ascribe to a glitch in the watch's reading.

Mayo Clinic says "Atrial fibrillation symptoms often include heart palpitations, shortness of breath and weakness." Can't say as I've ever experienced those symptoms. Cleveland Clinic says:

1. Heart palpitations - Sudden pounding, fluttering or racing sensation in the chest
  2. Lack of energy or feeling over-tired
  3. Dizziness - Feeling light-headed or faint
  4. Chest discomfort - Pain, pressure or discomfort in the chest
  5. Shortness of breath - Having difficulty breathing during normal activities and even at rest

I've experienced (1) a few times in my life. (Pounding or racing, never fluttering that I recall.) I've occasionally experienced (2) and (3). Can't say as I've ever experienced (4) or (5).

Mind you: The three I said I've experienced have been very rare, widely-separated episodes, never occurred at the same time, and have happened over a time span that's pretty much as long as I can recall. None of them were anything that all-of-a-sudden started happening and reoccurred with any regularity afterward.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. The risk of afib is that you are six times more likely to have a stroke. These days they treat that with Xarelto or Elliquis which lower the risk of stroke. That is a call best made by your cardiologist.

Posts: 17262 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Thanks for the response. The risk of afib is that you are six times more likely to have a stroke. These days they treat that with Xarelto or Elliquis which lower the risk of stroke. That is a call best made by your cardiologist.

Noted. Thanks.

I had a follow-up tele-consultation with my PCP. Her initial impression was a referral to a cardiologist wasn't necessary, but she's going to review the records from my hospital stay and get back to me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good. Keep me posted.

Posts: 17262 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post