SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coca Cola Wants Everybody to ''Try to be Less White'
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coca Cola Wants Everybody to ''Try to be Less White' Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I emailed them telling them I was going to find something else to drink because they don't my oppressive and racist white dollars.

They responded by denying that this was part of their training and was just some third party program the employee accessed from the training companys website.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Vote with your checkbook. Don't buy their crap.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More and more I find myself thanking the good Lord that I am retired and no longer have to suffer through the yearly Diversity and Inclusion training , along with the " Diversity and Inclusion moment " during safety meetings and all of the other woke bullshit that my Fortune 500 employer dished out . It was getting harder and harder to keep my mouth shut and go along with the program . I had one close call when I made a comment about Al Sharpton that could have gotten me fired . Luckily my Supervisor let it go and didn't push it . Now I can scream at the TV and nobody cares .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not work in the corporate world. What year did the diversity and inclusion stuff begin. I know it will end as all trends do. Anyone know??

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
More and more I find myself thanking the good Lord that I am retired and no longer have to suffer through the yearly Diversity and Inclusion training. . .

I know what you mean. I am retired, taught part time at two CA colleges, would have annual diversity training at each college. I have posted before, I got to the final interview for a full time position with the VP of Academics, Dean, Dept Head, and the Head of Diversity. One of the first questions, "how do you promote diversity in the classroom". I told them I work with each students diverse background, and focus on what brings us together, ie, what makes us the same. Wrong answer.

The outgoing prof told me the only way I would get a full time position would be to change my gender or my ethnicity. The VP's admin told me (off the record) they extended the hiring schedule as they needed more of the "right kind" of applications (ie, non white male).

And during one diversity training session I sat next to a poster on the wall, "victims don't need to prove their victimization, we take their claims at face value".

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I do not work in the corporate world. What year did the diversity and inclusion stuff begin. I know it will end as all trends do. Anyone know??

Policies have been in-place for at least 30+ years, mostly aimed at getting managers to knock-off the creepy/pervy boss attitudes and sexually implied commentary amongst staff.
What's changed is the acquiescence of company executives and officers to the new narratives of 'anti-whiteness' and the belief that a 'white supremacy' exists in all aspects of socity. This is after a decade of hearing about online bullying of children and the social affects of bullying. Executives are more focused on company impressions via social media as the marketing-types bombard the C-suites with slick presentations and bewildering numbers that really don't translate to much. Attempting to be responsive and hip to trends, these executives are constantly chasing their tail in an effort to be 'woke', current and 'with-it'; meanwhile the marketing folks continue to insist that companies need to do more and be responsive to their 'core customer' beyond the products or, services they provide.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustyblade:
At the bread counter in the supermarket,
how shall I ask for my... opposite of black bread, to be sliced thin?

What about chicken? I guess you can only get the "dark" meat now. They won't serve white meat. Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:. . . What's changed is the acquiescence of company executives and officers to the new narratives of 'anti-whiteness' and the belief that a 'white supremacy' exists in all aspects of society. . . .

Another quickie, I have posted before. At one of the college diversity trainings, we were told that all white males are guilty of microaggression (ie, negative bias), even if they don't intend it, and don't know it.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

What about chicken? I guess you can only get the "dark" meat now. They won't serve white meat. Big Grin

And you most certainly cant ask for a breast Big Grin !!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
we were told that all white males are guilty of microaggression (ie, negative bias), even if they don't intend it, and don't know it.

and anyone that believes that bullshit is mentally defunct and should be removed from the gene pool, even if they don't intend it, and don't know it Wink

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

I retired 28 years ago, and it had already started then. I recall a battle I had with personnel over firing 2 black females.

They told me I could not do that, because the previous fired employee was a black female. Note that our facility had 16000 employees.

When personnel was informed that line management (me and my manager) had fired her and if they didn't like that, to transfer her to personnel. They were gone that day.

I still believe that MANY of the problems in business today come from line managers who are unwilling to stand up for their decisions and remind the "staff" that line managers actually run the company.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:. . . What's changed is the acquiescence of company executives and officers to the new narratives of 'anti-whiteness' and the belief that a 'white supremacy' exists in all aspects of society. . . .

Another quickie, I have posted before. At one of the college diversity trainings, we were told that all white males are guilty of microaggression (ie, negative bias), even if they don't intend it, and don't know it.

And the majority of the black males are guilty of major aggression and they do intend it.

So what else is new?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's a whole industry that's been created to foist this mindset and thought process onto the world. It really comes down to how 'woke' or, over-the-top, these company's want to go; I've posted my experience with our company's Unconcious Bias Training, fortunately it was NOT a Maoist-inspired struggle session, where one race was put-down and made to be fault of all that is wrong. It might be different with executive-level training, I'll have to ask around.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
There is no way in hell I would sit there and listen to that bullshit.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The upper management at Coca Cola started turning for the worse about a year before the 1996 Olympics. They tried and are still trying to be everything to everyone, obviously depending on the way the political wind is blowing, to stay relevant. If they would quit trying to appeal to the masses of moment and just sell and market their products they might be surprised on how much more their market share they could regain from Pepsico and the like. The only problem is their "woke" upper management is direly in need of purge before this will ever happen. Atlanta native here who knows of several retirees and current employees who are done with the horseSh1t and are merely biding their time until they can leave for retirement or greener pastures. Personally I quit drinking most Coke products as they have continually "experimented" with flavors, sweetners, etc to really make it enjoyable. Mexican Coke is about the only product they make anymore that I enjoy.

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't know when it started, but I first became aware of it in 1990, when I started working for DEC (digital equipment corp).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Thank you.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Sure they will. They just won't serve it to white people.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they stuck to this stuff they would be ok They could just move the Caucasians to the back or something. The message is similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...annel=ProjectReBrief