SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Losing a member here, Kadin, to the Big "C" (Update page 6)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Losing a member here, Kadin, to the Big "C" (Update page 6) Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
Kadin, whom I got to become a member here, has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer. It metastasized. Lungs, bones, etc...

He has been given a short amount of time to live, and probably will not be back on the forum.

I started this thread, for well wishers and prayers to be sent.

I have been going to the VA and visiting him.
It sucks, the chemo has ravaged him, he looks like a ghost.

It has been devastating to me. He was Raingirl's go-to guy locally if anything happened to me, and why is it younger people are being taken around me?
I am just wiped from this.

There are more details I will share later, but I am having difficulty seeing the damn screen right now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainman64,

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Thanks for being there for him. I bet it's impossible to tell you how much it means. Frown

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear of this terrible news. I am sure you being there is a great blessing for him.

Cancer sucks!

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
That is terrible. I remember him posting a couple threads a few months ago from the hospital with the kidney issues / swelling. But cancer wasn't diagnosed.

I am sad to hear this.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. It is hard to find the right words.

I am sure that your friendship is important to him at this time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Damn that sucks, prayers to him, you, yours, and his family.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that. Kadin seemed to be a great guy from his posts.

Prayers sent for him, his family, you and Raingirl.

God bless.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. I remember his posts about the autoimmune disease attacking his kidneys, and trying to get pain management from the VA.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Terrible news. Kadin is one of the good 'uns. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Posts: 26911 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I have prayed for Kadin and his family.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this. Your presence and support is undoubtedly a source of strength and comfort to him.

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Make sure he knows his online brothers and sisters are praying for him and have him in their thoughts.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry! Our prayers for all.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers up for Kadin, family and friends.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Kadin, his family, and friends.

I know Kadin from my time in Dallas and he was among a handful of really great people who introduced me to hot rods in general and racing, AutoX, then road racing at MSR.

Please do tell him Mike and Teri from Dallas said God Bless.

Posts: 2689 | Location: Orlando Area | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear of this.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigredfish:
Prayers for Kadin, his family, and friends.

I know Kadin from my time in Dallas and he was among a handful of really great people who introduced me to hot rods in general and racing, AutoX, then road racing at MSR.

Please do tell him Mike and Teri from Dallas said God Bless.

I met Kadin at MSR, and that's how our friendship started.
We became the evil duo of practical jokes, and from that moment on we bonded.
I will pass on all the well wishes, etc...

He is wheelchair bound, and we are working on getting him transport to see Metallica Friday night for one last fling.

This has been gut wrenching.
He is 6 years younger than me.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am sorry Rainman. I do recall you posting about him. As I think I might of said in that thread.
You are a good man and a great friend and I can think of nothing more upright than standing for a friend in a true time of need. As tough as it might be for both of you.

I know it was in the movies, but recently watched Tombstone and I always love that Wyatt was there for his friend (Doc Holliday) till the end.

It also speaks volumes of the type of man Kadin is that you would ask him to make sure your wife is taken care of in the event of your death. I see evidence of a true friendship between you guys. Pretty rare and something to truly cherish.

And for Raingirl too, surely she is affected too.

Good bless you all.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Proper words fail me.
I am very sorry to be reading this, but I will keep you all in prayer during this difficult time.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this.

Oh, and fuck cancer Mad

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post